Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have been looking at this interface that will alow me to receive HD signals through my Movin' View dome. My sattilite service is through Dish Network. Has anyone else installed this interface system and if so what is your opinion of it?

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have been looking at this interface that will alow me to receive HD signals through my Movin' View dome. My sattilite service is through Dish Network. Has anyone else installed this interface system and if so what is your opinion of it?

300 HP Cat Diesel
Old 11-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am not aware of a HD converter for the Movin view.

However, the Weingard DTV converter is to be able to receive Digital TV from your over the air antenna. I have installed the DTV box and it works great in the little we have used ti. You do not need a DTV converter to receive Dish signals as they are always a digital receiver that then converts to analog.

To go to true HDTV with Dish you will need to upgrade your TV to a HD set(s) and change your Dish receiver and subscription to HD as well as changing your antenna to a non dome antenna - see Weingard for further information.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaDawgFan:
I have been looking at this interface ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you have a link?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:36 AM   #5

He appears to be referring to the ability to move the antenna to the various Dish Network satellites. Since Dish broadcasts their HD on KU band as long as the antenna can receive the signal he would be able to get the HD programming. Unfortunately, the HD coverage is not good so they use 129 for the West and 61.5 for the East and there is nearly no coverage in OR or WA. I am not sure how they managed to screw this up but they were planning on launching a new KA band satellite which never happened.
I believe that this is the interface he is referring to.
http://www.winegard.com/mobile/interface.htm
It appears that if the coach was not pre-wired for the HD converter a new cable must be run from the dish to the HD controller and then a coax cable run from the converter to the receiver. It appears that a cable must then be run from the converter to the second receiver if you are using one. Most coach owners would have a very difficult time getting this second cable run.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:47 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Adams:
He appears to be referring to the ability to move the antenna to the various Dish Network satellites. Since Dish broadcasts their HD on KU band as long as the antenna can receive the signal he would be able to get the HD programming. Unfortunately, the HD coverage is not good so they use 129 for the West and 61.5 for the East and there is nearly no coverage in OR or WA. I am not sure how they managed to screw this up but they were planning on launching a new KA band satellite which never happened.
I believe that this is the interface he is referring to.
http://www.winegard.com/mobile/interface.htm
It appears that if the coach was not pre-wired for the HD converter a new cable must be run from the dish to the HD controller and then a coax cable run from the converter to the receiver. It appears that a cable must then be run from the converter to the second receiver if you are using one. Most coach owners would have a very difficult time getting this second cable run. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right, this is the interface I was referring to. If it works then great, I would rather do this than to scrap my Movin' View and pay money for the Trav'ler System. I currently subscribe to Dish Network's HD service and use one of my HD receivers in the motor home and it works fine..I just watch everything in Standard Definition. If this interface works as advertised I will then look at upgrading my televisions in the motorhome.

300 HP Cat Diesel
Old 11-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The only down side to trying to use a dome to "see" more than one satellite is that if someone wants to watch a program on one TV that is on a particular satellite and the other person wants to watch something else that is on a different satellite, one of the two is not going to be able to watch their program!