Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just wondering if anyone out there, who owns an itasca spirit, has had problems with wind noise comming from the door area and if so have what have you done to help reduce it. I stopped by the dealer and they inspected the seal on the door which they say is just fine. They thought that the wind noise may be comming from the space between the side of the RV (on the outside) and the awing (spelling??) rail.

Email : [email protected]
mmessuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just wondering if anyone out there, who owns an itasca spirit, has had problems with wind noise comming from the door area and if so have what have you done to help reduce it. I stopped by the dealer and they inspected the seal on the door which they say is just fine. They thought that the wind noise may be comming from the space between the side of the RV (on the outside) and the awing (spelling??) rail.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I notice you are a new member. Is this your first MH? I ask as I am wondering if you are comparing noise to previous or if you are just noticing the "new" noises.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

>>Is this your first MH?

DSouthw524 I must admit that this is the first MH that I have ever owned and I have only put 3K on it so far (just in two trips)

>> if you are just noticing the "new" noises.

I am noticing "new" noises in-which the only comparison that I have is the wind noise that I have had in various cars.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2004 Minnie and do not have any such noises, but you could have a slightly bent door around the window allowing air to leak in. The only noise I have is a passenger seat that squeeks LOUDLY when someone is sitting in it. (another trip to the dealer)
Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

When we stopped by the dealer I was thinking off a bent door or bad seal; however, when they quickly inspected it they said the door looks fine.

At this point I think I am going to schedule a detailed inspection at a dealer, the only problem is the nearest dealer is 3 hours away.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Michael,
It may be that everything is OK, but the striker is misadjusted so the door is not closed tightly enough. Usually the striker is adjustable, but for a quick check, you could wrap a few turns of electrical tape around it. You want the door to close as tightly as possible, but without having to slam it - that doesn't make you any friends in the campground.

By the way, welcome to the forum and the lifestyle. Hope you have many years of enjoyment out of RVing - we sure have...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

tomsm thanks for the info on the striker. I have placed a call into the nearest dealer and they said it sounds like the door needs to be adjusted so before I hit the electrical tape I will give them a try (but I will be adding the electrical tape information to my bag of tricks for later!).

Have a great week.