Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Why I hate camping world- Alabama

FINAL POST... I HOPE:

Why I hate Camping World...
Initial warranty issues:
1. infotainment dead, no gps radio etc.
2. AC outlet broke (1)
3. Outside locker won't lock
4. TV's dont work
5. Vertical LED taillights out, both sides
6. Interior step light out

Four months later, 2 of which sitting at CW Robertsdale, AL and the infotainment center and locker now work!!! Everything else... NADA. Worse part is ... to me... twice they said all was done.

Note: When they called me twice to tell me the parts were in and asked when I could bring it in I knew there was a problem. My View was already there! TWICE! Sad. Bigly Sad.
Gene36542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We rescued our Winnebago from them (CW), and it is never going back.
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 02:25 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I agree, that's a baad dealer! We have been much more fortunate with our local CW but it's just a local dealer, DBA Camping World. I try to be nice and they have always helped us out but as you noted, there are probably more "bad" dealers than good out there. Sad. BTW, I've heard folks say our dealer is bad as well but my experience has always been great there, three rigs so far and I would go back. It all depends I suppose. I am not a gluten for punishment either, in fact I am probably not very tolerant of treatment like the OP has posted. That is REALLY bad! I hope you get everything all good soon and enjoy the rig.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

I always had good results when dealing with CW, Robertsdale but heard lately they changed management and that may be the problem. Charles Wilson was the top dog in service and he was super but I understand he went with a RV company in Theodore, Al and Stony the Service Manager went to White sands RV.

One thing the Op might do is to write a letter to Marcus Lemonis and explain it all to him. I wrote him about 2 CW's in Ga and he responded.

Good Luck and I hope you get your problems fixed.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping