Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2017, 06:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Whistling noise

Besides the question about camera wiring I posted in another thread I also have a question about a strange noise. I bought the 2007 Navion 23J yesterday and drove it from Knoxville, TN to south of Atlanta, GA. I was really pleased with how easy it drove and the great ride it had.

However when I got to Atlanta and dropped off my son at the airport so he could get his truck I noticed a strange noise when I got back on the road. Up until that time the only noise had been just some rattles when hitting rough places on the road. The noise is like a whistling noise that is worse at about 20 MPH and gradually stops above 40 MPH. From about 25 MPH to 40 MPH it starts getting intermittent. At that speed it almost sounds like the backup alarm you hear on heavy equipment.

When we got back home south of Atlanta I had my son ride with me again and we got on a back road where we could go slow while he walked around trying to find the source of the noise. He also had me apply the brakes to see if it could be a brake pad chattering. Applying the brakes made no difference.

The noise appears to be only associated with the road speed. The engine speed makes no difference. Accelerating or decelerating makes no difference, My son said that it seems the noise is coming from somewhere close to the drivers area but could not pin point just where.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? I was stuck in slow moving traffic for a while and it was very annoying as about 20 MPH was the speed we were moving.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had the same exact issue and fixed it with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On each side of your windshield (driver and passenger) side there is a lip and crosswinds will cause that noise you are describing. One tube covers both sides and no more noise. Good luck!
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your reply. I will check that out.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by citfta View Post
Thanks for your reply. I will check that out.
I forgot to mention that one thing that will help you identify if this is the problem as well is when you start to hear the noise turn on the windshield wipers and release a good amount of fluid. If the noise goes away that is exactly what it is. As crazy as it sounds this worked for me on the exact noise you are describing. Best wishes.

Tags
noise