Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Warranty issues with Winnebago and Transwest

I purchased my 2018 Navion 24 D on February 23, 2018 from Transwest RV in Frederick Colorado. Before delivery I noticed paint issues and was assured that they would be fixed quickly. Took it in to be painted, over a month after I took delivery, and they didn't fix one of the issues and said the other was fixed - it wasn't. I was told I had to bring it back to get fixed properly. Meanwhile the sliding door to the bathroom came undone (screws holding the door to the channel came out). Transwest was finally was able to get me in to get the repairs done, that was two weeks ago. As of today nothing has been done and I was told that the parts to fix the door won't be in until July 20th!! When I spend over 100K for a vehicle I expect it to be right! Warranty issues come up and that is to be expected with everything, but it can't take months to make repairs. Is it Winnebago's or Transwest's problem - I don't care!!!

Does anyone have any inside information to help me with my warranty issues?
Gerrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #2

In hindsight, never ever sign anything buying a new RV until all apparent issues are fixed.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sorry that you are unhappy with the warranty response on your new Navion and I hope that the issues are resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Unfortunately, this is the extreme busy season for RV dealerships, and typically emergency/safety and traveling RVers' issues get to move to the front of the service line ahead of "non-critical" warranty issues. Be the squeaky wheel, but remain calm and don't get belligerent; your fate is in their hands.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I was having warranty issues with another Winnebago dealer in Denver. I called Winnebago and got some help understanding what was happening and getting some assistance. It is a frustrating process to be sure. 99% of my issue has been the dealer and poor workshop management.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I would urge you to call Winnebago service (have your VIN handy) and get an update on what your dealer is doing. Your dealer has to contact Winnebago for approval for warranty work and to order parts. Winnebago tracks both of those transactions and can tell you very quickly what the delay might be - including the dealer not ordering the required parts or if it really is a factory delay. Armed with the information of what is really going on, call the dealer service manager and confront him. Hard to refute data. You want to bounce this up the line at the dealership if need be.

I've had to do this twice with our local Camping World and it is effective to getting them off their collective rear ends.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the insite, great info.
Gerrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Warranty Parts

Parts issues exist at ALL dealers, not just Transwest. Wife’s Volvo is in for repair after been rear ended. It’s been three weeks.

We purchased a 2018 Navion 24J from Transwest and it has been in three times for warranty issues. The issues were not the dealer’s fault. The air conditioner was not working correctly when they did the delivery inspection. Had to wait two weeks for that to come in. The dinette table keeps squeaking and turning even when locked down, 13 wheel nut covers fell off and our microwave works intermittently. Parts were ordered three weeks ago and we are still waiting. Font end alignment was out and had to take it to a shop that can do Sprinter alignment. Winnebago paid but it had to be submitted and we had to wait for payment.

This is our 7th RV and believe me, the problem is universal. There are 10s of RV models produced by a single manufacture and no dealer can stock parts for all units. Sad but true.
Rhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Yes, owning an RV is not right for everyone. It takes more patience than Job, ingenuity, as many skills as you can muster or fake and still you will hit the dealer service issues. They are all busy. It seems almost everyone has an RV now, far too many toys and too few techs. Some dealers/shops are forthright and do not mislead while others do. It's a tough world if you need to depend on those places for service and sometimes you do. Right now I have found a great little shop and far too many others also know they are honest, do good work and keep you informed. Bottom line, you get to wait. If I were young and wondering what to do for money I would be thinking about opening an RV service center and hire great techs and pay them well. Then again, the economy can change. Yeah, I don't get on the roof any more so I had to get the shop to take off the broken solar and I'll be taking rig in next week to get the replacement panel put on. Easy job but not if you are uncomfortable on the roof. Parts shipping back and forth between coasts, short repair time and it takes about 8 weeks for the panel replacement. If you can make the repair make it yourself, saves time, worry and you can deal with the issue in the future because you learned how this time. It does not matter the cost of your investment, could be a little TT or a $500k DP - stuff breaks, stuff will be wrong or broken on delivery. It can be frustrating if you are not prepared to deal with it. Try to take service issues calmly, be insistent but not demanding, treat them like you want to be treated - with respect and courtesy. Sometimes that works, sometimes not but you will always win when you don't loose your composure
Just remembered I need to order the Cole Hersee 200 amp solenoid to replace the dinky one under passenger seat - preemptive repair.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago