Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View Sewer hose support

Any recommendations for a sewer hose support for the View 24V? The Camco Sidewinder we used for our previous Class A pusher is too tall for the low sewer drain pipe/valve on this rig. Some campgrounds require the slinky to be supported and I am having trouble locating something low enough to fit.
Thanks for any recommendations.
Schoolhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Someone suggested getting a length of vinyl rain gutter, and cutting it to length, then using the leftover piece to make end supports, or something like that.

Alternately, if you don't hook your 24V sewer hose up to the park's sewer drain all the time, and only deploy the hose when it's time to dump, you may be able to avoid the "suspension bridge" issue altogether.

Why not ask the campground folks if that would be OK?

We were in south west AZ in February and that was acceptable. We only dumped once in 6 days there, just before departure.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #3
Site Team

I would recommend that you cut-away the too-tall sections of the Camco Sidewinder.
If the remaining length of Sidewinder is then too short to make it to the dump, then the suggestions Winterbagoal makes above could bridge the gap.
On a side-note, does the View 24V sewer pipe drag on the ground at times?
Thanks, Eagle5.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, all. Arizona is the only place it became an issue for us, as well. We were at Lake Havasu and they were insistent that the slinky “never touch the ground.”
We were only there for a week and just needed to dump once. Either way, I’d like to find a solution.
I looked at trimming the Sidewinder but I wouldn’t end up with much that worked. I figured others have had the same issue and knew of a low slung model designed for Class Bs and Cs. I usually only hook up to dump. If push comes to shove in Arizona, I’ll just lay down a couple of large trash bags end to end for the 5 minutes it takes to dump and call it good. Easy Peasy ��
Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, forgot to respond to the dragging concern. Thankfully that has never been an issue....sure hope to keep it that way.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
I would recommend that you cut-away the too-tall sections of the Camco Sidewinder.
If the remaining length of Sidewinder is then too short to make it to the dump, then the suggestions Winterbagoal makes above could bridge the gap.
On a side-note, does the View 24V sewer pipe drag on the ground at times?
Thanks, Eagle5.

Only if I forget to stow it correctly.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolhouse View Post
Thanks, all. Arizona is the only place it became an issue for us, as well. We were at Lake Havasu and they were insistent that the slinky “never touch the ground.”
We were only there for a week and just needed to dump once. Either way, I’d like to find a solution.
I looked at trimming the Sidewinder but I wouldn’t end up with much that worked. I figured others have had the same issue and knew of a low slung model designed for Class Bs and Cs. I usually only hook up to dump. If push comes to shove in Arizona, I’ll just lay down a couple of large trash bags end to end for the 5 minutes it takes to dump and call it good. Easy Peasy ��
Thanks again.
If you decide to only deploy when you're ready to dump, it's OK if it touches the ground during the process, as far as I know. It only has to be off the ground if setup full time.

Maybe check with the individual AZ parks before using my suggestion, just to be sure.
We dumped both tanks on our last day near Yuma, and I only use a 1" ID flexible length of reinforced hose to dump, and it touched the ground during the process. No one complained. When we paid for our site for the week, they told us about the "off the ground" thing, and I asked if we could "just use our sewer setup to dump when we needed to", and they said "of course".
Old 08-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Good idea. If I recall correctly “off the ground” is either a state law or perhaps adopted county by county. Although we were officially informed of the regulation there were no slinky police patrolling. I suspect with the large turnover of visitors that there is some semblance of practicality of enforcement effort by the campgrounds.
I will always try to obey the rules when I am visiting some else’s home turf. So if there is a reasonable answer I will gladly comply....well, maybe not gladly, but I will do my best. Thus, the question I put out there. We’re planning for a winter visit to the “off the ground” state and figure now would be a good time to evaluate options.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Maybe their logic in letting us do it that way was, "if it's stowed, it's off the ground". Possibly a legal loophole in the law?

Always best to do the homework before you go.

AZ was nice, but we were about 30 miles east, and there wasn't much there to do unless you were into ORV-ing. We weren't.

Couldn't beat the price of the c/g though. Almost made it worth the drive.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolhouse View Post
Any recommendations for a sewer hose support for the View 24V? The Camco Sidewinder we used for our previous Class A pusher is too tall for the low sewer drain pipe/valve on this rig. Some campgrounds require the slinky to be supported and I am having trouble locating something low enough to fit.
Thanks for any recommendations.

Unless you've looked into this already, Camco makes some 45 and 90 degree sewer hose fittings with swivel ends that might provide enough flexibility to use your existing hose system.
Old 08-26-2023, 10:29 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Drain Support

Buy a length of vinyl gutter at Lowes/HD, cut it to length that will fit in your bays. Cut the sidewinder off at the correct height. Voila! Supported slinky with no kinks or sags. I carry multiple sections (they nest) so I can handle any length I need.
Mojates is offline   Reply With Quote