Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 06:32 AM   #581
Winnebago Owner

I think the Navion G is a good choice. We the the 2014 View G version. One thing that surprised us is the amount of storage - more than we expected. As for being too small and leading to divorce, we heard that too. While we never went 365 we did have trips of 4 months and never a problem. You will spend as much or more time outside than in the Navion.

It is small enough that you can park easily in grocery store parking lots. We've parked many times on city streets, even spending the night at a friend's house in Tallahassee, FL. We put out the bed slide but not the living room one.

We've done a little boondock camping but mostly we were in State parks where we could empty the tanks and take showers at their bathhouses rather than fill the grey tank so tank size might be more of an issue for you. Our longest stay at one place was a month and we didn't need to empty the tanks - again, we used their bathhouses for showers.

Have happy and safe adventures.
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #582
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostyvyg View Post
Well, I certainly do not want anything longer then 30 feet, also the quality of the new trailers and coaches I've seen scares the daylights out of me. I do some woodworking as a hobby and seeing how cabinetry is built by most of the manufacturers makes me want to cry. Particle board, staples, oh my... I narrowed down a list of contenders to companies who still adhere to the best practices and make quality products: Winnebago, Northwood, Airstream. Also looked at older Calss A by Country Coach (they happen to made 30 footers). I and my wife are not scared to downsize and have a minimalist life - we spent quite some time on a sailboat where space is at premium. Still, I can't put my finger on water consumption as it relates to traveling on land. How much time does water last when using Navion? Do you carry extra water jugs? Do you carry extra diesel fuel? How long does the propane last? If we could stretch it to a week without topping the tanks up we might as well go with the View or Navion...

Hi, we are coming off 3 years of full time sailing live aboard (34'). I think it'll be weird to actually burn the fuel in the tank (16 miles per gallon vs 16 gallons a year!) to get somewhere, and not be able to produce our own water! We are also looking very closely at the View. The View looks gigantic in comparison to the living space on the boat. I'd be curious what you decide...30 gallons fresh was more than enough for a week on board, but then again we probably smelled just natural enough to keep the sharks at bay I'm also curious what "normal" water usage looks like with the tank size on the View.
ElCampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #583
Winnie-Wise

If you are looking at a new View you should not worry about the size of the water tanks. We have the 18V24D. First all the new Views have the Truma water heater, no waste, instant hot water. It matters. We can stay out in the little View as long as we did in the prior Class A DP with tanks twice the size. Be certain to get the diesel generator, the LP tank is small and you need that for cold nights and hot water, diesel for the generator. The size of the View is pretty good, enough storage to take what you need. Hopefully the issues with the compressor refrigerator are nearing resolution or possible resolved with the now shipping models. Even so you will need to check the house batteries unless WGO is now shipping lithium power pack 6 or whatever they will call it.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #584
Winnebago Owner

Airbag problems

We have a 2014 View G. We love it. However, we have waited years to get the dangerous airbags replaced. We finally got the driver side replace and within a week got a notice the passenger side bag was also dangerous. We've waited months on that and are told it will be more months before we can have safe airbags.

Are others having this problem?
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #585
Winnebago Watcher

Sofa replaced with 2 Recliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
We ordered the 24V- because the twin beds are comfortable-and because they stay ready to use without any "getting ready"

We found the Sofa/Bed to be uncomfortable for TV Viewing-and-too much trouble to use as a bed. SO- we put in 2 Recliners where the Sofa was-the table still fits fine, and ,the 2 Recliners are very comfortable-ps-there is a console in between that holds all our phones, laptops etc with room for chargers, it was easy to put an extension chord in there.

Where did you get the recliners? We want to replace our sofa.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #586
Winnebago Owner

We got ours at Lambright.

https://maps.apple.com/place?address...rs%2C%20L.L.C.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:00 AM   #587
Winnebago Camper

My 2018 View shows me the DEF level on one of the screens of the computer dashboard. I think the warning light came on about 4K miles. Truck stops will have DEF either at the pump or in boxes. I just watch the level from the screen on the dashboard and when it drops below 1/2 full, I start thinking about it but probably have close to 1000 miles before the warning light comes on and then still 300 miles to refill it.
xphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #588
View 24v

We have a 2017 View 24V. The exterior light is a strip of LED bulbs. But only a few of ours are lighting. Has anyone replaced the light strip on one of these? I pulled the fixture off but it appears all the bulbs are contained in a plastic housing.
MaxMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:14 AM   #589
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2018 View 24V and I am looking for a solution to getting the 30 amp cord back into the storage space. I can do it but there must be someone who has found a simple way to do it without spending a lot of time on your knees. Any suggestions?
Texasview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #590
Winnie-Wise

Wait until you have a nice sunny warm place to stretch it out. Then, starting at the coach end, coil it up one loop at a time in your hand always keeping the twist the same (like coiling a rope, and extension cord, or a hose). Let the plug end untwist as you go. When you are done, shove the coil into the compartment and plug the cord into the generator outlet.

Another way (you will need some electrical skills) is to cut the power cord at a point where it hangs out of the compartment about 12-18". Install a new male connector at that point. On your remaining power cord, install a female connector on the cut end. You can store the longer portion anywhere you want and put the short portion into the compartment and plug into the generator outlet. No fighting with long, unruly cords. You can get the plug ends at any RV supply.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #591
Winnebago Owner

I agree with LUVLABS. I haven't had a problem coiling the cord back in as Roger described, but you do need to be on your knees to do so. If that is untenable, then the other option of cutting and re-terminating the cord is a great idea. To me though, that is a unnecessary expense.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #592
Winnebago Owner

I also have not had a issue fitting mine back in (not very well coiled). But you have to get down under the hatch lid. Part of the beauty of these is they are compact so getting tools etc out of the storage compartments happens low.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #593
Winnie-Wise

Exactly. Helps to get one of those 'garden kneeling pads' to put on the ground. As before..... stretch the cord all the way out behind the RV. I use a couple of paper towels and wipe it down as I put it away, loop by loop. Coil as neat as you can on the floor of the cubby box. Round and round with a twist. After a couple times you have it down to a nice neat coil and you have room for some other goodies. I keep the surge protector in there and the kneeling pad. (Which you can also use when rigging the water system.....)
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:50 PM   #594
Winnebago Master

I keep one of those foam gardener's kneeling pads in the cord bay when I have to mess with the cord. Much easier on the knees!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:40 PM   #595
Winnebago Owner

I also use a foam kneeling mat but I don't mess with coiling the cord up neatly before tucking it into the storage area. I just gently stuff it in there in whatever way it lays. It's certainly not coiled up but I don't see the need to have a neatly coiled up cord in there.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:32 AM   #596
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
I also use a foam kneeling mat but I don't mess with coiling the cord up neatly before tucking it into the storage area. I just gently stuff it in there in whatever way it lays. It's certainly not coiled up but I don't see the need to have a neatly coiled up cord in there.
Some of us are OCD. Personally, I'm CDO (same syndrome but the letter are in the RIGHT order)!!!
Old 01-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #597
Winnebago Camper

I currently tow 2014 CR-V. I use NSA brake system. Tows very easy I have towed it to Vicksburg MS from Connnecticut. I didn’t even know it was behind me.
Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #598
Winnebago Watcher

We own a 2012 view 24m. The air mattress recently failed. Does anyone know a good replacement? Also, the fiber mesh that supports the air mattress from head to waist is sagging. Does anyone know how to remedy?
MARKH is offline   Reply With Quote