Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View / Navion Sewer Hose Storage

We just took possession of our 2017 View a number of days ago, with having never seen a 2017 in person. It seems as though there's little to indicate what is new for a new model year in a coach but we did know Winnebago added the black tank flush fitting for 2017. I'd not so secretly hoped they'd also fixed the sewer hose storage shortcoming. They did not; same setup as in the previous year with the short, small diameter port on the driver's side behind a storage door.

So my question is, what fixes have you, the Navion / View owner come up with for storing your oversized sewer hose and attachments?

I'd planned on trying to use a Super-Slider by D&W but it doesn't look like a good fit for the Navion / View. Super-Slider

Now that it's out, the best route I've seen is in creating a second storage port on the passenger's side behind the storage doors as seen in this video:

If you have a solution for the View / Navion that you like better than the above, please share.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I use a hose with caps and store them in a plastic tub with lid in the driver side bin (right near the "OEM" which i keep as an emergency hose. Seems I have more room than weight will allow anyway.

You can sanitize with some bleach solution every so often, I rinse and drain the hoses and then put end caps on and have not had any smell issues.

Others have made special tube holders, etc. I haven't felt the need to do so.

Wash your hands!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had the same frustrations with the small diameter storage tube. I just bought the Blueline Press fit hose and adapters. The hose with the connection fitting fits in the storage tube. Solved my problem.
JJ Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Holiday View Post
I had the same frustrations with the small diameter storage tube. I just bought the Blueline Press fit hose and adapters. The hose with the connection fitting fits in the storage tube. Solved my problem.
What length Presto-o-Fit hose fits in the factory storage tube?
Old 08-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonlands View Post
What length Presto-o-Fit hose fits in the factory storage tube?

I only bought the 10ft for now, which is the same length I believe it came with. I might try the 17ft version, but I think 10ft will work 95% of the time for me.
JJ Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:27 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Holiday View Post
I only bought the 10ft for now, which is the same length I believe it came with. I might try the 17ft version, but I think 10ft will work 95% of the time for me.
Exactly! For the 5% you need the longer hose, where will you keep it?
Old 08-10-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
Exactly! For the 5% you need the longer hose, where will you keep it?
That depends on what the longest sewer hose is you'll need and the capacity of the factory storage tube. Ideally, we'd be able to keep all of the hose in the storage tube to both utilized the designed (and drained, I believe) storage, and free up storage in the bay the hose would require.

So the question is how much of the Prest-o-Fit hose will fit in the factory storage tube? Two joined 10' sections would be great.

Anyone stored a 15'-20' hose in the factory hose storage tube on the View / Navion?
Old 08-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Anyone stored a 15'-20' hose in the factory hose storage tube on the View / Navion?
I'll be answering this question myself. I just ordered the Blueline Prest-o-Fit setup that includes two 10' sections. If the 20' combination won't fit in the factory storage tube, at least half of my hose setup will.

Thanks for the insight. I'll report back in about a week with the results.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I'm using the gray hose with the blue slip on ends. Had to trim about 8" off but it fits in the factory "hose box". I've got away from all the redundancy I used to carry in my big diesel pusher. I don't carry extra "just in case" sewer hose. Some sites have the dump way at the end and I can't reach. So I dump when I arrive and dump when I leave. We seldom stay anywhere more than four days, and we can "hold it".
BPOE #2504
Bobs911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Hose Storage

It is interesting that Winnebago continues to install such a small drain hose storage compartment. From viewing the post it appears this issue has been going for a few years.

After market sewer hoses are typically 15’, not 10’, and have larger fittings than the hose Winnebago provides. Come on Guys!

Perhaps the Winnebago team should try using what they install? It would only take one time, using the hose provided, to change the course of design once they get “stuff” on their feet.

Please understand, we love our Navion. We just want all of the installed components to live up to the Winnebago name.
Rhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

This question has been around since we had our previous View, 06-23H. What I did second day of ownership with our 18-24D is remove the factory white storage box, seal the drain tube, cover the entrance square, rivet that in place and seal it, paint it black. Then I store my big RhinoFlex dual hose with fittings inside a container - in the same space WGO otherwise wasted. Put the end caps on the hoses that come with the kit. No more worries.

We carry the entire kit, both hoses, because we have had Elk stomp our hose before and because many military parks you need near 20ft to reach the dump.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Sewer hose alternatives

Thank you for your reply. What you did sounds like a very good idea.

The solution we used was to purchase a Valterra hose carrier and attached it to our Gear Space 34 cargo carrier frame. The Dominator hose we purchased fits well in the new carrier. It is interesting how RV manufactures vary in approach. Our last RV was a Fleetwood Icon (Sprinter chassis). There was room in the drain compartment for our hose.
Rhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

I'm a big fan of the Valterra Dominator hose because it can be collapsed in length. I use a Sterilite plastic box (about 16WX24LX6D), collapse the hose, put the end caps on, and lay it in the box along with the elbow adaptor. Fits in the storage compartment under the slide in my 24V. The extensions are kept in another storage box in my rear compartment.

I suppose I could find a place to run a piece of PVC fence post under the coach to store the hoses, but this works very well.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #14
Living The Dream

We use a SewerSolution. Immediately removed the plastic sewer hose container that WGO provides from the storage bay, plugged off the little drain hose and covered/sealed the square hole on the side of the bay opening. Now the area in the bay that had the container is just plain storage.

The SewerSolution stores easily in a plastic trash bag and is simply tucked in about anywhere (except the wet Bay Area, it’s just too small for nearly anything).
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I just purchased a View24. I am downzing from a Class A due to passing of my sweet hubby. Please help me figure out hose storage. I put the freshwater hose in the rear passenger side compartment with the plastic bottom. I don't want my sewer hose in there with my fresh water hose. My Rhino hose will not fit in that small tube Winnebago provided! I put it in a plastic bin in the compartment under the slide on the driver's side. Does this sound ok??? Am I missing something?
Bunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:51 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

No you are not missing something. The supplied sewer hose storage is not useful as is. There have been many fixes. Best to search and pick the one you like the best.

For me I now use a fresh water (blue) collapsible hose and store it right in the wet bay.

For the sewer hose (rhino) I put it in a large plastic tupper type container and store it in the large bay behind the driver. It's where I keep my wash bucket, Black collapsible hose for tank flush and washing the rig, Also I store my venturi tube and other items similar. I do every so often fill the container with some bleach and water and keep caps on the hose itself and haven't found any odor problems.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:45 AM   #17
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

To close to Hot Exhaust ?

I saw this pic of the carrier pipe installed by cutting into the Generator stall , ,Thought it was a wonderful idea until I saw how close the PVC is to the exhaust pipe... I am reevaluating this one.
Quote:
We just took possession of our 2017 View a number of days ago, with having never seen a 2017 in person. It seems as though there's little to indicate what is new for a new model year in a coach but we did know Winnebago added the black tank flush fitting for 2017. I'd not so secretly hoped they'd also fixed the sewer hose storage shortcoming. They did not; same setup as in the previous year with the short, small diameter port on the driver's side behind a storage door.

So my question is, what fixes have you, the Navion / View owner come up with for storing your oversized sewer hose and attachments?

I'd planned on trying to use a Super-Slider by D&W but it doesn't look like a good fit for the Navion / View. Super-Slider

Now that it's out, the best route I've seen is in creating a second storage port on the passenger's side behind the storage doors as seen in this video:

If you have a solution for the View / Navion that you like better than the above, please share.
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:55 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I'll be answering this question myself. I just ordered the Blueline Prest-o-Fit setup that includes two 10' sections. If the 20' combination won't fit in the factory storage tube, at least half of my hose setup will.

Thanks for the insight. I'll report back in about a week with the results.
Did you ever try the 20 foot hose in the factory storage tube?
jayelldouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage