Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #61
Winnie-Wise

Yes, I would buy another. Bought a 2017. The 18's where out at the time but I did the 17 because I was not sure of the refrigerator. !4,000 miles later and a few up grades and I am a "Happy Camper."
Old 07-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #62
Winnebago Owner

We chose a 24J model because of the storage room in the outside cargo compartments and the interior floorplan. We've been extremely happy with it. I do not care for the new residential style refrigerators that Winnebago is using. After reading many comments and reviews of these refrigerators I'm glad we have the older style RV fridge. We dry camp a lot so I'd rather run on propane than deal with creating enough solar power to keep the batteries charged for fridge operation. Please from what I've read, they are somewhat noisy which I wouldn't care for. So the question, "would you buy again"? No I'll keep my 2016,
Old 07-16-2018, 04:49 AM   #63
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA View Post
15NJ Profile Humphrey.
43K miles and just put new Michelins with Dually Borg stems on and replaced the Continentals. Also had the front end aligned and the Michelins rebalanced by balancing while on the vehicle. Took a little vibration out from the original Discount Tire balancing job.
Smoother, quieter, less stiff feeling ride with the Michelins.
The Borgs are a great addition. Much easier to check pressures and air up if required. Guess I could put the simulators back on now but actually I have no intention Of doing that.
Last trip? Northern MI and UP. Never tire of the Big Mac Bridge crossing.
Next trip? Nova Scotia and Maine in September.

Also working towards getting setup to tow. Including a new vehicle. But that's another story for another Thread.
The Borgs, how much would they be for someone to put them on?
gomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #64
2016 Winnebago Navion 24J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
We chose a 24J model because of the storage room in the outside cargo compartments and the interior floorplan. We've been extremely happy with it. I do not care for the new residential style refrigerators that Winnebago is using. After reading many comments and reviews of these refrigerators I'm glad we have the older style RV fridge. We dry camp a lot so I'd rather run on propane than deal with creating enough solar power to keep the batteries charged for fridge operation. Please from what I've read, they are somewhat noisy which I wouldn't care for. So the question, "would you buy again"? No I'll keep my 2016,
Ken, from the looks of your avatar we have the exact year, model, and paint as yours. We are extremely happy with our slightly used purchase. We would definitely purchase again, but we like the 2016 features better than the current.

The driver's seat is showing some minor wear and I will try purchasing some vinyl dye and rubbing it in and wiping the excess off. The A/C was too noisy so I purchased a "hush kit" and that really, really helped. The navigation had a corrupted (defective) SD card on our 2017 California trip (a real bummer).
MrMarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #65
Winnebago Owner

I had problems with the factory installed navigation unit which was replaced under warranty. A few months later (out of warranty) the replacement also became non-functional. It would take over 5 minutes to plot a 60 miles route. Then at times it would lose track of where we were on the road. I replaced it with an after-market unit. I also now carry a portable GPS Nav as a backup.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:14 AM   #66
DMA
Winnebago Camper

Not sure exactly, but it's not a big deal. Call around. I had Discount Tire do mine, where I purchased the Michelins, they said they had experience putting them on. Apparently they did because they have held air for months now.
When you ask and they don't know what you are talking about, move on.
Perhaps a tire shop that specializes in trucks.
Bring the valves with you, you need to order the correct ones based on the age/wheel configuration.
DMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:20 AM   #67
DMA
Winnebago Camper

I wouldn't order the River Park Nav System again.
Google And paper maps works fine. My old Garmin is better than the Rand McNally software in the RP HardwareFirmware platform.
RP and RM will provide free updates.
The AM/FM radio is terrible.
XM works fine as does the CD player.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:25 AM   #68
DMA
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarog View Post
Ken, from the looks of your avatar we have the exact year, model, and paint as yours. We are extremely happy with our slightly used purchase. We would definitely purchase again, but we like the 2016 features better than the current.

The driver's seat is showing some minor wear and I will try purchasing some vinyl dye and rubbing it in and wiping the excess off. The A/C was too noisy so I purchased a "hush kit" and that really, really helped. The navigation had a corrupted (defective) SD card on our 2017 California trip (a real bummer).
I put Cover King seat covers on the seats, armrest and headrest. Great fit.
$100 on a collaboration with Costco and Cover King. Also convinced WGO to provide new seat covers as the 15s had a bad batch of material from their vendor. Premature wear and breakdown.
15NJ Humphrey.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:33 AM   #69
DMA
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
$100 on a collaboration with Costco and Cover King. Also convinced WGO to provide new seat covers as the 15s had a bad batch of material from their vendor. Premature wear and breakdown.
15NJ Humphrey.
What is the Hush Kit and how about a link?
Heatpump AC is noisy.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:48 AM   #70

Quote:
What is the Hush Kit and how about a link?
Heatpump AC is noisy.
It is a speed reducer for the condenser fan motor. It drastically reduces exterior fan noise, and also improves interior noise levels (but not as significantly). It is very easy to install. You will not need the fan blade because you already have the three blade fan.

Mach 8 hush kits
Old 07-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #71

Quote:
15NJ Humphrey.
Was your unit still under factory warranty when WGO replaced the seat covers? Thank you for the a/m seat cover recommendation..
Old 07-19-2018, 04:34 AM   #72
DMA
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarog View Post
Was your unit still under factory warranty when WGO replaced the seat covers? Thank you for the a/m seat cover recommendation..
Not under warranty. It's a 15 Navion J Profile. WGO did it as "goodwill".
It wasn't easy. Sent lots of pictures. Calculated how many hours utilized. Denied twice as WGO Vendor wouldn't agree to replacing.
Supposedly there was some substandard material in 15.
We got the new WGO seat covers in a box. We are on our own for installation.
Heck I have 15 year old vehicles with 150K miles as daily drivers with better looking seats!!
Old 11-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #73
Winnebago Watcher

So I am staring my search for a 24V, in Oregon as well. After your time with this model, how do you like it?
Dtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #74
Winnebago Owner

The Winnebago product is top notch, and has lots of storage space. The “24-x” series gets pretty good MPG (~14 @65 MPH) and we love the ease of driving, parking, as well as plenty of power to get up steep grades. We REALLY like the 24D floor plan as you get a MUCH bigger kitchen and living space when camping. The key is the Murphy bed which allows you to use “bedroom space” as living room space (with a couch!) during the day. That extra counter space makes ALL the difference when cooking. Suggest you Check out floor plans and prices on https://www.lichtsinn.com/product-wi...raryDetailTabs . Happy Trails!
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #75
Winnebago Owner

Coffee Drink: whytheneed to upgrade the View 24G suspension? Is it peculiar to the G? I haven’t seen a need to do so on the 24D.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #76
Winnebago Owner

One more thing on the V as opposed to the D: because the kitchen space is much smaller you loose the very nice pantry that is in the D model (V is much smaller), plus three drawers in the kitchen. That is a significant amount of lost storage space. If you haven’t done so, I suggest you do a trial run on a rental 24V. Interior space is a premium on long trips.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #77
Winnebago Camper

We love our 2018 24v love the twin beds mostly. Can expand to king at night much more sleeping than the other Q beds wife likes to be able to lay down read nap while I drive , kit is bit small but we work it out we use the table top over the duel sinks as extra counter space i.e. Coffee pot,elect skillet,toaster etc. everyone has there fav part of there floor plan so figure out what's most important to you . The overall use of twin beds did it for us TN VIEWer good luck
TN VIEWer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #78
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtisis View Post
Coffee Drink: whytheneed to upgrade the View 24G suspension? Is it peculiar to the G? I haven’t seen a need to do so on the 24D.
I have a G too. IMHO you don’t have to upgrade the suspension. But I did to improve it. Agile tuned shocks and Sumo Springs eliminated rocking when coming off uneven surfaces. Also improved pushing by passing trucks.

I have seen lots of V,M and other models do the same.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #79
Winnebago Master

The "FORD V10" discussion posts have been moved to their own thread. http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...10-353145.html

Please keep this thread on topic. Thanks!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #80
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurtisis View Post
The Winnebago product is top notch, and has lots of storage space. The “24-x” series gets pretty good MPG (~14 @65 MPH) and we love the ease of driving, parking, as well as plenty of power to get up steep grades. We REALLY like the 24D floor plan as you get a MUCH bigger kitchen and living space when camping. The key is the Murphy bed which allows you to use “bedroom space” as living room space (with a couch!) during the day. That extra counter space makes ALL the difference when cooking. Suggest you Check out floor plans and prices on https://www.lichtsinn.com/product-wi...raryDetailTabs . Happy Trails!
We went with the 24V, because we don't always go to bed at the same time. One of us might want to watch some late TV, or read a book, or listen to some tunes.
Our 24V has 2 separate living/sleeping areas, so what one person does doesn't necessarily infringe on the other person. With the 24D, when the Murphy bed is deployed for the person heading to bed, the other one(s) lose their "MUCH bigger" living space and kitchen. If you always go to bed at the same time, then perhaps the 24D might work. Oh, and if you like or need big pantries, the choice of the 24D might be better.
The entire driver's side of the 24D is a slide, and they can be problematic if they fail. Just some more food for thought.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote