Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

View & Navion owners - Would you buy again?

Knowing what you now know, would you buy again ? What is your favorite thing about your coach? What is your worst complaint?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Yes. Same View Profile 24G.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Add to that too- what is your favorite floor plan and why?
gosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
Add to that too- what is your favorite floor plan and why?
The J is much more open and bette feng shui.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
The J is much more open and bette feng shui.
I agree- I like the J for being more open but don't know what "bette feng shui" means. I'm sorry, I'm not Chinese.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosman View Post
I agree- I like the J for being more open but don't know what "bette feng shui" means. I'm sorry, I'm not Chinese.
That should have read "better" Feng Shui. And, Feng Shui means harmonious - as in, the floor plan just feels better.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have the Navion 25J and have had it for a year. Basically we love it. Wish that it had come set up for solar. 4wheel drive would be nice as well. A little tight for storage but we have adjusted. Any inconvenience is outweighed by the ease of driving, comfortable living and no anxiety when pulling into smaller places.
The build is great and except for some smaller issues have no complaints. Let's hope that continues.
We both feel this was the right choice for us at this time. Lynn
Lynnowensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
gr8
Winnebago Camper

we just bought a Navion 24V I love the twin beds in the back that also convert to almost king size. I especially like that when we use the twin beds there is a place/more room to rest my arms due to the middle portion that goes across. (My mom had an RV with twin beds in the back for years) I really like having my own space and our dogs do too LOL
gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

To early

Picked up new 2017 Navion 24G last week.
DW pushed for something smaller she could drive as well.
Traded our 2008 Excursion 40E for it.
I'm still in shock over size.
Very nice to drive and opens up alot more sites in CG's
Fuel much better but all that wasn't a problem for me
Happy Wife, Happy Life
Hope that's right
Time will tell
Pam, GiGi, & Mark Traveling in GiGi's Dog House. 2017 Navion 24G w/ Dinette being pushed by 2017 Chevy Spark. Loss GiGi in 2017 to cancer. A part of her rides with us all the time but not the same. She really enjoyed Adventures
Bompa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
Picked up new 2017 Navion 24G last week.
DW pushed for something smaller she could drive as well.
Traded our 2008 Excursion 40E for it.
I'm still in shock over size.
Very nice to drive and opens up alot more sites in CG's
Fuel much better but all that wasn't a problem for me
Happy Wife, Happy Life
Hope that's right
Time will tell
Great! Let us know how you like the smaller size! For those of us that haven't decided yet to go small or large!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:24 PM   #11
gr8
Winnebago Camper

Can't imagine going large to small.

I can't imagine going from a large rv to a smaller one. However, we chose a Navion24v because we are not full timers and the RV fits in our parking space next to our garage. Had we gone larger we would be storing the thing. ick! We live in Oregon where we only get a few freezing days a year. Hoping to avoid having to winterize the RV. With it close by we can run the heat pump and circulate warm water through the pipes as needed. That's the theory anyway....
Hope we don't mess the thing up. (newbies here: 2women and 2dogs)
We like the gas mileage and the smaller size so that we can get in more CGs and make turns in tighter spaces. Right now just working on learning the systems. Today my wife got tangled up with the dog, fell, and broke her shoulder at the rotator. Stuck at home for now :( In a week my son is coming up with his family. I am going solo and meeting them at diamond lake and crater lake. He can help me out as needed. Outta be fun wish me luck I need it LOL
gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnowensmom View Post
We have the Navion 25J and have had it for a year. Basically we love it. Wish that it had come set up for solar. 4wheel drive would be nice as well. A little tight for storage but we have adjusted. Any inconvenience is outweighed by the ease of driving, comfortable living and no anxiety when pulling into smaller places.
The build is great and except for some smaller issues have no complaints. Let's hope that continues.
We both feel this was the right choice for us at this time. Lynn
We love the 24J layout and feel. My one concern is the corner bed and how the inside person gets out in the middle of the night for a trip to bathroom without disturbing their mate? How do you all deal with that?
Old 11-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

We traveled in a 2010 View K (24') for almost 8 years. We loved it. It went everywhere and then some.

We needed more room when going FT so we are now in a 40' DP.

We intend to go back to a smaller RV if & when we quit full timing. Absolutely will consider a View/Navion if they are still around at the time. We REALLY miss the MPG :-)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

2014 Navion IQ 24V, best choice for us and yes we would buy another.
Great fuel mileage, plenty of storage, great lay out.

Changes I would like to see:
Sound proofing at the rear wheel well.
A single sink option in the galley.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Had a 2013 Itasca Navion IQ 24G. Drove from Seattle to Carrabelle, Florida towing a Ford Fusion Hybrid this last February. We returned in May. After 18,000 miles we traded for a 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 27N. While we loved the Itasca we struggled with finding Diesel meeting Mercedes Sprinter specs and always seemed to be looking for fuel due to having only 20 gallons of usable fuel and 250 mile range. Also the split rear mattress soon becomes a pain setting up and was not comfortable. Lack of outside storage also made us decide to trade. Wheel Sensor issues and the cost of service if you can find a Sprinter Dealer made up our mind on a gas coach. Even though our 27N is only 3 feet longer it has solved all of the issues above.
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

We've owned our 2016 Navion 24J for a little more than a year and love it. As others have said the 24J is a more open floor plan. The corner bed is not for everyone but it works for us. Our first motorhome was a 31' class C, our second a 34' class A (gas), which we traded for the Navion. It's easier to drive, gets great mileage (we average 14-15 mpg). My wife feels much safer in a class C, and I'm so glad to get away from any motorhome with the Ford V10 engine.

We enjoy going to some of the smaller forest service campgrounds here in Oregon that we used to visit.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
Had a 2013 Itasca Navion IQ 24G. Drove from Seattle to Carrabelle, Florida towing a Ford Fusion Hybrid this last February. We returned in May. After 18,000 miles we traded for a 2016 Winnebago Vista LX 27N. While we loved the Itasca we struggled with finding Diesel meeting Mercedes Sprinter specs and always seemed to be looking for fuel due to having only 20 gallons of usable fuel and 250 mile range. Also the split rear mattress soon becomes a pain setting up and was not comfortable. Lack of outside storage also made us decide to trade. Wheel Sensor issues and the cost of service if you can find a Sprinter Dealer made up our mind on a gas coach. Even though our 27N is only 3 feet longer it has solved all of the issues above.
We don't tow, our mileage is somewhat better than yours was. I use 15 mpg as my estimated mileage. I don't even start looking for fuel until we've reached 300 miles on a tank, even then I still have 75 left at 15 mpg, 25 gallon tank on the Sprinter.

I do agree that finding dyno diesel is an issue, but we adjust fueling when we find B5 or less at every opportunity.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

My mom loved her View. She had it for about three years and drove it from coast to coast twice. Her comments range from great mileage to ease of getting around town. She was 70 and traveling alone. She never had an issue
Brad W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

I like my 2015 View G. I have had some issues like AC and fighting to get repaired was not fun, I live in Seattle and my AC would not fail when cool but would not work when hot. If I were in any othe part of the country, not an issue. At this point my View is fixed. I put on it HWH levelers, and a Winegaurd Travler. It is so easy to set up, I don't need a towed. I can park it.
That said, I did look at the Ford based class C. I never looked st them before. I found the cab to be way too small. My friends bought last year a 30 foot 2015 Sun Nova. They have a huge coach inside. They parked and I watched the set up. At the time I had screw jacks and a Winegaurd X2 on a tripod. My setup was long and I got wet.
My friends have had issues with their coach, this is common. They also backed into a tree last week because the camera did not work. Big is not always better. I will not go big. I am happy with my View. I am also happy with Roy Robinson my Seattle area dealer. Ken Hopp is great.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

We have about 9,000 miles on our 2017 24J Profile that we took possession of in August, and yes we'd buy again.

We spent two days at a dealer that had about 10 of them, hanging out in all of the floor plans. The open feeling of the 24J was the winner for us. We ordered that floor plan with the profile roof to give us the extra skylight and aerodynamic roofline.

For "worst complaint"? Probably the expensive optional navigation with that tiny screen.

It would be hard to pick a favorite thing about this MH, there are many aspects of it we enjoy. The factory solar, floor plan, fuel economy and size immediately come to mind.