Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

View 24V-Leaning Table of Pizza

2014 24v View-Anybody finding their salon table a bit wobbly? I have ordered and replaced one of the plastic caps on the table leg but the other is stuck in the floor receptacle. However, the table wobbles a bit too much for my liking. Ideas on how to get the stuck plastic cap out of the floor fitting? Looks like both caps are supposed to stay on the top and bottom of the table leg.

thoughts? Hints? Help? Appreciate it greatly!
Pooolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Can you try something like needlenose pliers to gently pull the plastic cap out of the fitting? Are all the screws tight on the table? (I don't have this type of table so I'm grasping at straws. )
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Check the screws on the floor mount and the table mount. Mine came with too short of screws on the floor mount.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

screws are tight, floor fitting is solid, Am trying now to pull the old plastic fitting out of the table top and then put the replacements on the top and bottom of the table leg where the specs indicate they belong. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

If anybody else's View or Navion table is wobbly, here is what happened to us...the plastic end caps are supposed to stay on the table leg not in the floor and table fittings. When I bought the RV the fittings were stuck in the floor and table. You have to buy two new caps either from Surfit which made the table or Winnebago...I think they were about $2 each. Then you have to get the old ones OUT of the floor and table. Do NOT do this with pliers or screwdrivers and force. This damages the aluminum fittings. (I know whereof I speak...unfortunately!) Remove the fittings from floor/table and knock the plastic caps out. Surfit says what they do is use 2 part epoxy to hold the plastic fittings on each end of the table leg. I have a question in to Surfit to see how they get the epoxy to stick to a slick table leg which is rotated in and out daily!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Here is the final piece to the table leg mystery...Surfit corp rep says do not rough up the table leg before you apply two part epoxy to the two end caps as this will result in the table leg rusting.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

And one more on this subject, so finally finally in conclusion--HOW you set up the table greatly affects its stability. First, put the table post in the floor, push it down firmly and give it a TWIST. THEN put the table top and do the same thing. Remove the top first with a twist, then a pull. Then give the table post a twist and a pull. Sounds like a dance but it is important. Now our pizza stays on the table...not the floor.