Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Jeannine111, Glad you checked out the Viva-Trend group. Be patient, with a little practice you'll get a "feel" for the yahoo format. I swing back and forth
frequently from this site to the other to keep up.
You mentioned leveling your rig. Again much discussed on the "other" site. I learned that leveling blocks, ramps, and other neat stuff are available on
amazon.com. In their automotive/ recreational vehicle section. By the way another place to shop for RV goodies , water hose, filters, etc, is WalMart.
Both on line and in their stores. A lot of stuff such as RV toilet tissue, riddex and other products for the toilet tank, various adapters for hoses, surge protecters,etc.
With regard to the salesmans comment at camping world. Why not post that as a question to the Viva-Trend group? I've no idea where that comes from. Like any other high end/ high tech product, the Viva-Trend line has had initial issues coming on line. The Ram/Promaster chassis has had several recalls to adress minor problems, some folks have experienced problems with the loft bed in the coach, but dealing with winnebago has worked most of these out. The leader of the Viva-Trend group has had his bed mechanism replaced with a 2016 unit by the factory. All this is documented in the posts on the site. That said the vast majority of us have had faithfull service with our rig's. Including me with a 23L unit. I think the Trend is a great product and think you'll feel the same after you become familier with it.
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #42
Winnebago Watcher

Great response, and thank you. I'm going to Yahoo to see what the opinions are of Camping World (at least the one in my location) giving up on the Trend
Jeannine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #43
Winnebago Watcher

Changed from a Minnie Winnie to a Trend. Just how do I check the oil in the generator on the Trend?

And I think I'm gonna hear the words "crawl under."
dotrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #44
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by komac View Post
Hello Mr. Mike. The generator on my 2014 Trend is underneath the coach, in the middle of the chassis, just behind the rear wheels. You have to get to the access panel from underneath the coach. I put my rear wheels on leveling blocks and crawl under the coach. There is plenty of room. There is a screw at the bottom of the access panel. Just use a standard screwdriver and loosen the screw. The access panel comes off, and the oil dipstick is inside on the left side. At first, I didn't like where the generator was, but I'm OK with it now. It is even easy to change oil, but you have to raise the rear wheels a bit for easy access. Hope this helps. Komac

Thanks for the info! I just posted a question re: where the generator was located. When I did a search for the topic, nothing came up. I'm new to the site and still trying to figure it out.

Tags
winnebago