Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Standard garden hose fitting.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:39 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Mr Mike,
Just look for a hose that is labeled safe for drinking water. They are usually white, but some are blue.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #23
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Walmart has them. I look for the ones mark like ChasA said. My dealership has a good RV store.
Everyone that has the heater for the gray water and the black water tanks check to see that they are properly attached. I was looking for the coach battery on my creeper and saw something folded and laying on top of the pipe leading from the gray water tank. It was the heater for the tank. It was not attached to the tank. This was and option on the 2014 models.
Has anyone lowered the coach battery? I was going to check the connections. My battery was low. I was going to make sure that there was not any corrosion on the terminals. Looks like there is plenty of room to add a second battery. That is going to make it very heavy lifting the tray back in place. May make it easier if you jack the coach up.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

mr mike, We carry two 25' hoses (White ones from Walmart). The one 25' reaches most of the time but the extra one comes in handy sometimes. Also pickup put one of the 90 deg hose adapters, that gets the hose pointed down instead of straight out, and a water pressure regulator.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

thanks every one for the quick helpfull answers! :-)
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
On the service chassis intervals I got in touch with Chrysler customer service. They had a had time answering the question. But finally found it in the owners manual. I guess I missed it. They said 10,000 miles but never over a year. So I decided I will use the same as all of my previous gas coaches of 5000 mile and annually.
I don't believe that my 2014 Trend has a tire monitoring system. If it does I can not find it.
I had the dealer look into my generator excessive noise. They found that the exhaust was touching the frame. They were able to move it enough to get clearance. This improved the noise substantially.
JBP, If I remember correctly, the Roadmaster chasis is rated under 10,000 lbs GVWR. If so, the vehicle is required to have tire pressure sensors in each wheel/valve stem assembly just like all newer passenger vehicles. There will be an indicator light on instrument cluster when pressure is "low".
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Sorry JBP, I meant Promaster chassis, not Roadmaster chassis. I must have been thinking of old Buicks. The Tire monitor system was briefly mentioned in the Fit RV review of the Travato 59G. The review included info from Winnebago's product manager that explained the existence of the tire pressure monitor system.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

I had the recalls done on my Trend yesterday at Rocky Top Chrysler, Jeep Dodge, and Ram in Kodak, TN, my first experience with this dealership and a very good experience! I was impressed with all the service technicians, not only with their obvious expertise, but with their courtesy and responsiveness. I will go back to this dealership, even though it is close to 30 miles from my home. The phone number, if interested, is 865-932-4144. While there, I asked the service manager about the TPMS. She said it is not seen on the Driver's Information Center, but it will appear as an icon on the lower left of the instrument cluster if one or more tires become low on pressure. Rocky Top actually performed 6 updates: 1. P32, Electical Circuit Corrosion; 2. P62, Reprogram Tire Pressure Monitor Control; 3. VECI Label recall; 4. Performed RRT#15-070; 5. Performed RRT#15-071; and 6. Performed several flash updates. I don't know what some of these mean. I'm simply copying from the receipt I was given. There was no charge, and everything seems fine. I hope this is helpful. By the way, they also had a special, four oil changes with filter for $79.95. They said my Trend is eligible for this special, but I should not buy it until I come for the first oil change service. This seems like a great buy to me, an oil change with filter for $20.00. How can you go wrong? I planned to do these myself, but I can't do one for $20.00. komac
komac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

With regard to the 2014 winnebago trend, can someone show / tell me where the access point is for the oil dip stick on the generator? The Winnebago supplement maintenance manual shows the unit and explains its maintenance but neither it or the Winnebago operators manual show the physical location on the trend itself for access to the dip stick, oil filter, or oil drain, etc. At least I wasn't able to locate it. Thanks for any help
Old 07-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Hello Mr. Mike. The generator on my 2014 Trend is underneath the coach, in the middle of the chassis, just behind the rear wheels. You have to get to the access panel from underneath the coach. I put my rear wheels on leveling blocks and crawl under the coach. There is plenty of room. There is a screw at the bottom of the access panel. Just use a standard screwdriver and loosen the screw. The access panel comes off, and the oil dipstick is inside on the left side. At first, I didn't like where the generator was, but I'm OK with it now. It is even easy to change oil, but you have to raise the rear wheels a bit for easy access. Hope this helps. Komac
komac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

KOMAC, once again I'm in your debt. Got the info and it checks good.
Many thanks!
Old 07-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

KOMAC and JBP , I'm not sure how many Trend owners are here on the Winnebago section of this site. My gut feeling is perhaps three of four at most.
It seems I am always reading posts from folks with TOURS , or VIEWS, NAVIONS or what ever. Thus I'm always "sniffing" around to see where I might find sites more involved with the TREND or its counterpart the VIVA.
The other day I came across a Winnebago Trend group with 125 members at
groups.yahoo.com. Its full title is
winnebago trend-Itasca viva RV forum. The group was started 6 july 2014
They've posted a lot of stuff since beginning. You can research/ look them up at groups.yahoo.com, go to winnebago trend-Itasca viva rv forum.
to inquire / join the group its : viva-trend-subscribe@yahoo groups.com
to post message : viva-trend@yahoo groups.com
I invite you to check these guys out. Another group of trend owners with experience's and views to share!
Old 07-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Again JBP and KOMAC, really gettin' fired up to get on the road! Pulled this photo down from the yahoo site I posted above. This fella has just returned from an extensive trip out of the lower 48 up to Alaska in his 2014 Itasca Viva, same unit as the Trend by winebago. Putg some 10,000 miles on it without a hitch!
Balls 'o fire! I'm ready to roll!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	100499  
Old 07-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Boy oh boy! If it ain't one thing its another! Spent most of saturday reading up on RV's and in particular the Winnebago Trend. I'm embarrased to admit this. I've only had the rig a bit over three months. I've just learned today however
I don't have a spare tire. Nothing, zip, nada! apparently, Winnebago sells the Trend with no spare to save weight. Your provided with some type of inflater/repair kit as in the photo to repair your tire to a point you can drive at low speeds to a repair facility, where your expected to have a complete repair or purchase another tire. Mine is a 2014 model.
I'm guessing this is the "new age" of tire dependability. To late today to call the factory, but if anyone reads this and has any knowledger of the trend or this type of situation could use some answers. My rig didn't come with that inflater kit as in the photo, at least I haven't found it. Is this a dealer item or can it be found in the open market? The operators manual doesn't call out a location for a jack for lifting the vehicle so with no tire most likely theres no jack and I'll be dealing with triple "A" or Good Sam, or who ever to change a tire or repair it if it goes flat. This assuming it doesn't totally come apart. I'm embarrased I let this get past me, but I'm a bit annoyed that Winnebago prints maunuals that don't high light issues like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	100501  
Old 08-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

New Trend Owner

Just bought my 1st rv and chose the Trend 23L. I'm excited, but worried because I don't know much about rvs. I'll have lots of silly questions coming up. This board doesn't look very active, but I'm hoping someone stops by here to help me out. I'm picking up the Trend in a few days. The dealer's orientation should answer most of my questions. For now, just two:

Should I mount a spare tire somehow? I'm afraid to drive without a spare. Can't believe this unit doesn't have a spare.

It comes with a heated drainage system. Does this mean that I can operate the unit in below freezing temps without having to do anything more? This sounds too good to be true. If a heated drainage system still doesn't allow for full operation in freezing temps, then what is the benefit of it?

Dumb questions, I know. I need help
Jeannine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 AM   #36
JBP
Winnie-Wise

See the first part of this it will answer you temperature questions. I covered 6000 plus without a spare tire remember most class A don't have spare. The tires on class A are too heavy for many of us to handle any way. You get use to traveling without a spare. Good Sam's has an excellent road side assistance program. I used it.
Also there are no dumb questions. Welcome to the group. Do a search for Trend and you will get all of the related comments.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:05 AM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Jeannine 111 , welcome to the RV world and the Trend. While there are a few trend owners on this site ( I'm one of them) allow me to earnestly recommend you sign up for the Trend-Viva owners group over at Yahoo Groups.com.
Currtently therte are nearly 175 Trend and Viva owners in this group which began in June 2014 when the Trend first came on the market. The Viva is the Trend counterrpart from Winnebago. Same as the Trend just different model name. This group has members from across the country and has answerers to all your questions, as well as lots of info on modifications, up grade's, dealing with the factory on various issues and so forth. They are even in the midst of planning a group rally next year. While the iRV2.com group is an amazing group as a Trend owner you need to be part of the Trend - Viva group whose sole focus is the Trend and getting the most from it. To get membership in the group go to

[email protected]

to post a message to the group its:

[email protected]

With regard to your question on the spare tire, this issue has been addressed at length in the Trend group. Come on over and read the past posts to get your answer. Hope to see you there.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:11 AM   #38
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I agree with Mr Mike the bigger the group the better the information. But don't forget us here and re-post what you find out and ask questions here also.
Enjoy your Trend Pat and I did ours.
I when to a Cambria just wanted a little more room. Will miss the gas mileage. I also wanted to tow my MKX.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #39
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you so much! Hubby and I pick up our Trend tomorrow. I know I'll be visiting this site daily with questions, but I did check out the Yahoo group. Much more info over there. I don't care for the formatting on Yahoo. Maybe it's me....seems more confusing than this group. I've got alot of reading ahead of me on Yahoo.

Question: I don't think the Trend has levelers. Did they not include levelers for some reason? I'm thinking that we definitely need them. We'll get leveling blocks. Are these blocks equal to whatever "leveling system" other rvs have installed in the factory? Thanks
Old 09-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #40
Winnebago Watcher

Btw, we purchased from Camping World and Good Sam's one year membership came with the sale. I guess it is just weird to me to not have a spare tire.

Interesting bit: our salesman told us that the Camping World where we purchased will not be ordering any 2016 or future Trends because they didn't sell very well. Our 2015 Trend was the only one on the lot. Any guess why this is so?

Tags
winnebago