Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Trend

We are still searching for that rv the fits us, no more than 25ft when we came across a Winni Trend, 6cyl, front wheel drive and my first thought was how can this motor pull this rig. So my question is doses anyone own the Trend and would like to share the performance side of it. The Trend would be the perfect size for us and the price fits our budget
BROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had a friend who had on. It was pretty under powered, but he didn't do a lot of long haul traveling, and stayed pretty much to flat land, so it worked for him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We had a Winny LeSharo way back when (85 I think?) that had a 4 cyl turbo diesel !

with a manual transmission my ignorant self towed a cj5 jeep behind it

as a rookie had no idea about weights, towing ability, etc... but it got us to the grand canyon and back among other places.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We just sold our Trend 23L 2014. Put 6000 miles on it and it was the only motor home that the wife volunteered to drive. It had the corner bed and the drop down studio bed. We loved it. We wintered in Southern Texas in it last year with two dogs, small ones. Did fine. Got 12 to 14 MPG in it at 65mph. It has lots of power. The few times that I had to pass someone there was not problem at all.
There is a video of a road test in the Rocky Mountains comparing the gas and the diesel versions. Very good video. I think it was on GoWinnebago. I think that the 23B maybe a little better for long term living. But look at both models and see what you think. Any addition question please ask.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

You may want to take a look at the Winnebago Fuse. I have had my Fuse 23a for about a month and am pretty happy. 15mpg, rides nice, Wife says it drives better than my F250. You can see what I have been doing with it at The conFUSEd RVer

Don
Winnebago Fuse 23a
Tallahassee, Fl
dp226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
We just sold our Trend 23L 2014. Put 6000 miles on it and it was the only motor home that the wife volunteered to drive. It had the corner bed and the drop down studio bed. We loved it. We wintered in Southern Texas in it last year with two dogs, small ones. Did fine. Got 12 to 14 MPG in it at 65mph. It has lots of power. The few times that I had to pass someone there was not problem at all.
There is a video of a road test in the Rocky Mountains comparing the gas and the diesel versions. Very good video. I think it was on GoWinnebago. I think that the 23B maybe a little better for long term living. But look at both models and see what you think. Any addition question please ask.
Just curious that if you lined the trens so much why was it sold after so little miles
Old 03-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Just curious that if you liked the Trend so much why sell it after so little miles?
Old 03-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Be aware, both the Trend and Fuse have a 2000 lb tow limit. That would greatly limit your toad selection if you need one.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:23 AM   #9
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Wanted a push out and to be able to tow my Lincoln MKX. Remember you should go spend some time it. Both you and your wife. Pretend cooking a meal inside changing clothes and getting in bed. Don't buy without driving it. The drive has to be on city country and interstate. Also power on any class C or class A feels under powered based on an car.
Good luck.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:36 AM   #10
JBP
Winnie-Wise

My wife reminded me that using the Trend as a RV home and transportation at the destination ment that the dogs always had to go with us. This means more hours on the gen-set than would normally be on it. Like all RV look at how you are going to use it.
Hope this helped.