Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to gain access to the mounting hardware for the side view cameras on an '08 Sightseer. It appears that I'll need to remove some interior panels. The parts list diagram wasn't of much use.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to gain access to the mounting hardware for the side view cameras on an '08 Sightseer. It appears that I'll need to remove some interior panels. The parts list diagram wasn't of much use.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

My right one went fuzzy (08 Sightseer 35J) and all the tech did was pop the cowling (the plastic cover over the camera) off and unscrew the camera and its bracket. He replaced the camera and the cowling and then put a bead of caulk around the cowling. All from the outside. Took maybe 10 minutes. I don't remember him cutting the old caulk before he removed the cowling, but maybe he did.

Bottom line: its all from the outside. Steve
Old 07-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Belgique, thanks for the reply. That certainly sounds encouraging. However I'm still a bit hesitant to start prying until I understand a bit more of the technique required. I dropped an e-mail to Tim at rvcams.com to see if he could shed some light on the proper process.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Well, all I can tell you is that I saw the tech do it in seconds from the outside by pulling the cowling off. Further, the camera guys are not the source...it really comes down to how Winnie installs it. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

In the event that others have a need to remove the cowling from the Voyager side view cameras, here's a diagram that may be of use.
Voyager Side Camera installation
I found Tim at RVcams.com to be very helpful and knowledgeable when asked for advice.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Al, you are a wise man. You did not listen to me...just like my wife.

Note to myself, don't comment unless I have actually done it ...I did not see the tech take that little cover off...he was so quick I would have sworn he popped the whole shroud off. Steve
Old 07-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Steve,

My instinct is to not belabor this thread but your emoticons were just too sincere for me to let pass. I appreciate all information that others care enough to take the time to respond to. Your initial response at least let me know that the cowling was indeed removeable from the exterior of the coach, which I was unaware of at that time. For that information, I thank you.

Apology accepted but I didn't feel it was necessary.

Happy Trails
Al