Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I ordered a View in Jan. and it has been delivered with the new Winnie made cabinetry. The previous vendor has gone out of business.

Too bad, as the the old cabinets and fixtures were superb. Stylish, classy and well made. The new are also well made but shortcuts were taken and the look of the coach is not as stylish and classy as before. And the hardware handles of the doors are very musch less than the previous hardware.

I have accepted the coach but I am still disappointed in the new look. I thought that you would like to know.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I ordered a View in Jan. and it has been delivered with the new Winnie made cabinetry. The previous vendor has gone out of business.

Too bad, as the the old cabinets and fixtures were superb. Stylish, classy and well made. The new are also well made but shortcuts were taken and the look of the coach is not as stylish and classy as before. And the hardware handles of the doors are very musch less than the previous hardware.

I have accepted the coach but I am still disappointed in the new look. I thought that you would like to know.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Hey there Tom....Welcome to the forum!!

If the VB in your name means "Virginia Beach" we're not far from one another....

You've found a great source for sharing information with one another and hopefully making some great online relationships....

Having had other units before,I too recently took delivery of a new unit...
Jump in and join the fun and let us know if we can help.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Tom,

Welcome aboard iRV2

I walked around one of the new Views recently at our local RV show but didn't really take a look inside. I'm sure folks here will appreciate your feedback both positive and negative on the unit.

Hope to see you posting often here in the Winnie section as well as other locations on the forums.

Joe
Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I thought Winnebago had their own cabinet shop along with their Stitchcraft furniture operation???
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the site!!. Tons of good information here so be prepared.

Coincidentally, we are flying to Forest City Iowa to pick up our new Horizon in a couple of days, but my father also bought a Navion from Lichtsinn Motors as well. He lucked out and got the original cabinetry. There is tons of comments and pictures on the Yahoo board about this, but most recommend calling Winnie and complaining to them that you aren't satisfied with the new woodwork. I've seen the pictures and I have to agree with everyone in that it is a let down especially from a quality manufacturer like Winnie. One of the appeals to me when I recommended the View/Navion to my father was the cabinetry and its European "feel". The new ones, for lack of a better word, look like "standard" RV cabinets, not special. They will do the job, but takes away that edge I think the View/Navion had over other sprinter based MH's. It isn't your dealers fault. Most were unaware of the change until it hit them square in the face. Anyhow, I would write/call and let them know you are disappointed. Hopefully, they will replace the cabinets in the future back to the original European design. We'll see. If you need any help, feel free to PM me or any others on this board. Everybody here is very friendly so don't be shy!!..

Safe Travels to you..

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is tons of comments and pictures on the Yahoo board about this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which 'Yahoo board' are you referring to above?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Yahoo Winnebago Owners Forum

Requires joining Yahoo....it's another source of information but sometimes hard to follow....

Besides....we love having ya here!!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

That's the group I knew of, but I haven' seen any discussion on cabinets there...

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Actually it is.

View/Navion Users Group

You need to join it then read the posts. Here are the pictures:

New Cabinet vs Old Cabinet Pictures

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 02-21-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cbeierl:
That's the group I knew of, but I haven' seen any discussion on cabinets there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Chris,the link I provided is different than the one Tracey gives you....
Tracey's link is to the "Skinny Minnie" site....too funny!!

Sorry!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:33 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

For some reason the View/Navion group does not want non-members to see any of their photos. Is this a snobbish owners group???
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Tom,I'm not sure what you're referring to....

Are you referring to the requirement to "register" with the forum?

The Yahoo foruns that I've participated in,(diesel owners and the one run by the guy with the Ultimate) both require "registering" to participate.....it's a Yahoo thing.

Not thinking anything "snobbish" was intended....

Please clarify your concerns?

ON EDIT....Just "registered" over there and viewed the pictures....
Old 02-22-2006, 04:28 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Tom,

As Bob said, all Yahoo groups need to have a registration to them. In fact some of them, like the Winnie Owners Group, verify you before your can view their posts. Verify would be (do you have a brain, if yes, welcome aboard). The Navion/View group only requires a registration with immediate access. I thought my photo posting would go through, but maybe I have a cookie so the link works for me and doesn't work for someone who doesn't have that cookie. I'll post those pictures later on this thread.

Take Care..

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 02-22-2006, 05:27 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I have been a View/Navion Yahoo group member for months. I will say this, we are not restrictive, the registration is a yahoo thing.

As Big Trace mentioned, the cabinetry photos can be seen here: photos
and I must fess up, most of them are photos I took last sunday in Norfolk.

We spent 2 hours last sunday bonding with the coach on the dealers lot (we take delivery friday). After awhile we adjusted to the new look, but it still is, and never will be the same feel.

I started the discussion on both the View forum and this one as one more way to get the word to Winnie that this was a POOR solution.

PS to Bob G in Davis Corner/VB - give me a ring during business hours...
Old 02-22-2006, 05:37 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

I joined, viewed the photos and then unsubbed.

The default for Yahoo Groups is open everything.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote