Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to me

Just started my 1st adventure in my new to me 2011 Itasca Impulse 26Q. Please help me solve the cable signal problem I’m having. I’ve connected the coaxial cable from the RV to the campground cable output. When I search for a signal I get nothing... what could be blocking the signal. Help??!!
RoadsaParks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:57 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

you may need a cable box from the local provider - check at the campground office they should be able to help you
Old 01-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Make sure your rooftop antenna is turned off.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply NY & TJ..antennae isn’t on and no cable box required. Could satellite on roof have something to do with it? BTW satellite isn’t “on” either.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

On the TV have you selected the correct source for the signal. Is there a switch anywhere in the RV to select which coax to use to use?
Old 01-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Possible mislabel of connections?

On 2 of the last 3 RV's I have owned, the factory mis- labeled the exterior cable and satellite connections. They simply put the wrong sticker on the cable and Satellite connections.

One would have though I learned after my first experience in an earlier RV to check that. But I forgot about it on the newer RV when the TV cable connection would not work. I was just about to start ripping the walls, ceilings and to destroy the entire new rig looking for what I suspected was a connection that they missed in the wiring and build of a 38 feet of motorhome.

So eventually my memory came back to me and I decided to check and swapped the connection from the campground pedestal from cable to satellite and well--- you guessed it-- it worked fine. The guy putting the sticker on labeling the connections in the factory put the sticker on backwards for the connection. Problem solved for me!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

First thanks so much for all of you kind folks who tried to help me.. I’m so appreciative! Guess what? Where the cablewire originates from the cabinet above the tv is not connected to anything. The gray coaxial cable I’m seeing behind the tv is the satellite cable. Previous owner must’ve enjoyed DTV exclusively. Thank goodness I had the foresight to bring the Firestick!! That’s good for now...do I see a splitter in my future??