Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New MW 22M Owner

We are new Minnie Winnie 22M owners and just joined the group. We've been RV's for around 15 yrs in a pop-up, a 5'er and for last 7 years a 32' Gulfstream class C. We are also boaters and have a 19' bay boat that we tow on majority of our camping trips. So, we don't use a toad and depend on MH to get around in. With the kids grown and out on their own, we thought downsizing to something in the 24' range would make maneuvering around easier. The little I've driven the 22M since delivery on Saturday, it is much more nimble!
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #2
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your new motor home.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blifsey View Post
We are new Minnie Winnie 22M owners and just joined the group. We've been RV's for around 15 yrs in a pop-up, a 5'er and for last 7 years a 32' Gulfstream class C. We are also boaters and have a 19' bay boat that we tow on majority of our camping trips. So, we don't use a toad and depend on MH to get around in. With the kids grown and out on their own, we thought downsizing to something in the 24' range would make maneuvering around easier. The little I've driven the 22M since delivery on Saturday, it is much more nimble!
We are planning on purchasing a new MW 22M. Can you tell me what mileage you have been getting? Do you have any recommendations for options? Are there any things you especially like or dislike about it? Have you had any issues with it?

Thank You,
Patrick & Carol
PatrickA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I’ve not checked mileage but it seems to be slightly better than our previous 32ft class C which was around 7 to 9 mpg depending on speed, headwind, etc.

We bought unit from dealer inventory and it has the convenience package which includes most every option needed. We don’t have the cameras on mirrors which might be nice. If I had choice, I would delete oven but add convection microwave for more storage space.

So far, we love it. Kids are grown so just wife and I now. So, size isn’t issues. I’ve read some folks say they would not want the bed slide but we don’t find it an issue.

Ive posted more info from trips and mods on the Minnie Winnie Owners Facebook group.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Drain line question for you

We also just purchased a 22m, while winterizing I opened drains under the dinet cushion, 3 of them, I for got if I returned them to the normal operating position, can you put a picture of how they should be thank you.
kcscriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcscriv View Post
We also just purchased a 22m, while winterizing I opened drains under the dinet cushion, 3 of them, I for got if I returned them to the normal operating position, can you put a picture of how they should be thank you.
I did same thing so once I figured out positions, I drew diagram on underside of the small cover that goes over them. Hopefully, I've posted link to a picture of it and, even more hopefully, my diagram makes sense.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...c4dXZxVjY5c0h3
Old 02-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blifsey View Post
Congrats on your new (fantastic) 22M!!

For a small RV, I assume you are aware of it's great water tank capacities and generous propane tank capacity? It sounds like it's well optioned, too.

The 22M is a great little Class C to get around in ...and with all the comforts of home when you get there. Is your's on the Ford E350 or Ford E450 chassis? As you know, you can get that chassis serviced, repaired, and refueld just about anywhere.

Enjoy!

(Kindof in the same category as what you have - we have a Winnebago Itasca 24V Class C on a Ford E450 chassis, and it has been an incredible RV for us.)
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much it was perfect, I'm doing the same, love our new Minnie, any trouble with yours?
Old 03-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hi All! We've had our 22M since October. Unfortunately I'm the one you may have read about on this forum that has had a problem with finding a LOT of rust under my new 2018. But other than THAT, we really love our rig. One thing we did to make it a bit more comfortable for the two of was to remove the dining table (since we will never use it for a bed) and replaced it with a 24" diameter round table top that we bought at Lowes and stained it. It's much easier now getting around to the sofa area to watch TV and relax. You also will find that the slide out bed has a 1 1/4" drop that can be uncomfortable when sleeping since the cushions provided are both the same thickness. What I did there was to purchase a 30" wide luan plywood slab also from Lowes, and cut it just short of the length of the bed. I glued in an end to the cut edge. It's the perfect depth and the cushions now are level. Its light and you can easily slide it under the mattress when you close the slide. JUST DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS. OH, you definitely want to replace the annoying kitchen faucet. I bought a replacement on line and now I have a retractable spritzer and it doesn't splash EVERYWHERE when you rinse your dinnerware. We purchased a used Jeep Liberty and now pull it with a Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar. After much research I felt this was the least expensive way to go as it includes the vehicle brake system as well. Be sure to change the oil early and use a fully synthetic oil when you replace it. Can't think of much else to say here. It looks like I'll be doing some work on my rust problem since Winnebago and CW pretty much told me I was on my own. Otherwise like I said earlier we are enjoying it.
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We also bought a 22M last fall and really haven't had a chance to go on a trip on it yet. We also stated out with a Coleman Pop-Up then a 15' Riverside Retro trailer, then a 19' Riverside Retro. We bought two E-Bikes to travel around with. We are leaving on March 24th for a three week trip to the Keys. It has been so cold and snowy here haven't been able to do much to the motor home.
millards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Mine is the 350 ford, seems to ride nice, has tons of power, is it your truck underbody rusted or the house area?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Tony, we have slept in ours 5 nites and did not notice a uneven bed, is it lower at the foot or head? How have the rest of you deal with the two piece bed? Does the short queen fitted sheets hold the two together? Our mattress is not beveled like some I've seen it just but up together, thanks for the help.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

The rust is pretty much everywhere. The worst areas are the Winnebago added panels that were welded on. Take a look at my original post where I've attached a few pics. http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ng-353337.html
The nuts and exposed bolts are already disintegrating and whatever panels they added that may have been painted at the time all have rust bubbling through the paint. Such as the area under the battery compartment and the bracket holding the cables for the tank drains. I should have crawled in the mud the day I did my PDI and looked under the coach, but who would have expected that? Now, as far as the bed. The ridge is the whole width of the slide out. It's where the plywood under the mattress slide, slides out from under the stationary piece of plywood. There is over an inch ridge where the two edges meet. (at least on mine) and its in the middle of our backs with the bed out. I'd take a pic but we're loaded for this weeks trip. If you don't have that, I WILL send a pic of mine this week because I'd love to see yours.
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:48 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Sounds good thanks, I would fight them on the rust issue.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #15
Site Team

I too am a new Minnie Winnie 22M owner. Our 2019 model was manufactured in early January 2019 and driven west-bound on Interstate 90 for delivery in Washington State. I have taken great care to clean everything in the undercarriage, even pulling the six wheels and cleaning there too. There was a good amount of grit and dirt, and who knows what kinds of road salt. Indeed, it has been a cold and snowy winter. I have not noticed excessive rust, but yes there is some rust. So far, it is nothing about which I feel needs action at this time.
The foot-portion of our slide-out mattress is 5" thick, and the head-portion is 6" thick, so my bed is level. My wife also purchased a pillow-topper for a short queen, and it is very comfortable and keeps the two mattress halves together. It appears the two different mattress thicknesses is was a running change, or at least a change from the 2018 model to the 2019 model.
Our kitchen sink faucet is the pull-out sprayer type, and is easy to not splash with it. Again, this seems to be a running change.
We too plan to pull a 19' boat, a Seaswirl Cuddy Cabin, and with the outboard motor is about 3,000 pounds. I ordered the E450 chassis to have the payload buffer capacity, especially considering my plans to tow. The only differences between an E-350 and a E-450 are about 250 pounds of additional frame thickness and springs, stiffer shocks, a wider rear track (75.4" to 77.7"), and the ring gear is increased from 10½" to 10¾" diameter. The gear ratio remains the same, at 4.56:1. The 305 hp V-10 is a great engine, and the double-overdrive 6-speed automatic keeps the engine at about 2,100 rpm at 60 mph; just perfect!
I would recommend using conventional motor oil for the first 5,000 miles before switching to synthetic. This gives the engine an opportunity to seat the rings. I just did the first oil change at 1,800 miles, and I was surprised that it took 6¾ quarts, with filter. While the Ford documentation states that the 6.8 Liter V-10 takes just 6 quarts, the local Ford dealership tells me that it ranges from 6 to 7 quarts. They further caution to not overfill the crankcase, so in my case, it is precisely 6¾ quarts with filter.
I did purchase a 4-ton floor jack, and that will pick-up one of the rear wheels. My 3-ton will not do it.
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Welcome and thanks for the updated info, are the 2019 solar ready, or wired for it? Can I ask where you got the short queen topper? Hopefully they improved the in dash radio,very user unfriendly took me forever to even turn it off lol. Good luck, we love ours so far, we are new first rvers, retired. By the way are the new mattresses beveled,ours is not.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #17
Site Team

I have not seen any solar panel accommodations. The mattress topper for a short queen was purchased from Amazon. The radio I have is the Sirius Satellite version, and it seems a little odd to run everything upon it. It does sound great, however.
The mattress have very slight bevels, especially on the handle grip end, but they are not noticeable when sleeping with the topper.
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Hello Tony,

Just purchase a 22M. How do you find the slide out bed mattress in regards to comfort? Also do you think a memory foam topper would work with the slide? Will take delivery next week as I am having the dealer add some suspension mods (sway bars and steering stabilizer)
charlemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Eagle 5, I checked my 2018 22m and it has the 5 and 6 inch mattress as well, our bed sleeps well for us, a topper would work but storing might be tricky, I can't imagine replacing the mattress being two different sizes. I am getting a mattress cover that I believe will add to comfort I believe. I think a great addition would be covers for vents so they can be open in rain. God bless.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

New Question, any of you 22m owners know what all the cut wires under the hood were for before they were cut, there is a whole bundle back toward the fire wall, been taped up? And has any of you had your unit realigned if so was it off very much? Come on spring!!!