Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2019, 05:00 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Ours is E350 chassis. As far as towing, it has performed well for us. As someone else mentioned, we’re not loaded for fulltiming...a week is our longest trip.

Regarding the mattress...we use 2 fitted sheets, one for each mattress half. We used regular queen sheets and basically wrapped them length wise. The head piece fits perfect. The foot piece comes up a little short so we safety pin together on the bottom side. When time to let slide in, we fold covers back over the foot piece, remove pillows, flip head piece onto foot piece and then store pillows on top of head piece. We don’t use foam topper. The mattress is somewhat firm which we like anyway.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:01 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Also, the waste tanks are much larger than other MW floor plans.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 AM   #43
Winnebago owner

I second what "Blifsey" says, mattress is not that tough to bring in we just fold bedding up 1/2 way and put slide portion on top.........as for topper, I bought a Sheepskin fleece that covers the whole bed, its 3" thick and still has the leather so doesn't move, easy to fold , super for a topper, most comfortable thing you've ever slept on. $379 for the right size out of Vancouver. "Sheepskin shoppe.ca"
Old 08-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

We have friends that have a 22M. They have had constant problems with the cables that activate the knife blades on the gray and black tanks (on passenger side)....which then run under the width of the coach to the pull handles at the typical dump termination point (on drivers side). They find there is not enough stiffness or tension in the cables to open and close the valves securely. Constantly leaking after they think it is closed. Now at the point they must lay on the ground right under the tanks, and manually push the valves closed each time to stop any leakage. Dealer has addressed this twice already, with the same poor results. Anyone else have this problem?
GoneToTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

We’ve not had any issues but I was a little worried about cables when we first got the 22M. So far, so good...knock on wood.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

What is the weight limit for the overhead cab on the 22M?
AtleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

I just had my black tank fixed after leaking by the gate valve, tec said there was glue from installation in the slot where the gate seated, he cleaned out grove and replaced seals, works smooth and easy now, I also got under mine and forced closed helped a little but not much. Works great now,, 2018 22m
kcscriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyOIB View Post
Hi All! We've had our 22M since October. Unfortunately I'm the one you may have read about on this forum that has had a problem with finding a LOT of rust under my new 2018. But other than THAT, we really love our rig. One thing we did to make it a bit more comfortable for the two of was to remove the dining table (since we will never use it for a bed) and replaced it with a 24" diameter round table top that we bought at Lowes and stained it. It's much easier now getting around to the sofa area to watch TV and relax. You also will find that the slide out bed has a 1 1/4" drop that can be uncomfortable when sleeping since the cushions provided are both the same thickness. What I did there was to purchase a 30" wide luan plywood slab also from Lowes, and cut it just short of the length of the bed. I glued in an end to the cut edge. It's the perfect depth and the cushions now are level. Its light and you can easily slide it under the mattress when you close the slide. JUST DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS. OH, you definitely want to replace the annoying kitchen faucet. I bought a replacement on line and now I have a retractable spritzer and it doesn't splash EVERYWHERE when you rinse your dinnerware. We purchased a used Jeep Liberty and now pull it with a Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar. After much research I felt this was the least expensive way to go as it includes the vehicle brake system as well. Be sure to change the oil early and use a fully synthetic oil when you replace it. Can't think of much else to say here. It looks like I'll be doing some work on my rust problem since Winnebago and CW pretty much told me I was on my own. Otherwise like I said earlier we are enjoying it.
Regarding your 22M sideout mattress not being level, we recently purchased a 2020 22M and initially found the height of the two cushions to be off by an 1.5" or so, also. Found out that by simply reversing the order of two cushions, the mattress surface became perfectly flat. Don't know if the design changed between 2020 and previous years, but it's something worth trying. In the case of the 2020 22M, the plywood base that the two mattress pieces sit on has two different heights. In order to compensate for this, they make one halve of the mattress thicker than the other. If you you get them on wrong it actually amplifies the height problem rather than fixes it.
tesscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Rust and Drains

Recently on TV Channel providing QUEST a show aired called "Making the Brand" featured the Winnebago factories and gave alot of insight on how they make the motor homes. It showed the painted box frame being fastened to the chassis and then as more things were welded to the box frame they welded, but did not touch up the paint. I have rusty welds as well and will soon coat them with oil base Rustoleum.

My biggest gripe right now is the positioning of the drain and cables to open the black and grey tanks. The panel is about 10" under the lower body and the only way to get to it is to get on your hands and knees and get under. A very poor arrangement and with excessive length cables the valves are hard to open and close, often not closed properly so when you take the cap off to hook up the drain hose about 1 1/2 gallons of dirty water has to be caught in a bucket.
Going to the dealer on the 19th to get their opinion and hopefully a fix.

Can you post a photo of your table ? Would like to see. I don't like the table and seating either and I wanted to put dual recliners in that space which is impossible because the water tank takes up necessary space to mount. Has anybody overcome this short of removing the water tank and replacing it with a 20 gal?

thanks for your tips, my latest project was to order some matching towel hooks so I can hang closes on the bedroom wall.

Best Regards Always, Robert
TATANKA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Water heater not Water Tank

My apologies............its the hot water heater that stops us from putting theatre seating not the water tank.............any ideas out there ? perhaps some kind of seating that would fit over the water heater ??? Maybe not a good idea ??
TATANKA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:32 PM   #51
Winnebago Camper

We have the 22m 2019. The bed in the slide out has a sag on the corners. Not a solid piece of plywood for a base. Thinking of redoing it. Also where behind the dining is the water drain lines (3)? We bought this and not familiar with all the parts. Any help is greatly appreciated. We tried filling water from the city source but it drains out as fast as I soon as it turns on. There has to be drain lines with shut off somewhere.
Rpbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:16 PM   #52
Winnebago Owner

The 3 drain lines are under the floor right in front of the hot water heater. There should be a small access panel that you lift out to see them. I got this from another member on here. It also shows their normal and drain positions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EBC67B16-E897-4CB2-A883-CBAB7646AC6C.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	473.1 KB
ID:	182338  
Old 03-25-2022, 07:21 PM   #53
Winnebago Owner

As far as seating we just removed the front bench section and that opened it up enough for us. Instead of watching our after dinner tv in the front we lay in bed and watch it in back. I added a sound bar to the back rv to help it sound better.

We found we’d rather have a table to sit out for meals and having a work space and a place for playing card games.