Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need installer of Borg Tire stems for Sprinter

Ok I have tried several truck tire service centers in my area Levittown pa 19055.
But they were not able to get them to seal any one in the new Jersey and Pa area have a tire place that installed their Borg sprinter extensions valve stems?
Patjfrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like it should be a pretty routine move, so did they give you an idea of what was not sealing or why? Did they say there was something odd about the Sprinter wheels? Maybe a mismatch from what they normally install?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Theysaid the rims were fine it just would have a slight leak no matter what size gasket in kit they used.it was slight leak.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Sounds like a little bit of lack of inspired thinking. If one kit doesn't work, I might assume we needed a different kit as borg certainly seems to have a large variety. Never got into using them but getting good service does seem to be hard at times.
I'm with you though on not wanting to agree to a "slight leak"!!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:48 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Consider calling Borg to make sure you have the correct stems & o rings needed for your rims. I had a similar problem with a slow leak due to a wrong or miss installed o ring.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Not for a Sprinter but a WH chassis - my installer had an issue getting them installed and resisted calling Borg.

I insisted he call Borg so finally he did. Problem solved in short order. At least in my experience Borg was responsive once involved.

I have had these on for 4 years and about 15,000 miles with no issue.
chiliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Slight leak

You didn't say how much pressure was lost or if you drove on under-inflated tire. Are you running TPMS? If so what was the lowest pressure reading? What is your required pressure?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I never made it out of the shop they would not leave the stems on leaking too unsafe so they put the rubber ones back on all for free
Old 12-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had Discount Tire in Santa Fe install Borg stems in all six tires. I had read up on the install process before hand and was in the shop area while the install was being done. At first the installer got it wrong and had a leaking seal, I point out the error and then all of the rest went just fine. They only charged me $30 for all six tires.

Did have a small issue that with the caps on the front TPMS sensors would not screw on. I called Borg and they send me replacements right away and every thing was fine. Great service. Discount Tire did not even charge me the redo on those stems.

IMO- great product and service...
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I had Discount Tire in Las Cruces do mine. No problems whatsoever. Borg valve stems do not require an advanced degree to install.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, install