Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Navion / View Repair track record

I bought my Navion 24D Feb 2018, and am getting close to the end of the one year warranty period for the "cabin". Just wondering if anyone has any experience on earlier year Navion/Views (2016/17) in terms of what things needed repair; my hope is to get an idea of what things have needed repair and so help me decide on getting or not getting an extended warranty (currently thinking "no"). So far I've had relatively minor things like interior trim, coach remote control door lock, rusting antenna, refrigerator thermostat, and a broken wire to the murphy bed lift/lower switch. Biggest issue was needing a new touch screen for the camera/radio/navigation system.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We have a '17 24V and have had minimal repairs. The toilet and the skylight have been replaced under warranty and that is about it. The big ticket items (heat pump, furnace, water heater, converter, and inverter are all doing fine. Did have to replace the solar controller and a self-resetting circuit breaker in the solar system but that was covered by the Zamp warranty.

Most service contracts are for chassis mechanical issues and the big ticket items. Since service contract writers are out to make money, coverage is less than you hope for and the cost will be higher than your expenditures for the policy. Save the money, put it in an account for repairs, and use that. You will have money in the account at the end of the equivalent service contract time period.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair