Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-31-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Navion View 24V Outlets and Microwave not working

Just purchased a slightly used 2017 Navion 24V. When plugged into shore power everything works fine - all outlets, lights, Microwave, etc... My question is, when I start the generator or want to run items from generator, or just the batteries, all lights work but not the outlets. My procedure for generator power is to first, plug shore power cable into outlet in storage area where the rig power cable is. I then start generator which starts and runs fine. All lights work but not the outlets or the microwave (microwave is plugged into an outlet behind and above TV). No breakers are tripped. I can immediately turn generator off, and plug power cable from rig into 30amp outlet and then everything runs fine again. Is there a special switch for the outlets to work that I am missing while using the generator or just batteries? This also happens when I turn the battery switch on without the generator running. Everything works except the outlets. I must be missing something very simple - any help is appreciated.
Catawampus34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The lights all run off 12V DC, not 110V AC, so they're not powered by shore power (or the generator) directly. You've said that you're plugging the shore power cord into the generator outlet in the RV, so my guess is that the circuit breaker(s) on the generator itself is(/are) tripped, so you're not actually getting any power out of the generator.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
The lights all run off 12V DC, not 110V AC, so they're not powered by shore power (or the generator) directly. You've said that you're plugging the shore power cord into the generator outlet in the RV, so my guess is that the circuit breaker(s) on the generator itself is(/are) tripped, so you're not actually getting any power out of the generator.
Agree check the breaker on the generator itself.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I will check to see if the generator breaker is tripped. Just to clarify - all lights work in either mode, the only thing that does not work are the outlets. Thanks much.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catawampus34 View Post
I will check to see if the generator breaker is tripped. Just to clarify - all lights work in either mode, the only thing that does not work are the outlets. Thanks much.
Yes all the lights are 12vdc
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:42 AM   #6
Living The Dream

Are you seeing the same problem when your rig is upright?

Just kidding! Seems like others have you headed towards a good solution, I really don’t have anything meaningful to add.

SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #7

Check the house 120v breaker panel, which also controls 120v outlets. Two of my 120v outlets were not working and I found a breaker was tripped on the house 120v breaker panel. My breaker on my 2018 View 24J is at the foot of the bed. Also, check the breaker on the inverter. If you are getting power from the generator, your A/C and microwave should work, as well as the 120v outlets.
SteveD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Only works when rig is upside down. Can't for the life of me figure out how to rotate picture! I've tried rotating prior to exporting and that didn't work. Is there a way, within this forum to rotate the pic? Kind of like it upside down...
Old 10-31-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Looks like the problem was a "USER" error. Forgot our rig has a hard wired surge protector that works whether the rig is plugged into shore power or not. I was just impatient and not giving the surge protector time (about 3-5 minutes) to do it's diagnostics before letting electricity through. Good thing is I was able to locate the breaker on the Onan so I now know where that is and also inspected the internal breakers! All is good and I sure appreciate all the quick and helpful responses.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #10
HFA
Winnebago Camper

Wow! 3 - 5 minutes for your surge protector to do diagnostics seems like a lot. I have a Progressive Industries unit hard wired in and it takes about 20 seconds. I can see why you thought you had a problem.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Progressive uses the built in delay to protect the air conditioning units. 2-3 minutes gives them enough time to lose the high head pressure and then restart without damage.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Good to know. Also figured out the rotate issue with our profile pic. Had to save picture as .png instead of jpg