Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Navion Electrical Issues

I have a 2013 Winnebago Itasca Navion 24J, had it loaned out to my brother over the weekend. He decided to try to rig up a plug in, that would plug into his house dryer 220V female socket, even though at the Electrical cord exit door of the Navion it says 110-125V 30 amp. Anyhow he accomplished his task but immediately kicked the house breaker! He checked the RV out and he said it appeared everything still worked OK!
When I got it back I drove it home and everything seamed to be working ok on my way home running of the Chassis batteries! I got home and plugged it into my garage outlet (RV for 30 amp breaker) and it appeared everything was working ok! About 3 hours later I noticed non thing inside (lights-microwave, A/C, heater or Refrigerator) was working! I started the vehicle up and everything came on again! I let the vehicle run for about 30 minutes and turned the vehicle off and everything kept working. I went ahead and plugged the outside cable back into the outlet and everything seamed to be doing fine! Wait another few hours and everything goes off again! Again I started the vehicle back up and everything started back up, this time I disconnected the outside power supply and started the diesel generator up and turned off the vehicle engine. Everything seamed to work ok except no Microwave!
With the generator on the Xantrtrex/Pro interior readout status shows 11.9 Input Voltage and was flashing E02 for about 10 minutes then quit flashing and beeping. Chassis battery read 12.8V, House Battery read 11.9V. No Microwave, Refrigerator shows Green light on and yellow gas light on! Generator shows 11.7V 19H on.
At first I thought it might of fried the Xantrex Inverter XM1000 Pro Series (located outside inside storage just left of steps). But if that was the case everything wouldn't be working when the engine is started!
I've checked all my interior fuses and switches in the panel under the bed which all look good.
Again everything seams ok when using the exterior plug in for about 2-3 hours, then everything shuts down except microwave! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Navion 24J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would look to the Ground: inside your rear driverside storage compartment is the water and electrical connections. There is a cover on the conduit box-there are 3 wires & a ground in there- Actually, only 1 wire is power-the other 3 are grounds- Check all those wires for burning and loose connections from being shorted out.

Look at the plug, wiggle the plug blades to check for looseness.

If those things are OK- then follow the electric line to the fuse panel under the fridge-check where the wires connect to your Coach Panel to see burning, melting, looseness etc

Good Luck, sorry you have this issue
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like maybe it got your transfer switch. When pluged in does your display say the same as when generator is on?(and that being said I would loan my coach to no one, neither would I borrow one)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

He fried your converter at the minimum... Thus the converter is not charging.

Now.. Depending on the converter (Post make and model please) it may be he's done you a favor.. Or not.. And it may (Depending on battery state of charge) just popped a fuse or two. (Very low probility).

IF converter is toast.. Converters come in 3 types
Invrter/converter combo (OUCH)
Stand alone: May I recommend a Progressive Dynamics 9200 series (match the last two digits as close as you can to the last two of what you have now)
Intergrated Converter and power panel.. Use the Progressive Dynamics 4600.... Same comment on the last two digits.

Also, CHECK all 120 volt stuff
Fridge (ON A/C)
Water heater (ON A/C)
Air Conditioners
Any Electric heaters
Microwave (I see that is still working)
TV/Radio/other related electronics
Many things may have smoked when he hit it with double voltage.

OH,, also check the circuit breakers (120volt) IF you got super lucky..one is tripped.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Navion Electrical Issues..

Thanks for the replies: It has been 3 hours with it hooked up to the electrical outside outlet! Everything still working ok! I went through and checked the ground wires inside the sealed box in rear of RV where electrical cable feeds out! Everything seamed ok, no burnt wiring etc.! Rechecked the electrical box under the side of the bed, looked good! The display reads the same both when the generator is on or off when running outside electrical connection. The converter is the original style (Xantrex Pro XM1000). About 5 minutes ago the inside readout on the Xantrex Pro is reading 8.2 Input Voltage then flashes E02, back and fourth! Well I just went back and out and checked it again: Everything is off except the Microwave and the Refrigerator!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Electrical Issues

Everything I can find points towards a faulty Inverter! Plan on locating one tomorrow and replacing the old one! thanks again for all your assistance!
Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

You might want to go to info from Protective Dynamics. Like the owners manual-and call them to find out what 032 Code is.

Progressive says that the unit self protects from over voltage-and -it shows 3 things to check before replacing- one of which-is the fuses on the front of the unit.

Dig just a little deeper! Good Luck
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical