Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

mysterious leaking

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; } I have a ‘91 ToyoWinnebago Warrior. I have leaking in front of cab over area that creates enough water to dampen bedcloths and mattress. I am going to caulk around clearance lights as I had a shop (“the best” in our town) re-coat the roof and seal the side to roof corners so that was obviously not the issue. The moisture is not catastrophic but I don’t like having it in the structure, where apparently it is traveling as it takes about ˝ hour after heavy rain stops to appear on the inside front of the cab-over section. I’ve read that the side windows of the cab-over can be a problem area but I don’t know how to address that though I’ve read it is not difficult.
Another issue is that when I had the roof resealed and caulked last November, the AC unit was most probably removed and then re-installed. Now it leaks like a sieve. I noticed that the soft-metal sleeve that connects the inside air exhaust to the exterior is all bent and crumpled. I’m assuming the person that re-coated the roof was super careless and just cranked on the bolts that hold the “clam-shell” of the Coleman unit together. One of the 4 bolts is missing entirely so equal torque and distribution of the “clamping” of the top and bottom units can’t be properly torqued and the unit is not seated flat and so the gasket is not equally compressed perhaps allowing the leak.
After all of that my question is if water could travel under the roof sink toward the front and don the cab-over and then into the coach interior in the very front of the cab-over right below the front windows.
I’ve read about water pooling around the Coleman unit if the roof has caved a little and so a puddle is created. I’ve also read about fixes for this involving steet supports of some type to literally pull the roof up and therefore create positive drainage away from the exterior portion of the Coleman A/C unit.
That’s my saga and perhaps someone or ones can give some clear guidance? It would be very appreciated.

Cheers!!
toyowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak