Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 06:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Most efficient wifi & pet monitor class c minnie winnie 22m

Good morning all.
I have been reading for days, so many choices & opinions regarding the best systems to work off the computer while on the road.
Need the most efficient technology, need it for work.
Also, very important to have the best pet monitor, one that alerts your iphone in case of temperature changes in the motor home.
I'm assuming some plans offer packages, but really need the best systems for both.
Thanks again!
CantTakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
Site Team

There isn’t one simple answer to your question. The short version is you need two cellular data sources - ATT and Verizon are the two we use. Many places both work fine, some places one or the other works fine.

You need data plans that provide lots of data.

I would say you need to use MiFi devices/jetpacks but some are fine using phones. I’d say you need a good WiFi as wan router to create a private network in your RV like in your home, but others would skip that step.

In short, you need to learn all facets of this complex subject and decide what’s best for you.

I recommend you join www.rvmobileinternet.com and start learning.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

And, there are still places in this country where cellular data doesn't work.

In our moho, we use an ATT branded ZTE cellular "wireless home internet" router with roof mounted diversity antennas. (I needed a couple of wired Ethernet jacks, plus WiFi.) It came with a 12vdc wall wart, so I wired it to the coach 12 volt house system.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

WiFi

I have both att Mobley which is $20 a month unlimited but only goes on sale occasionally and my new main data is Verizon prepay unlimited on the Verizon 8800 mifi. It is unbelievable fast. Currently running as fast as 160 mbs. But went off sale a month ago. Go on YouTube and look at Mobile Internet Resource Center. They constantly update latest and greatest plans and are where I learned about my two options.
jlshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have the canary all in one, which monitors temp and humidity for pets and also has alarms.
You need WiFi for it to work.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

Temp Monitoring, Refrigerator, Coach

We use ' Sensor Push ' We use 3 sensors, 1 coach, 1 refrigerator and 1 in the freezer. They are 49.00 each, regular price and 99.00 for the gateway ( allows use over wifi ). Sends temp alarms, sends humidity alarms. All adjustable. My system works fantastic, have to keep my pet happy, but also keep my ice cream freezing !! We use Verizon's jet pack and T Mobile when Verizon doesn't work. A lot of Military base now work very well with T mobile. We use Verizon's Everywhere else. WE ALSO USE a Amcrest HD camera to watch the pet, when we are worried. Camera was 89.00 on sale.

We use Email, etc. Also streaming once in awhile. NEED INFO, Contact both Sensor Push, Amcrest inc and some cellphone providers. [email protected]
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #7
Itasca Sunstar Owner

Pet monitor system

Can't help with the wifi but as far as pet monitor we recently purchased one called MarCell. It runs off of cellular so no need for wifi. It will immediately send you a text message when temperature goes above (or below) your set range and also if your power goes out in the motorhome. The cell plan is only $99 per year.

https://www.sensoredlife.com

Check out the link.

Tags
class c