Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #41
Winnebago Watcher

JBP I appreciate you sharing your experience. Mine is actually the diesel so my generator runs on the propane. I have not had trouble with the continuous hot water but I am curious if its normal that the water pressure seems quite low.

I am going to try Camping World soon... I hope they will help me get it all in order...

I also bought it to use like a second car. But it's barely been used because every single repair has turned into a dispute with Winnebago. I wish it was sold with no warranty. That would be more honest of them.
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #42
JBP
Winnie-Wise

MyFirstRV
Maybe we are not talking about the same RV. The Trend that I know comes on a Dodge Promaster chassie. It is front wheel drive and I thought only comes in gas V 6.

1. The ceiling bed didn't go up and down smoothly and broke the first time we tried to use it. This should be Winnie and the Manuf of bed.

2. front tires bald after 5000 miles. Dodge

3. lights out warning after hazard lights use. Dodge

4. GPS... no signal I have found that Winnie does not always get antenna wire attached. Dodge will pull and test the radio. If it test ok then send that to Winnie they should fix it. If you are not out of the 12 month warranty.

5. noisy and vibration from generator (sounds like a motorcycle)

6. Chassis quit charging house batteries. This should be Winnie.

7. refrigerator doesn't work, (it worked great at first, then only freezer worked, then nothing) Call Domestic or the refrig manufacture. They will tell you were you can get it fixed. I believe that it is a 2 year warranty

7. my local Winnie dealers(x3) all totally disinterested in providing warranty work. Did you buy from one of them?

8. finger pointing, dodge says take it to Winnebago, Winnebago says take it to Dodge.

9. the rear is too low, even with no weight added.
Good luck.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #43
JBP
Winnie-Wise

MyFirstRV
I did not know that they made a Trend with diesal.
I see that they did. Let me know the particulars. Milage, excelleration, and so on.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #44
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
MyFirstRV
I did not know that they made a Trend with diesal.
I see that they did. Let me know the particulars. Milage, excelleration, and so on.
The acceleration is good. I was getting 19mpg with mixed driving.

I'll have some updates soon. I'm about to get the vehicle back after a very long legal dispute with Winnebago & Chrysler.

I checked out my nearest Camping World and found out that they are not able or interested in providing any maintenance or repairs to the Trend.

I'm putting in some prayers that my experience will improve.
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #45
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Best of luck.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Hi we are also Trend owners. Ours is a 2017. We have not gotten to use her yet but we are excited for our first maiden voyage. Do you have any tips to share on how to meet storage needs, especially for things like lawn chairs, grill, screen tent, out door kitchen stuff?
vgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #47
Winnebago Watcher

Hi There,
We have owned our Trendi since 2016. We use our shower as a storage compartment using plastic tubs. Our patio chairs are loaded up into the Trend on the beds and we use the floor for the firewood if we don't tow our little Smart car. Storage is very precious in this rig. The grill is under the bed storage and we don't have any outdoor kitchen stuff.
We usually dry camp for 2 -3 days because of the water capacity and we shower at the campgrounds.
Happy trails.
Devery and RJ
bodega bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:18 PM   #48
JBP
Winnie-Wise

is this an old post? Maybe a repost of old conversations?????
Old 05-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #49
Winnebago Camper

It may have started a while back but it’s been updated.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much for the great ideas. I didn’t know it was possible to tow a smart car. With the Trend being smaller I planned to set up an outdoor with inside a clam screen room. I have a small black stone, Weber gas grill, two tables, two chairs and the screen room. That’s a lot to try and store inside, especially if you are doing fast overnight stops. Getting to the bathroom is important.