Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Lightbulb great vehicle but

Love the way it drive, planning to keep it for a long time.
picked it up in early February and the next week we drove from Toronto to Florida. This is our 3 rv.
List of issues:
1. Make sue the bed that come down from the ceiling is all the way down
It could snap the gears and be caught with the bed half way down.
2. Chrysler repaired a lighting problem when the emergency flasher where turned off the panel indicated the back signal light did not work. They applied a patch to the GPS and Radio. They replace one battery and the starter.
3. we had a problem with major wheel alignment, tire went bald after 5000 miles. Manual says you must load up the trend, get it weighed and get a wheel alignment.
Just wondering , how many of the trend owner actually did the weigh in and wheel alignment. With the front wheel drive it be hard to feel the alignment issues.
lefebvred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Over 10k miles on ours and no issues with tires. Tires were rotated at 5k and 10k, no unusual wear on them and haven't had an alignment dine. We've been lucky, the only issues we've had with ours was a bathroom door alignment issue and the TPMS issue fixed by the recall. So basically no significant issues. Our bed has been great, have had it up and own at least 100 times with no problems.
rollins215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

We're newbies and saw a 2015 Trend yesterday at a dealership but it was being delivered so we couldn't inspect it. On the website it looks like the drop down bed is no longer part of the coach. Anyone have a 2016 unit? Sounds like the gas mileage is good and it is easy to drive which is important as we have never had a coach before.
thebignewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

The 23L model should have it but the new 23D does not.
rollins215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #25
JBP
Winnie-Wise

The 23 D does have the drop down bed over the twine beds. The advantage to the 23D is the folding door that isolates the bedroom area from the living area. This becomes very nice. Sold my 23L last year after 6000 plus miles. Gas milage was good. Driveability was excellent. Storage was adequate. We used it like a big van. Very good vehicle. Very well made and design was excellent. Support from Winnebago and Chrysler was very good. If we had not up sized I would have added the second house battery and the satellite dish on roof.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

The current poop sheet says the 23L has the "studio loft" bed that lowers. The 23D says it has the "flex bed system, 52"x87". Looks like you sleep side to side, but I'm not sure what you do to enable it.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

The table tops fill in the walkway between the twin beds and then the bolsters/cushions go on top of them to create a large sleeping surface. I have the Fuse 23a and it has the same interior layout as the Trend 23d. We really like the layout and the main reason chose the Fuse over the Trend due to the colors and the sliding door to the bathroom in the Fuse. You might get some ideas from my blog listed in my signature but we have only set up the big bed during the demo when we bought it.

Don
Tallahassee Fl
2017 Fuse 23a
The conFUSEd RVer
dp226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

2015 trend bought in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mike View Post
Hi Folks, I'm a newby here. Been "on Board" perhaps going on three weeks.
Searching through the postings on the Winnebago section, I've only come across
one thread, that I later posted on regarding the new Winnebago Trend. As far as I'm aware they've only been out since 2014. 2015's are out now (basically same as 2014) theres two floor plan layouts, one being a 23B the other a 23L. Mines the 23L. Lots of nice features, and pretty fair gas milage add to its stature. I've had my 2014 a bit over two months. My Japanese wife and I named it Hachi-Bei, after a Japanese TV Character. We Just crossed over 5000 miles, with no major issues so far, other then the usual newby questions and stuff. Was wondering, aside from the gent on the other post that I replyed too earlier, any other
Trend owner/ operators here? Be interested in hearing any tales/adventures you've had. Issues? whatever.....just trying to find the rest of the "family"! Thanks.
we got our in early February. I had some issues with wheel alignment, as the manual says load up the vehicle, get it weighed then get it aligned. I did not do it and tire went bald after 6000 miles. ( I question Winnebago doing a wheel alignment after it was built). Get Chrysler to check for update and signal lights software. indicator on the dash showed back lights were no working after emergency flashers were on. They replace the front battery and the starter. I do not like how the black and gray water connections are so low(I will rebuild so handles are not so low. Great vehicle, 23 miles a gallon, very easy to drive cannot get my wife out of the drivers seat. Driveable in city, love the interior lighting. Going to Mexico in February (from Toronto). Maybe its all the snow we have that cause the issues.
lefebvred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

We went to a La Mesa RV show at Cardinals Stadium in Phoenix on Sunday (120 degrees, the poor guy outside with the 5th wheels was really lonely). We have almost decided on the Winnebago Fuse 23A, which is the same floorplan as the Trend 23D. No bed drops from the ceiling. Diesel Ford engine, Ford chassis. First year for this model, 2017. They have run in Europe for years though. $105k sticker, their price $85k. It's about 5k more than the Trend due to the diesel they said. I hope to get it for maybe $78k.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Other active Trend forums

Found a useful and active bunch on Facebook.
Trinityfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:00 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

flat tow

Joined this club today. We've had our trend for 1 1/2 years. We like it a lot. Just bought a smart car and plan to flat tow it. car weighs 1806 lbs. Should work. Trend is the v 6 dodge, front wheel drive with a tow option. Feels like it would tow the car well. I plan to find out. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Glad to find a whole tribe of trendy people on this web site.
bodega bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Hi, great idea. Please join us on Facebook. Winnebago Viva Trend group. Very active and helpful
Trinityfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

We are also researching flat towing...we found a site...remcotowing.com...you can just input your info on your 'toad' and a list of all the parts you need pop up. Motorhome.com puts out a list every year and the issue is crammed packed with vendors that supply the towing trade, you can get overwhelmed, good luck! We pay attention to what works for other folks...

Winnaboogie
winnaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #34
Winnebago Camper

2017 trend transmission gear hunting

All, I am new to this forum. We purchased a 2017 Trend new 6 months ago and pretty much love the coach. I have 2 issues though. First- it will not stay in overdrive/6th gear even in flat Florida for long at highway speeds. In even the slightest headwind it downshifts to 5th, gains speed and then upshifts. Even in tow haul mode. It will do this say 20 times on a 300 mi trip. We do not tow anything- usually just 2 bikes on the back. Anyone else experience this?? I think the owners manual say to place the tranny in 5th when this happens and just run at say 2800 rpm which kills the gas economy. Any feedback will be much appreciated. Second issue- the Onan 2800 generator is pretty loud on this unit. I know I cannot install a new muffler as that would void the warranty. Anyone ever figured out how to quiet it down?? Thanks. We do love the coach but have these issues. Planning on a trek Fl to Fairbanks Ak so want to get the kinks ironed out.
montanamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:17 AM   #35
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Just got back from trip to California from Southern Texas. My 2014 Trend stays in 6th gear most of the time. Southern Texas is generally flat. In hill country it ran in 5th and 6th.
Take it to the Promaster dealer near you. Have them test it and see if all is ok. I averaged for the 3100 miles 13.1 mpg. One 200 mile stretch I averaged 20.1 miles per gallon. I usually run at 65 miles per hour. I was towing a small trailer. It was empty at the time. Coming back the trailer was full. I was close to the maximum towing capability of the trend.
You're correct about the generator it is noisy. We don't run it a lot. The dash are generally keeps the entire coach cool even on the hottest Texas day.
Coming back from California my son-in-law needed a back massager running. So for that time that he was using that we ran the generator. That was roughly half the time on the return trip.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

I have these problems in my 2016 Trend.
1. The ceiling bed didn't go up and down smoothly and broke the first time we tried to use it.

2. front tires bald after 5000 miles.

3. lights out warning after hazard lights use.

4. GPS... no signal

5. noisy and vibration from generator (sounds like a motorcycle)

6. Chassis quit charging house batteries.

7. refrigerator doesn't work, (it worked great at first, then only freezer worked, then nothing)

7. my local Winnie dealers(x3) all totally disinterested in providing warranty work.

8. finger pointing, dodge says take it to Winnebago, Winnebago says take it to Dodge.

9. the rear is too low, even with no weight added.

I'm going to try Camping World next, I'm hopeful that they will get it in order. I'm very disappointed that my Factory warranty expired without providing repairs.
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:30 AM   #37
JBP
Winnie-Wise

GPS is usually because Winnebago did not get antenna cable attached.
Tires are easy to spin. Did you have front end aligned?
On gen look at the exhaust pipe. The pipe is touching frame of coach. Get some separation and it will be much better.
Not sure what rear is too low means. It is easy to drag if that is what you mean.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #38
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you JBP
The GPS worked until one of the Winnebago dealers tried to correct a different problem. maybe they disconnected it or maybe it broke when they disconnected and reconnected the battery.

I've never spun the tires, but I'll be investigating the alignment and I need to buy tires. I tried to get Winnebago to fix this because the problem was pre existing but... that went very poorly.

the exhaust pipe was causing extra noise, but after adjustment it's still extremely unpleasant to use the generator.

and yes, it drags on anything and everything... It feels like a huge safety concern. also the headlights don't shine on the road... they shine too high. I just think the whole thing leans to the rear.
MyFirstRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #39
JBP
Winnie-Wise

i have found that the drag bars protect everything. I am still careful on approaching drive ways and some filling stations.
My gen is noisy but I came back from California with it running most of the time. it worked well. Most gas gens are noisy. My DP was the best but it was all the way up front.
Just got second service 93.00 for oil, filters, and tire rotation. My Dodge Pro-master does good work.
I really like the front AC. It keeps most of the RV very comfortable even in 100 plus heat. My rest room is across the back of the coach. It gets warm when traveling. But not normally a problem.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #40
JBP
Winnie-Wise

MyFirstRV something else that I am careful about is I seldom run my fuel below half tank. This ensures that I can run the gen if I have a problem.
How are you doing with in continuous hot water heater?
We use our Trend like a second car. This let us sell my car and now for the first time in our married life we have only one car.
I have found it easy to drive in traffic and 90% of the time no problem parking.
Pat makes me a three ring note book and I keep all records in it.
Remember that Winnie has a parts phone number and you can call and get replacement for most items.
I have had very good experiences working with Winnie. I know some have not but they have always been very helpful with all of my calls.
This is getting long so will stop.