Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for Fuse owners.

I realize the Fuse is pretty much new for 2017 so not many have it. 2 Floorplans match the older Trend, which has a Dodge gas motor and chassis. Fuse has Ford diesel and frame. We saw one at a La Mesa show in Phoenix on Sunday. Any owners out there? Any opinions on buying at La Mesa? They have 2 dealerships in Phx, and must have had 300 RVs at this show from just one dealer. They must have a pretty big operation.
thebignewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi; I have owned a 2017 Winnebago Fuse 23a since March. I bought mine a Lazy Days in Tampa. So far I have been very happy with the Fuse. If you check out my blog on the Fuse referenced in my signature there are several resources listed that can get you some more opinions. I would also be happy to answer any questions you might have from my experiences.
Don
2017 Winnebago Fuse 23a
Tallahassee, FL
The conFUSEd RVer
dp226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp226 View Post
Hi; I have owned a 2017 Winnebago Fuse 23a since March. I bought mine a Lazy Days in Tampa. So far I have been very happy with the Fuse. If you check out my blog on the Fuse referenced in my signature there are several resources listed that can get you some more opinions. I would also be happy to answer any questions you might have from my experiences.
Don
2017 Winnebago Fuse 23a
Tallahassee, FL
The conFUSEd RVer
Thanks Don. You posted in the Trend thread and I did look at your blog. Like I said we saw one on Sunday in Phx and liked it a lot. It was the 23A. List price was $105k and their discounted price was $85k. Do you mind if I ask what you got yours for? The La Mesa salesmen are really low pressure.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Also, do you have satellite TV and if so did the antenna/dome come installed on the roof of your Fuse from the Winnebago plant? Does it automatically target the satellite?
Old 06-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I do not have satellite on my Fuse. It was something I was thinking about but so far we have been able to get a dozen or so channels on the over the air antenna wherever we have gone. We have mostly been in Florida so your experience may be different.

I emailed you on the pricing question

Don
2017 Fuse 23a
Tallahassee, FL
The conFUSEd RVer
Old 06-22-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Does the Fuse come with a satellite antenna/receiver/dome on the roof? Regular TV antenna? Anything? I realize you have to get the box from Direct TV, but maybe the manufacturer can do the thing on the roof to point at the satellite.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
jgn
Winnebago Watcher

Antenna

The factory does not mount the antenna because they are different with Dish and DTV. Any competent dealer can mount the antenna. You can also get a portable antenna that you sit out and just plug in the cable.
Automatic lock on is available and if you throw enough money ate it, anything can be accomplished.
Don's blog, confusedrv, has a lot of practical information and is a good resource on the Fuse.
jgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The Fuse comes with a amplified HDTV TV antenna that can be turned to point in 360 degrees and seems to work very well. It also comes with connections in the electrical bay for cable TV. I also has cable here for satellite TV that goes back to the front media center so you can add your own satellite receiver. It is apparently pre-wired on the roof as well for satellite TV but that from my read of the manual and the presence of a connector that says roof satellite tv antenna in the media center.

Don
2017 Winnebago Fuse 23a
Tallahassee, fl
The conFUSEd RVer
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

What does anyone know about the fix Winnebago has designed for the cabin door on the Fuse? It is called a wind deflector screw cover but he one I was sent simply is not the correct one for the 2017 Magnetic body color. Any information would be helpful
Hays
Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Cabin door wind noise

Does any Fuse 23A owners have excessive wind noise from the cabin door?
Old 01-20-2018, 05:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Some 2017-18 Fuses had wind noise from the cabin door so the answer is yes. Dealers could adjust the door, add weather striping and other things to get a fix. Winnebago took the complaints seriously and came up with a fix for all but the earliest of the 2017 fuses with the screw cover. If basically deflects the wind around. Fuses built after August of 2017 have the deflector installed as part of the standard build.

I have no wind noise on my early 2107 door once I added some weather striping around the hinges. (Ok once you get over 70-75mph you get some)

If you have one of the first couple of Fuses off of the line (me included) you have an Atwood door. The cover will only work with the later 2017 and 2018 Fuses and not the early Fuses with the Atwood door.

An article I wrote is here and there has been a lot of discussion on the facebook Fuse owners group.
https://confusedrv.blogspot.com/2017...winnebago.html

Don
The conFUSEd RVer
Old 01-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Don
Thanks for your reply. I have read much of your writings. My Fuse is a 2017 purchased in July and was late enough that it has a 5000 pound hitch. However it must have the Atwood door as the fix they sent me simply won't snap on as they say it should. We purchased it from Lichtsinn in Forest City. We also own a Winnebago 35A Voyage. We wanted the smaller Fuse to be able to visit Washington State Parks most of which won't fit large rigs! I was interested in your smokies and Colorado get togethers and would like to be able to organize that in the Pacific Northwst for Fuse owners. We live in Birch Bay, WA just five miles from the Candidian border Peace Arch entry. We have lots of beautiful scenery for RVers. Any advice on how I could go about organizing a get together for Fuse owners in this area the opposite corner of the U.S.from you?? Henry
Old 01-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Don
I checked and my Fuse has a lippert door not an Atwood door but the screw wind deflector they sentwill not snap on!
Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Yes, You should have the Liebert door. I have heard the only the first 20-30 Fuses have the Atwood door. If you bought from lichtsinn then give them a call and see if they can advise. Rons folks are great. Probably the that are not at the factory. You could also post over at the facebook site or take a look at the older posts there since a number of people have done it. I have not since I have the Atwood door so I can't give any good pointers.

As far as a get together. Pick a spot. Make sure it has a place to congregate and then put up a call on the Fuse Facebook Page and see how many people want to come. Hardest part for us so far is finding the right campground that has a meeting space out of the rain/elements for 30-50 folks. I have been absolutely floored by the amount of people who have come and all of the wonderful people we have met. I have said that a meet up can be as easy as an email to someone who lives an hour away and getting lunch. It is just a gathering to talk Fuse motorhomes.

Tell you what. Over the next few weeks I will get Sonya (who does most of the work for a get together) to put together a get together guide based on the one we just announced in Nashville the end of April and the ones we have done in the past.

Don
Old 01-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Don

Thanks for the suggestions. Look forward to what Sonya puts together!

Henry

Tags
fuse