Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leakage from gravity fill? '16 24J

Greetings sports fans,

So, we flushed and filled the fresh water tank via the gravity fill port, everything seems to be working properly, except that occasionally we hear the water pressure pump come on momentarily and we seem to be going through water more quickly than what comes out of the tap if that makes sense.

My wife noticed that maybe water was leaking out of the gravity fill port as there was a puddle of water underneath the RV next to the gravity fill.

The pump coming on means to me that the system is slowly losing pressure somewhere (leak). None of the taps appear to leak and the plumbing looks like pex which isn't prone to leaks. I'm not seeing any water anywhere except outside near that fill port.

Has anyone else has this problem? Is there any way for the pump to slowly push water from this port?

My initial thought would be a check valve is installed to prevent water loss by sloshing when driving. If the check valve weren't sealing entirely would it be possible water is slowly getting forced past it and out of the gravity fill?

The manual suggests opening the gravity fill to vent while filling from the city water connection which would suggest there isn't a check valve. Thoughts??
ElCampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I have the same MH as you. I don't think there is a check valve on the gravity fill port. The water will slosh around when driving and come out the port, at least it does on mine.

When you fill the tank you maybe over filling the flexible tank and as it returns to it's normal shape size the water will come out the overflow or the gravity fill. You could open the outside "shower" and relieve some of the pressure without putting it in your tanks.

My pump also will cycle occasionally, or if turned off for a bit will pump for a second or two when turned on again. I don't have any water dripping inside that I know of so I don't really worry about it. I don't know if there is a check valve from the tank to the pump which could possible have a bit of an internal leak back into the tank.

The tank level indicators are known to not be calibrated, at empty I can still get a shower and have water in the tank.

Tags
leak