Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Is the 2020 view built on the latest version of the MB chassis?

I was watching some videos of the 2020 Melbourne Prestige and noticed that the dash Infotainment System is different than the 2020 Winnebago View. Are they both using the latest MB Chassis?
pequeajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Yes, the 2020 models are built on the latest chassis. They have all of the nice electronics and a good navigation system.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. I confirmed this at the dealer as well.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Great Video of the new MB features...

While watching, I have to hold down the bile as our buddy is nauseating to listen to, but their videos DO have quite a bit of good information that is useful, so I have to hand it to them for that. I just wish someone else would do the narration!

https://youtu.be/RIjA23qrKtY

Fast forward to 1:45 if you want to bypass the Lichtsinn self promotional garbage and possibly save yourself from a good puke...
Old 08-28-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The 2020's have several nice new features on the coach and chassis side and I believe the tranny is a 7 speed which is a nice bonus as well as the adaptive cruise control. I'll be selling my 2019 for a 2020.
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstclyz View Post
The 2020's have several nice new features on the coach and chassis side and I believe the tranny is a 7 speed which is a nice bonus as well as the adaptive cruise control. I'll be selling my 2019 for a 2020.
Yes, the latest version of the chassis has the 7 speed tranny as well as a lot of cool stuff in the infotainment center.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Yes it is and it handles like a dream. However, you may want to give it a year as they have had a lot of issues with the Mercedes chassis this year. Or if you're going to buy it at least turn the wheel left and right and see if the headlights turn off.
TheWinnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

What issues with the chassis are you taking about, other than the headlights?
Old 08-29-2019, 06:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...4d-355199.html

That topic also relates to it. The chassis have been coming in with poor bodywork and really bad wiring issues. In their most recent financial statement they mentioned lower numbers due to a "vendor issue" which was Mercedes. I work there and news travels fast when things go wrong. Lots of them being sent back I guess because the dash warnings have been popping up over and over I hear

No idea if Mercedes has been doing better lately or not. Has been a problem this year though
TheWinnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:28 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinnebago View Post
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...4d-355199.html

That topic also relates to it. The chassis have been coming in with poor bodywork and really bad wiring issues. In their most recent financial statement they mentioned lower numbers due to a "vendor issue" which was Mercedes. I work there and news travels fast when things go wrong. Lots of them being sent back I guess because the dash warnings have been popping up over and over I hear

No idea if Mercedes has been doing better lately or not. Has been a problem this year though
Where are you getting this information? The disruption of chassis supplies were specifically mentioned as hitting the Class B segment, not class C. Since the Class B segment starts out as unmodified vans I can see where this might have been an issue early in the year with demand outstripping supply. Class C, cutaway chassis, which are manufactured in Germany, were not mentioned.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Confirming any issues with the new chassis would be helpful. I agree it's best to wait a year or so on something new however I have always been happy with MBZ's service and support and this new RV seems better in many ways.
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:25 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

You really have to understand a few things - Winnebago is Mercedes largest buyer of the Class C cutaway chassis and Mercedes has a vested interest to resolve, repair, eliminate any hiccups there might be adding the Winnebago things to the new chassis. I have more confidence in Winnebago getting things right on this chassis than I do with other manufacturers.

At the GNR (late July), both the Winnebago product manager and the Mercedes representative confirmed that everything had been released to production. Winnebago will build about 100 units, take a hard look and make any changes for problems that may have cropped up, and then lock the design down.

Tags
chassis