Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Increased the storage on 26A Minnie Winnie

My 2018 26A did not have the outside storage that I wanted, so I added some more. The space under the center seat on the U dinette set is pretty large. It was a lot of work moving cushions and such to get to it, so it didn't get used. I decided to put a door to provide outside access to it. The Door on the Right side rear was just the right size, so I ordered it along with the proper keyed locks from the parts dept. When it came in I held it up and marked around the inside lip, drill a start hole and used my reciprocal saw to cut it out. I found that there is an rectangular aluminum tube running right down the middle of the slide. Under the window to the base. No big deal.. I just replaced the wood that holds the plywood seat in place with a 3/4" square steel tube and put a piece of wood on each end to form a Header. Worked out great. I also decided that those leg rest were just not very usable, so I removed them and replaced them with doors to access the space under each end seat. I've gained about 18-20 cu ft of storage space. Would post photos, but not sure how.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage