Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago owner

Has anyone had TV screen shatter inside?

Wife and I are on maiden voyage, morning of day 2, turned TV on in front over bunk area,32” insignia, screen has what looks like a shattered look with spider cracks on inside. Nothing touched TV, not a mark on it but shattered inside, anyone had this, talked to dealer but have not heard back, this is two days later
Old 04-26-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Likely damaged during shipment. This is not common, but it happens. It's a warranty deal but through the original shipper because it's probably shipping damage. It's likely who the shipper was is unknown and the dealer would make the claim through the RV manufacturer so you will have to deal with the dealer, and they deal with the manufacturer and they deal with the shipper. If it's as you describe, they will likely not try to accuse you of damaging it and MAY not argue about giving you another one.

Good news is a brand new 32" can be had for $90 these days and your insurance may cover it if the dealer doesn't. Life's too hard already to worry about it though.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
Winnebago owner

Broken tv

Thanks I know what your saying but it did work during demo, then that night for maybe an hour. When I turned it on in the morning to catch the news, boom this interior spider crack.Ive read online a bit and this issue seems to come up from an impact of some kind in a corner then “heat” of tv being on for some time. Winnebago has said its TV people to warranty. I have owned my own HVAC business for 30 years, so I know about sensitive equipment and how it should be handled,I’ll see what happens, I know it’s not much to replace, that’s not what I care about,I want to see if manufacturer steps up. I will hold judgement for the weekend now.I would like to see how small things are handled, already buck seems to be passed around for an insignificant amount of money when you shell out for a brand new Motorhome. Otherwise maiden voyage with our new Spirit 22M has been a very positive one, Winnebago to my eye is well made and everything works exactly as I wished, love the V10, love the V10.Fit of all cupboards and draws , spot on, glad I bought this Motorhome.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
Winnebago owner

Just an update about TV:
A New 32" TV was replaced under warranty,, by me, the dealer sent me to Best Buy to pick up and install. All is now good, I upgraded to the 1080P 32"and now wife and I can move on, from this and enjoy our new toy.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Happy to hear you got it sorted out and the dealer came through for you...

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr