Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile Fuse vs Minnie Winnie ?

We are a couple thats want a Class C to travel in . With our small dog and 2 grand kids . Every now and then. We want one about 23 to 25 . One not to long to park in parking space. We are not RV park people . We just want one to take on 3 day trips and have somewhere to stay overnight. But put alot of miles on. Need advice ? Been looking at Fuse and Minnie Winnie pros and cons ? Or others we should be looking at ???? NEED ADVICE PLEASE !!!!
Thats a RRRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

25B

Take a look at the MW 25B. Grandkids could sleep over the cab. I don't like the smaller RVs, even for short trips.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Last year we bought a 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q from a rental company (it was an exceptionally nice unit). It has one slideout which we normally don't use because there is still plenty of walkaround space with the slide in. That was a major selling point for us. Another was the walkaround queen size bed in the back. Unfortunately Winnebago stopped making the 27Q in 2017. It looks like most of the newer Winnies have corner beds or beds on a slideout which we don't care for. Overall quality of the coach has been excellent. At 28.5 feet you might consider it a bit long, but we have had no access or drivability issues at all.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2106FBS Minnie and love it (so do our two dogs). It’s a great couples travel trailer, very good quality and an easy tow.
copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
2018 Minnie Winnie 22M

Minnie Winnie 22M

When we decided it was time to part with our 39 year old (but still running great) 1978 18’ Cruise Master by Georgie Boy, one thing we had to have was a bed that allowed either my wife or I to get out of bed without having to crawl over the other. We almost exclusively boondock in state park and forest service campgrounds and needed something small enough that we could fit in. We checked our four similar models made by WInnebago, Jayco, Thor and Forest River and the 2018 WInnebago Minnie Winnie 22M, 24’2” long was our choice as the best (for us) of the four. Been a fabulous vacation machine, easy to drive, the Ford V10 has plenty of power and I would recommend it highly.
mcfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Look at the View /Navion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats a RRRV View Post
We are a couple thats want a Class C to travel in . With our small dog and 2 grand kids . Every now and then. We want one about 23 to 25 . One not to long to park in parking space. We are not RV park people . We just want one to take on 3 day trips and have somewhere to stay overnight. But put alot of miles on. Need advice ? Been looking at Fuse and Minnie Winnie pros and cons ? Or others we should be looking at ???? NEED ADVICE PLEASE !!!!
I just took delivery on a Winnebago View 24G. We are 75 and 71. live in Tucson.

I wanted the Mercedes diesel and the queen bed rear slide out and the dinette slide out. The Queen is a short queen and we are 5'7" so it is long enough. Privacy door to the bedroom area is good for grandkids along in front.

I also got the diesel generator for Nat Park BLM boondocking. Good choice uses very little fuel.

It is short enough for Nat Park campgroynds. We have 3 3/4 day trips behind us now and are very sure we made the right choice. 16.4 MPG in cross and head winds.

Do not overlook the gross load weight when making a choice. If there are 4 of you with supplies the Sprinter chassis wt limit may be lower than the Minnie??

We bought it in Rockford, IL as I have a house in N Illinois and his $$ beat other dealer's deals in Iowa, Indiana, Arizona, and Illinois. Very happy with a Hugh discount off the MSRP which made a new purchase a much better deal than a 2 or 3 year old used.
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I too really appreciate the Dealer in Rockford, IL. They are great.
pjensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse