Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile Fuse 23t vs View 24g opinions

Looking at Fuse 23t compared to View 24g. Need opinions on both if you where buying one over the other. Just dont like the LP genset on Fuse. Need help on advice. Thanks Dave
Thats a RRRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats a RRRV View Post
Looking at Fuse 23t compared to View 24g. Need opinions on both if you where buying one over the other. Just dont like the LP genset on Fuse. Need help on advice. Thanks Dave
Just info on the Fuse:

The RV drives very well, the Ford diesel is peppy and returns good fuel economy. We are getting about 16mpg and it has not yet gotten completely broken in. We find that the LP generator is quieter and less smelly than the previous gasoline generator we had in our last RV and runs well. The DC refrigerator is large and we have found it to work really well, at least so far.

The only downsides we see are a couple of poor design features in the Fuse. The door handle on the bathroom is too long for the enclosed space and my wife is constantly catching her clothes on it, the dvd remote does not work when used in the bedroom slide because there is no line of sight from the remote to the player and the external port for the portable solar panel is hidden inside the electrical compartment and difficult to get to. Other than that the RV is just great.

What is it about the LP generator that you do not like?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I'm not a fan of the 24G View/Navion floorplan (the bathroom is just weird) but the 24D and 24V floorplans are great.

I suppose the main differences are the availability of a diesel generator on View/Navion chassis and the ability to tow a vehicle. If these two are important to you, you have 4 floorplans to choose from in the View/Navion line.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2016 View G with a Diesel generator. I am very happy with both. Never notice smell from genset unless behind the rig. We love the walk around bed and larger galley counters. They did make some changes we don’t prefer such as the “dentist” sink in the bathroom in later years. We need the AC a lot in FL and stay in Walmart’s, etc while going from point A to B. Having to not refill propane is great and the genset sips fuel. We have over 250 hours on genset. So if you need it a lot the diesel is very nice to have.

Can’t speak to the Fuse.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneypaul View Post
I have a 2016 View G with a Diesel generator. I am very happy with both. Never notice smell from genset unless behind the rig. We love the walk around bed and larger galley counters. They did make some changes we don’t prefer such as the “dentist” sink in the bathroom in later years. We need the AC a lot in FL and stay in Walmart’s, etc while going from point A to B. Having to not refill propane is great and the genset sips fuel. We have over 250 hours on genset. So if you need it a lot the diesel is very nice to have.

Can’t speak to the Fuse.
The trade-offs between Diesel an LP generators is cost and convenience. Your run time on the LP is very limited... you can go thru your entire LP supply in a couple of days, plus it's not as convenient to refill your LP tanks. But if you only use the generator sporadically the cost savings is probably worth it. rRegards Lee
Leevormelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevormelker View Post
The trade-offs between Diesel an LP generators is cost and convenience. Your run time on the LP is very limited... you can go thru your entire LP supply in a couple of days, plus it's not as convenient to refill your LP tanks. But if you only use the generator sporadically the cost savings is probably worth it. rRegards Lee
I completely agree with these comments.

We dry camp regularly, but not all the time and generally only for one or two days between powered campgrounds. When at powered campgrounds we never use the generator and when dry camping we only use it to run the microwave or my wife's electric water kettle. When traveling we use the generator only for lunch, so our use is limited. Given that I am more than willing to accept the more limited run time of the LP generator for its more quiet operation and less smelly exhaust.

If we used the generator more I would want a diesel for the convenience, but not given the amount we use it now.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
RJ2
Winnebago Camper

Ill second that on the Propane generator . The views have an inherently small propane tank to start with .
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Go drive both if you haven't. That should help you decide. I did the same and bought the Navion. It's bigger and roomier but doesn't drive much bigger. The Fuse is smaller and quicker to drive but stiffer and not as refined as the sprinter. Mine came with the LP gen and I'm fine with it as it works great. I would probably use up all the LP in 3 days if I ran it all night every night.

See all the other posts on LP vs Diesel gens. The diesel gens are $5k as an option and not worth it IMO.
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2 View Post
Ill second that on the Propane generator . The views have an inherently small propane tank to start with .
Yes. I agree. But it is exactly the same size as the propane tank on the Fuse. They are both too small for those who want to use an LP generator frequently.

Tags
fuse