Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Exterior Paint Color Question

Does anyone have a suggestion on touch up paint for a Winnebago View 24D? I have a new unit and there are several small chips in both the white & grey paint and I'd like to touch them up before they get ugly.

At Lichtsinn I was told Winnebago does not offer the small containers of touch up paint you can get with cars and they recommended I should order from Sikkens. I'm told that it's a cool grey J31 color by Sikkens but I can't find any way to confirm this. Plus with over 20 types of whites used by Mercedes Benz I don't know how to confirm the white used on the body. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 06-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I drove our coach to Car Quest, (now Advance Auto Parts), and they scanned the paint, mixed the exact color and made up touch up tubes as well as a spray can. Pretty slick.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have full body paint and I got a complete touchup kit. I thought the only paint on the full body paint models is the white on the Mercedes chassis.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Some manufacturers put a "spec sheet" on the wall of a closet or cabinet that includes paint codes. Not sure if Winnebago does that, though.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadCrafters View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion on touch up paint for a Winnebago View 24D? I have a new unit and there are several small chips in both the white & grey paint and I'd like to touch them up before they get ugly.

At Lichtsinn I was told Winnebago does not offer the small containers of touch up paint you can get with cars and they recommended I should order from Sikkens. I'm told that it's a cool grey J31 color by Sikkens but I can't find any way to confirm this. Plus with over 20 types of whites used by Mercedes Benz I don't know how to confirm the white used on the body. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Here are the Winnebago Paint Code Manuals: https://winnebagoind.com/resources/m...paintcodes.php

Winnebago has information, manuals and diagrams for every part that went in to making your motorhome available on their website. https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

These are all great reply's. I had no idea about the Winnebago Information, manuals and parts on their website. Great advise! Thanks so much.

Rob
Old 06-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadCrafters View Post
These are all great reply's. I had no idea about the Winnebago Information, manuals and parts on their website. Great advise! Thanks so much.

Rob
If you would like to see a list of all of your options and their codes, and the list of every part that went into your motorhome you can do the following: On the first link that I gave above and under the title Manuals and Diagrams, click on Parts Catalog-Motorized. On the next page, click on the red "Service Parts List" on the left. Enter the year of your unit and the last five digits of your unit's Serial Number (NOT the VIN number) and there you have the list of everything that went into constructing your motorhome. Fun!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I use PaintScratch.com. They have available any color you need contained in pens, touch-up bottles /brush, pints, qallons. If they do not list the color you need, you can fill out a color request form using the Winnebago paint code and they will match the paint color. I bought 3 colors from them using the color match request and they matched the color perfectly.
rockymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Best Paint for Exteriors

I went and repainted the stripes/decals on my 1986 Chieftain 27...used Marquis Exterior Enamel from Home Depot...great UV protection and lasts great...used a small camel hair brush...good luck!
Father Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I had a selection of touch up paints included in my manuals case for my 2017G.
rv kayakers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint