Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cambria Audio Warning

After a recent outing, I stowed everything (awning, slides, Levelers not used, all doors locked, etc.) before departing. When I turned on the ignition I got a loud chime-type audio warning (parking brake not engaged). The warning is similar to the seat belt chime, but much louder and higher pitch. There are no other warning indications, audio or lights. The only way to silence this alarm is to depress the emergency/parking brake. Needless to say, I did not drive it with the brake on. I drove home (only a few minutes away, fortunately) with the alarm sounding continuously. There is no obvious/visual abnormal condition. It is not the alarm that sounds with the levelers extended. Any ideas what causes this?(2013 Itasca Cambria 27K)
Vietch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Vietch check the front seat position sensors. The seats must be facing forward and sometimes the sensors get out of position.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thx

Good idea. I'll ck it out later today. Makes sense since I did swivel the pax seat while camping. Returned it to the normal (at least I thought so) position before driving, but since my wife was following me, no one has sat in the seat since then. So, I suspect it may not be completely latched into the forward position. Will see.

BTW, since you seem familiar with this unit, I have another question for you. Can you explain the dash button labelled "rr-auto-htr. Like the swivel seats there's nothing in either the chassis or coach manuals that even mention this switch. Understand its for aux coach heating and assisting the water heater while driving. But, nowhere does it explain all this in the manuals.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Vietch, it is part of the motoraid system. Heated coolant from the engine is circulated through a heat exchanger on the back of the water heater and an auxiliary heater. The switch controls the fan speed on the aux heater. Could not find the location of the aux heater on any drawings. Should be able to turn it on high and hear the fan.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Good call on the seat. Fixed the problem and saved me an embarrassing, and probably expensive, visit to the shop. On the heater aid switch, which setting does what? Does the "htr" position mean the water heater and "rr" (rear room???) the coach aux heat? Confusing and nothing in any manuals. Very odd.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Vietch, The coolant flows through the motoraid system any time the engine is running. You do not have to do anything to the hot water heater. The switch is for the fan speed High - Off - Low.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambria RR Aux Heater.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	106752  
Old 09-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Afraid to say, but the Cambria does not have the Motor Aid heating system.

I don't understand why they have the switch plate labeled as that, but it is just a dummy blank instead of a switch.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clock Meister View Post
Afraid to say, but the Cambria does not have the Motor Aid heating system.

I don't understand why they have the switch plate labeled as that, but it is just a dummy blank instead of a switch.

Chris
Guess that could explain why there are no instructions in the manuals. Still odd though.

Tags
audio