Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Auto leveling jack problems

I bought a 2007 Aspect 26A with 52K miles on it. I found it in Nov 2018 & did a lot of shopping & research before I actually bought it in April 2019. It needed work which I knew about so I planned accordingly. I had to grease the heck out of the slide but it seems fine now.

So far we've gone on 4 or 5 trips with no problems with the exception of the auto leveling jacks. I had all 4 replaced due to rust & being bent. $2000 later & now the solenoids are NG. Waiting on parts but thankfully she's still road worthy. I joined Good Sam so we'll see if that was worth it. I don't really trust those warranties.

My tale of woe. Frustrating but I knew going in an RV was similar to owning a boat I hope you can get some satisfaction with the slide & the warranty.
Peebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

As Winterbagoal accurately pointed out, there are those who absolutely love the extended warranties and those who hate them. I have also been told that the extended warranties sold by dealerships are far more expensive than those sold from other entities such as Good Sam. I don't know if one has more coverage than another as I don't purchase them because of experiences such as yours.

We bought a 2017 Aspect 30J after doing a ton of research as well. We didn't get it down the road 30 miles and the speedometer all of the sudden quit working (we were on I-17 heading north to Flagstaff). We immediately called the RV dealership that just sold it to us. We couldn't get our salesman, service department or the service manager to pick up. Everything went to voice mail...including the "personal" cell phone number given to us by our salesman! We waited 15 minutes by the side of the interstate waiting on a return call. Nothing. We started it back up and I figured I would estimate the speed based upon the gear and rpm we observed. Well, the speedometer worked just fine. Never heard from the dealership (until I gave them poor marks on a survey) and I've never had the problem since. Point is this forum is full of stories where RV dealerships are great sales people but poor followup on issues.

There has been a recent thread talking about the lack of quality control in RVs, generally speaking. Quite interesting and quite accurate. Some of the old timers on this site say to just get things fixed (either yourself or someone else) and move on down the line. It isn't worth the stress and poor quality of life you put yourself through by dwelling on it. I have found that is absolutely true. The only one who wins is the dealership and they don't care about the inconvenience they have caused you (real or perceived). So, for us, we follow the advice of those who have been around the block several hundred times, get irritated, get it fixed and then get over it. It gets easier with practice...or so we tell ourselves.

Sorry you went through this experience. I hope you find resolution to your satisfaction. If you're not sure if you want that extended warranty, some do allow a cancellation...at a price, of course. But it might put a little bit back in your pocket. Read it over and see if yours does.

Good luck!

Al
Old 10-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Rather than tack your problem with Jacks onto someone else’s thread about other problems, I’ve moved your post into its own thread.

I hope this helps you.

Keep in mind unless you have the exact same overall problem as someone else, same system, same function, etc, you should always start a new thread to address your specific issue rather that tack your issues onto some other thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you
Peebsmom is offline   Reply With Quote