Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Aspect is Gone?

Looking at the WGO web site the Aspect no longer appears. Shame! We had one, looking to dump this 2018V24D for a dry camping rig, that is one option gone. Back to Coach House. I don't see anything now in the WGO "C" lineup unless you really like the Boldt (a B rig) - "starting at $198,614.00". Nope. That money buys a CoachHouse one piece shell and quality.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

What is it about Winnebago's Outlook Class C line that you don't care for? Their selection includes five different models, with a variety of floorplans and options.

What I like about them is that they're still available on the rugged and reliable Ford E350/E450 chassis that offer a decent ground clearance - instead of the new crop of Class C rigs that appear to be low slung highway queen light-weight looking low horsepower vans. Also notice the good tank capacities of the Outlook line, which make possible several days of real drycamping in all kinds of weather.

Here's a link that brings up the Outlook brochure: https://winnebagoind.com/binaries/co...-digital.x.pdf
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Phil,

First, I have actually had opportunity to walk inside a neighbor's Outlook, parked next to us for a week. It is not a "bad" RV at all, especially at the price point and, as you said, several floor plans and tank capacities. The reason I did not look any further is the "residential refrigerator". It's just a matter of my experience so far with the first ever compressor fridge in a small rig. It just does not work for me, LP is for high end, dry camping, real dry camping/boondocking rigs. We always had LP for 20 years, never burned the rig down, always worked, could dry camp a month if I wanted too. I am well aware of the industry trend and it is because so many people talked about the fridge fires etc., that all the new potential buyers are demanding residential or compressor fridge and the industry is responding.

I've never been a fan of the big overhead bunk look, not even on the View. The Aspect was very clean line just as the CoachHouse rigs are - personal opinion but the fridge has burned me. It just might force me to stop the RV stuff after 20 years. I disagree with everyone that LiFeP04 is ready for prime time. When you can go to Costco and pick up a replacement - maybe. When someone provides RV techs who won't kill them - the same RV techs who always destroy even lead acid- maybe. When you can read just two articles that agree on care, maintenance and operation and installation of lithium - maybe. IMHO, that's the only real solution to a compressor fridge in a small class C rig unless you camp plug to plug. It is not ready for prime time, just my opinion, and I know some are using it and extremely pleased.

In a small rig there is not enough roof space to make solar even worth the hassle except to keep batteries charged when parked in the driveway, refrigerator off. Now if you can spring for that $198k + Boldt with the super Lithium pack how are you gonna get Sprinter to replace the DPF when it fails running the aux alternator/generator at high idle on that high tech diesel? Most diesels now have an auto shutoff on the engine after 10-15 minutes of idle. Some new PU trucks do the engine shutdown ritual at a stop sign, restart when you push the gas or release the brake.

Those are the reasons, the industry, not only WGO, except for a few holdouts are jumping all over residential and 12vdc marine refrigerators, throwing in a lithium pack, shouting amen, and the consumer will deal with the issues. Just like I'm kinda stuck with this 18V24D. I'm working out the issues as much as possible now, with very little or no help from WGO. Fourteen months into the mess I've had some time at home and off the road lately, I may get it worked out.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

For what it's worth, the Winnebago "Minnie Winnie" and "Spirit" lines also include 5 models that appear to be (due to their starting price) an upgrade in quality/options from the Outlook line - and may use or offer as a choice - an electric/gas absorption refrigerator.

After careful reading of the Outlook brochure I noticed another negative in the Outlook line - a TPO roof.

We have a 24V Spirit E450 based Class C and love it: It has such things as a crowned one piece fiberglass roof, large fresh water/grey water/black water tanks, an Onan generator installation that makes it quiet, full storage under each dinette bench seat (no coach equipment under these), multiple heating ducts down low and multiple air conditioning ducts in the coach ceiling, large outside and inside storage cabinets, an absorption refrig with 5 temperature settings, an outside entertainment center, an outside shower, heated grey and black water tanks, space under the coach step for two large coach batteries, 4 walkie talkies in their built-in charging rack, a swiveling and extending lounge chair, heated and remotely adjustable cab mirrors, a fully enclosed exterior electrical and plumbing cabinet (including the black tank hose so that it doesn't have to be stored in a bumper tube) so none of this is hanging down low to hang up, aluminum cab step runners instead of fiberglass runners, a full spare tire, two long exteror storage areas for shovels/fishing poles/brooms/beach umbrellas/etc., all under-carriage coach components up high to eliminate/reduce any hangups on rough roads, good overall ground clearance for all Ford chassis components, an automatic coach step, an 18 gallon (60 lbs. when full) propane tank, etc..
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

2019 was last year for Aspect

Sad to see it go, they were still listed on the website until a month or so ago. we have a 2014 27K model, our first RV that we bought in February and love it. Thought model fit a good space between the boxes and high end rigs.

There are still a few new 2019 available
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

It looks like they dropped several models for 2020. I love our Winnie, but I don't see buying another one in the future. :-(
waterman480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2017 Aspect 30J that we bought at a deep discount this past December. 8,000 miles on it and the original owner took the depreciation. We love it! Too bad they are being discontinued. Have you thought about a good used one? On RVTrader there are several that appear to be in really good shape. Appear...of course you would want to do your own due diligence. But having already owned one, you know what to look for. Just a thought. Good luck!

Al
Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Looks like Lichstinn RV in Forest City, Iowa still has an Aspect in their inventory. I mean ... in case you are looking for one now. :-)
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #9
Just Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
Looks like Lichstinn RV in Forest City, Iowa still has an Aspect in their inventory. I mean ... in case you are looking for one now. :-)
I was going to suggest the same thing, AspenGirl. We have a 2018 30J Aspect that we love. We put a 2nd airconditioner in the bedroom since we live in Arizona and it does tend to get a wee bit hot here. One AC just doesn't cut it.
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:52 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We had a 2013 Aspect, sold it in ‘15, unfortunately. Just purchased new 2018 Cambria that has Winnebago on it instead of Itasca. It was explained to us, since they were basically the same thing, they stuck with Cambria and let Aspect go. Logical decision in my opinion, after having purchased both.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #11
Just Ama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdsgone2dogs View Post
We had a 2013 Aspect, sold it in ‘15, unfortunately. Just purchased new 2018 Cambria that has Winnebago on it instead of Itasca. It was explained to us, since they were basically the same thing, they stuck with Cambria and let Aspect go. Logical decision in my opinion, after having purchased both.
Just looked at Winnebago's website. Sadly, they don't have the Aspect or the Cambria listed anymore. You are fortunate to have been able to get what is probably the last of the Cambria/Aspect RV's. As previously noted, Lichtsinn still has a few 2018 and 2019 models of both available. I'm sure a few other Winnebago dealers may have some models on their lots, but from everything I can find. Winnebago has dropped both from production, and that's too bad, because I think a LOT of people out there liked the Cambria/Aspect line. I know we're very happy with ours..
Happy Traveling ya'll.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

It is too bad that the line has been discontinued. We absolutely love our 2017 Aspect 30J. Everywhere we go, it precipitates conversations and people wanting to see it. We'll keep ours for years and years to come!

Al
Old 07-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #13
Just Ama

We are with you on that count, AZAspect. We love ours too and get a lot of compliments on it and are always happy to show it off to other RV-ers. It is too bad that they have discontinued the line... what they have available right now just doesn't have the livablility in a smaller RV that the Aspect/Cambria 30J's do. I think with so many who are wanting to downsize, that Winnebago is really missing the market by discontinuing the Aspect/Cambria... but what do I know? I'm just a consumer