Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago55 View Post
Hi all. I am a newbie and thought I would share. I bought a used 2014 Aspect 30J with 5300 miles. It was stored indoor for over a year. I have had it little over 2 months now with no issues. I have been trying to take care of all the standard yearly maintenance myself as a handy-person and in the familiarity process that comes with all new things, I have found myself on several occasions being pleasantly surprised when I discover or notice for the first time a build or design that Winnebago made. I am very happy with quality and attention to details and it sounds corny but I would not think of buying any other brand MH in the future. Winnebago baby!! Now I could have done better with a different model than the 30J. Everyone is or should be getting word about the bad news of the larger 30J. The CCCW Combined Cargo Carrying Weight is extremely paltry at 1888lbs. If your a full-timer you can guess what I am about to say...Get a TOAD! I have managed to deal with the limited weight restrictions by loading up the toad with my tools and heavier items...The Fiat 500 can carry upwards of 700lbs and while I do have the rear seats deleted, I doubt I will need to carry that much...but you never know
Paul, I think the CCC is just the nature of the beast when getting at or above 30' on the class C gas chassis. The CCC on my 28B is 2,467lbs. which is ok since the exterior storage is so small you would have to really work at overloading it. I suspect most Aspect/Cambria owners do not full time which would help keeping the weight in check.
Dave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Hello, my partner and I are brand new owners of a slightly owned (4K miles) 27K. Did you end up getting the Aspect/Cambria? I notice your post was in May 2017 and you hadn't yet purchased. Looking for people who have recent models to share info with. Ours has the Winnebago label on the front, but Cambria on the side of the unit. We're picking ours up tomorrow. Very excited. This is our first RV.
knappwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #23
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Let us know how you like your new 27K.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

I just want to let members of this site know that there is a Facebook group called "Winnebago Aspect & Itasca Cambria". Very nice group of people who share their experiences, knowledge, and travels. Take a look at the group if you are on Facebook.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:54 AM   #25
Just Ama

I know I'm late to the party. We traded our 2008 36' Tiffin Phaeton in on a 2018 Aspect 30J. There were a few things we missed after having purchased it, but they were easily fixed. We live in Arizona. One AC was not cutting it, so we installed a second AC in the bedroom and took the Fantastic Fan that was there, and switched it out with the cheap bathroom fan. I don't know why Winnebago is adverse to putting in mirrored doors, but they don't have any full length mirrors anywhere. We bought an over the door mirror and it fit perfectly on the bathroom door. We also put a second mirror in the bathroom, over the Cabinet door, and added battery powered lights. The bathroom is too dark without a window, making it hard to shave or put on makeup. With the 'fixes' we've made, this RV is perfect for our 'old age' travels. Much easier to manuever as we lose driving skills with age. To sum it all up.. we LOVE it!
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:40 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Cambria/Aspect owner

I just noticed your 2017 post looking for feedback on the Cambria/Aspect. By now you probably either did, or didn't buy one, but for what its worth...We have owned a 2017 Model 27K, bought barely used in January 2018. We love it. No motorhome is perfect but for a family of 2, with 2 large dogs, we couldn't go smaller and didn't want to go bigger because we camp in a lot of places where sites are limted to 30 ft rigs max. In our unit, the full length corian kitchen counter, along with the double-wide refrigerator enables us to travel great distances and long periods of time with plenty of fresh produce and other perishables on board. Especially now, with Covid-19 everywhere, we feel so very lucky to be able to travel completely contained with infrequent need to interact with other humans. Love it!
BoB Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote