Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question Any 25B owners out there?

Hello! We just purchased our first RV, a new to us 2016 Minnie Winnie 25B (the 350/V8 chassis). We are very excited for our first season! We are a family with 3 small children. I would love to hear from anyone that owns this model - things you like/dislike, experiences worth sharing, organization tips, mods/accessories - anything really. I am especially interested in hearing from anyone that doesn't have a toad. We don't plan to tow. Is parking an issue? How do you get around? Tips to make breaking camp less painful so we can use the RV to explore. Any advice on rails or other safety barrier for bunk over cab (worried our kids will fall off)? We are complete newbies!!!! Thank you in advance for helping us out!
zenda17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We just traded our 2015 25B. We had the 350/V10. We really enjoyed ours and due to enjoying it so much we upgraded to a vista 31be. We didnt tow a car, and for trips where we were staying in one area we rented a car. We frequently travel with friends that have a 5th wheel so for shorter trips we always had a secondary vehicle.

The 2015's didnt have LED lighting, so I upgraded all the lights to that, I also added a cargo/bike carrier to the hitch.

Counter space is at a min, so get a cover for your stove, and get a sink cover, those will help with space. One of my favorite features was the rear basement storage. It was nice having easy access to all the outdoor stuff.

As for things I didnt like, I didnt like that when the ladder was down from the over head bunk it really shrunk the space available. We knew it was tight when we got it and my kids were 2 years smaller.....I didnt account for all the toys/dolls that were going to take up so much space

Besides getting more space, the other reason I upgraded was because of the tank size.....my kids are under 6 so they are to young to go to the campground bathrooms by themselves (plus they refuse to go into the boys room), which means my wife has to take them. My black tank always filled up before grey those 23gallons lasted 3-4days max. Even when in full conservative mode 4 days was the max we could go. This limited us to going to some places that didnt have full hookups or dumps available.

We only had one warranty issue and it was a minor cosmetic issue, the stock suspension was firm and we never experience rocking like a boat. I hope our new Vista will be rock solid as that Minnie Winnie 25b was.
vaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs up

Vaus, thank you! I did just buy a cover for the stove, what cover did you get for the sink? I really don't know what to get for the sink. Great to know about the tanks. We have 3 kids (7, 4, 2) so I'm guessing 3/4 days max for us with no sewer hookup or dump station - maybe even less, not sure how many kids you have. So far, all of the public campgrounds that I've looked at have a dump station (some even have sewer hookups - but I imagine those go quick). Perhaps a portable tote would help, any experience with those? I'm curious, what areas would you have liked to visit but didn't have sewer/dump station (this would obviously make the tote useless)? Also, did you have any issues with leveling? There is no leveling system - is that because one really isn't necessary? I did purchase leveling blocks for our driveway (it's inclined) but curious about actual camping - seems they are mostly flat. Also, you say stock suspension - (sorry for my ignorance) but is that while you are driving or while you are parked? Which is my next question, do we need some sort of jack stand to keep it from rocking while at camp?

Congratulations on the upgrade! Funny, I'm seeing a trend here. Seems like after 1 or 2 seasons, people upgrade! I wanted the smallest floorplan with no slide that could accommodate our family of 5 and the 25B fit the bill perfectly. I ain't gonna lie though, wondering how long it will be until we want something bigger. Hoping we can last a while in this one
Old 03-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

For the sink cover we bought a basic camco cutting board cover. We also got a folding table multipurpose table that when folded fits perfectly on the over hang in the back basement. We used that table for holding things like the coffee maker and other stuff.

We never had a problem getting it leveled....My wife would let me know when I had the tires centered on the blocks....and I kept a bubble level up front that I could throw on the floor to do a quick spot check. The RV is small enough to wiggle around in the camp spots to find the best spot to level.

Your Winnie probably didnt include a windshield cover....https://www.amazon.com/ADCO-2507-Cle...eld+cover+ford.....We liked the one with the screen cause we could get extra light into the unit.

My fam is my wife, myself and our 2 girls both under 6....no animals. I never had to do a pull away to go to the dump station (came close once), but most of our longer trips were always at full hookup sites. I stayed away from totes just looked like to much work.

We never felt rocking in our 25B....there was slight movement but not like Ive felt in other units. We also didnt spend alot of time inside our rv....we are almost always outside under the awning, hiking, swimming, playground, riding bikes, etc.

It sounds like you are approaching things like we did...the 25B was our first purchase, we didnt want slides or other extras while we were learning the ins and outs. Plus I was sure my kids and wife would enjoy it as much as they have.

We live in the midwest, and almost everywhere requires reservations....the state parks here are booked 6months in advance....our biggest challenge has been the fact we havent been able to be random and just go camping for a weekend without reservations.

If you upgrade in a few years just remember you will have a loss in the wallet, but kids are only kids once.....you've got a vacation home on wheels so go enjoy those memories.

I hope your 25B treats treats you as good as ours did.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We are also in the Midwest so don't like hearing that being random is not so easy. I booked trips for holiday weekends but figured we could "wing it" for other weekends. Do you find that is the case whether it's a public or private campground. Hmmmmm, may need to rethink! My hesitation is with kids plans can change last minute and that could mean losing money forfeiting reservations. Bummer.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I guess I should rephrase...If you call around you can find a campground. I am in ohio, and if you want a state park, you need to have reservations months in advance....for some parks 6 months in advance. If you want to do a mid week trip, you will have little difficulty finding place.

We have need to cancel and/or reschedule a few reservations, and havent had a campground keep the deposit (even though their TOS says they will keep it and I have always expected to lose the deposit).
Old 04-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Minnie Winnie 22R group (25B also)

Hi all come over to "Facebook", we have a small group dedicated to the small Minnie Winnies, 22R and 25B's.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...2022r%20owners

Hope to see you all
Evan
Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I also have a 2016 25B I purchased it last year it's been Great,I have no problems driving around town with it no need to have a toad vehicle. It's my wife & I and our pet Rottweiler we boon dock mostly, i can go 3 full day till tanks are full.I like how we can just pull in somewhere and spend the night with out opening slides or leveling the MH.It works Great for our use Good Luck with yours.
lkymth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

You need to get a composting toilet, by Nature Made. Best thing we ever did.
Tracky101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Tracky101, did you replace the toilet in the unit? If not, where did you put it to be used?
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Tracky101, did you replace the toilet in the unit? If not, where did you put it to be used?
We took out the one that was in the RV when we got it, and put in the Composting toilet (Natures Head). The floor was flat so it fits better. Did do a raise for the toilet ring that was on the other toilet 3/4 inch or so. can't take that off as it is connected to the black tank. Put in a plumbers ball to plug up the hole and blew it up with a bicycle pump. There is a video about it on you tube. Look up Natures Head.
The extra head is sitting in storage. If we sell the RV one day, we will be taking the composting toilet with us. To next unit or whatever.
Tracky101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:38 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thank you, I will seriously consider your recommendation. Seems like a good idea.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Have 2015 25B, did a 28 State tour covering almost 14,000 Miles this past summer. We didn’t have a tow. If we spent more than 2 days somewhere we rented a car. Went through some wind storms and have decided to wade into the suspension & steering upgrades. We are also looking for a Chevy Sonic to tow. I live in Alaska and you really don’t need a tow up her per se. Usually you are parked near the fishing hole. We are heading out again in mid-June for a couple months.
JetAlaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Hi JetAlaska, come on over to the Facebook group named "Minnie Winne Owners" and you will find a group of all Minnie Winnie owners and with lots of questions, answer, upgrades, and lot of photos. We even have another Alaskan who owns a 25B and travels much of the us also.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I don't have a 25B but I do have a 27 foot. Quickly, instead of the windshield cover (great idea) we bought a roll of silver reflective insulation and cut it to the windshield size. Then roll it up when we travel. It works great at reflecting the Arizona sun!!!
https://www.amazon.com/Reflectix-ft-...K4HMEW8PHKS5W9