Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

31KP Questions

I have seen several posts on this site about flat Winnebago roofs. Did Winnebago change the roofs on their class C units in 2014 or 2015? On their web site, it clearly states that the Minnie Winnie has a "crowned, one piece fiberglass roof". Same statement on the website for the Cambria/Aspect units too.

Also, is the 31KP available with leveling jacks? It seems to have everything else but I can find nothing about the jacks.

Comparing this to a Sunseeker 3010. Insights?
OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2014 31H. Its got a fiberglass roof, but it is most certainly NOT crowned.

I try to store and camp w/ it a smidge off level so that whatever is up there will run off the back. Preferably the back, but sometimes the front !
Old 02-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2014 Itasca Spirit 31K (same as the Minnie Winnie). It was built in Jan. 2013 with a flat, non fiberglass roof. I don't believe the jacks are an option. Perhaps they could be ordered in a special factory order. The dealer should be able to install them if not available from the factory.
I have never had jacks on any of my class Cs, and never really felt a need for them. I almost never use leveling blocks, and just move the MH this way or that a little, to get it "level enough".
The added weight of jacks shouldn't be a problem on that model, since it most likely has a high OCCC. My 31K (not KP) has an OCCC of 3,275#.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Mine has 2900+ (can't remember the exact number but its just North of 2900). Mine has the bunkhouse, which likely explains the few hundred apart from the 31K up above.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
RAD

I just bought a 2014 31K and had to deal with a slight leak in the shower skylight and after taking down the inside part of the skylight I can clearly see the roof is made of fiberglass.....it's not crowned....flat as a pancake
Old 02-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADRV View Post
I just bought a 2014 31K and had to deal with a slight leak in the shower skylight and after taking down the inside part of the skylight I can clearly see the roof is made of fiberglass.....it's not crowned....flat as a pancake
I had the same problem. After the third time it was resealed and still leaked, we pulled the skylight off, cleaned off the roof and skylight caulking, re-caulked and reinstalled the skylight. It hasn't leaked since then.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks to all for the replies. Do you see the flat roof, whether fiberglass or not, as a problem? Also, makes me wonder if other manufacturers "crowned" roofs are actually flat too. I know my current TT has a very crowned roof and drains quite well.
OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

To be honest I'd much rather it be crowned AND fiberglass, but at least I got the fiberglass part of it. Just park it so that you're not completely level and let the water run off. It is what it is.