Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

22m Wired for Fantastic Fan?

Are the new Winnies prewired for Fantastic Fans?
Marine Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:42 AM   #2
2019 Minnie Winnie 22M

I can’t say for sure but I removed the inside screws holding the roof vent over the front bunk cab. Found no wires just ~3-4 inches solid insulation. Ended up putting a Max Air roof vent in instead. Really would like to install a fan over queen bed. Have to do some research where I can steel power from. Most likely 12v from exhaust fan in bathroom. Seems to be the easiest shot to snake to.

Lance
2019 Minnie Winnie 22M
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

No they are not.
Paul18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It’s very simple to find power. You can use an electrical snake to make it easy.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

When we got our 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q I also wanted to change out the crank open roof vents for fan vents but found there was no 12v wiring to the cutout. There was an overhead light about 2 feet to the left so I used a 5/16 aluminum rod to carefully punch a hole through the Styrofoam from the vent cutout to the cavity for the light fixture. It took a little time to make sure I didn't punch through the ceiling and ensure I was on course to that cavity, but it worked. I snaked the wires between the two fixtures, wired it up, and it worked fine.

Then I went to the back to do the same for the vent over the bed. The nearest light was about 2 feet forward from the vent hole but the rod hit a pretty solid obstacle in the Styrofoam about halfway to the light. I figured this was probably a roof crossmember of some kind and I didn't want to risk doing any irrepairable damage by trying to drill through it, so I used a piece of 1/2 inch surface mount Wiremold from Home Depot to stick on the ceiling surface between the two fixtures, wired them up and the fan works great. The color of the exposed 24" of Wiremold is close enough to the ceiling that we don't notice it at all.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:05 AM   #6
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Lance

Our 2018 22M came with an 12 volt exhaust fan in the bathroom. I changed it out to a Fantastic Fan and covered it with a Max Air cowling. It moves enough air quietly that we can cool down the entire unit- we leave the other two vents open (bed room and cab over) and by exhausting air out of the bathroom the air flow cools the coach nicely. Certainly not as good as the AC bur adequate if boon docking or don't want to hear the AC at night
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdie24 View Post
Lance

Our 2018 22M came with an 12 volt exhaust fan in the bathroom. I changed it out to a Fantastic Fan and covered it with a Max Air cowling. It moves enough air quietly that we can cool down the entire unit- we leave the other two vents open (bed room and cab over) and by exhausting air out of the bathroom the air flow cools the coach nicely. Certainly not as good as the AC bur adequate if boon docking or don't want to hear the AC at night
I’m curious why you didn’t use the Fantastic vent cover instead of the Maxxair? The airflow is substantially better and more efficient. It does cost more but the fan works better with the cover that was designed to compliment it.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

I actually did use the Fantastic Fan cover over it; I did add Maxx Air covers over the other two vents. Sorry wasn't clear in my post - lazy editing.
I did ensure all covers were black though - matching all other hardware on the roof top.
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:25 AM   #9
2019 Minnie Winnie 22M

Lowdie24
Sounds good. I will add that to my modification list that I plan on doing this winter. Fantastic fan in bathroom
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan