Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-22-2019, 01:27 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Keep in mind, the prices shown on the Lichtsinn web page are simply MSRP. NOBODY actually pays that! Lichtsinn would have gone out of business long ago if they were selling for MSRP. Many dealer websites just show MSRP, none really sell for that price.
I am just used to how RVs are sold where I live, and here the dealer web sites all list the actual sales prices, not the MSRP. Of course you can bargain and get better prices but the Fuse we bought was advertised on the dealer website as $83,000 or so, new. The same RV on the Lichtsinn site was the full MSRP, which made me assume that was what they actually asked. Hence the question.

If they are selling at a discount then I had the wrong impression. When and if we are in the market for a new RV I might just check with them and see what they are willing to sell for. It would be nice to deal with sales people who knew what was possible and what was not. I got a lot of wrong information from the local sales people.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #42
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
I am just used to how RVs are sold where I live, and here the dealer web sites all list the actual sales prices, not the MSRP. Of course you can bargain and get better prices but the Fuse we bought was advertised on the dealer website as $83,000 or so, new. The same RV on the Lichtsinn site was the full MSRP, which made me assume that was what they actually asked. Hence the question. ... snip ...
I can see how what we are accustomed to can affect our reaction to something that looks different. The big Winnebago dealer close to me, McClain’s, typically lists the MSRP. Sometimes they also list their sale price, but either way I can use my handy dandy calculator to approximate what a “deal” should be.

Here’s their website ... see how they display things:

https://www.mcclainsrv.com/

Reckon we are all creatures of habit!
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #43
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I am just used to how RVs are sold where I live, and here the dealer web sites all list the actual sales prices, not the MSRP. Of course you can bargain and get better prices but the Fuse we bought was advertised on the dealer website as $83,000 or so, new. The same RV on the Lichtsinn site was the full MSRP, which made me assume that was what they actually asked. Hence the question.

If they are selling at a discount then I had the wrong impression. When and if we are in the market for a new RV I might just check with them and see what they are willing to sell for. It would be nice to deal with sales people who knew what was possible and what was not. I got a lot of wrong information from the local sales people.
The way I look at their prices is they show the MSRP and then the "loan amount" is what they will sell for. The "loan amount" is what other dealers show for a "sale price" which I believe is the Winnebago MAP price which is the "Minimum Advertised Price" that Winnebago allows dealers to advertise. What you actually pay is what you bargain for. Some things dealers will heavily discount, other things they won't. The best value historically is a new last year's model
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:53 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Just took dely of 2020 View 24D from LaMesa RV and bottom line 124K or so. Haddealer in San Antonio Texas quote same cost.

This is full paint with diesel option .
Bobbettyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:53 AM   #45
Winnebago Vita 24P

We bought our Vita for 45% off MSRP. It was a 2020, but on a 2018 Mercedes Chassis. That was at La Mesa in Sacramento Ca. Feel that was a fair price, kept me from buying used. Yes the Vita is the entry level on Sprinter Chassis RV, but still came with lots of desired features.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #46
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
We bought our Vita for 45% off MSRP. It was a 2020, but on a 2018 Mercedes Chassis. That was at La Mesa in Sacramento Ca. Feel that was a fair price, kept me from buying used. Yes the Vita is the entry level on Sprinter Chassis RV, but still came with lots of desired features.
Congratulations.

Which floor plan? I noticed that one of the 2020 Vitas has a wall slide and that sounds like a very nice feature. I think it must have more space when opened than our Fuse.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:52 AM   #47
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Congratulations.

Which floor plan? I noticed that one of the 2020 Vitas has a wall slide and that sounds like a very nice feature. I think it must have more space when opened than our Fuse.
We bought the 24p which has the walkaround bed. That was wifey's only requirement. Yes it has a tremendous amount of room when the slide is out. Enough to dance to music. So far loving it. Now need some long trips.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbettyl View Post
Just took dely of 2020 View 24D from LaMesa RV and bottom line 124K or so. Haddealer in San Antonio Texas quote same cost.

This is full paint with diesel option .
That would be a real beauty and exactly how I would want it. Don't want a LP Gen. with that small of LP tank
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:01 AM   #49
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.LEO View Post
That would be a real beauty and exactly how I would want it. Don't want a LP Gen. with that small of LP tank
\there is an optional diesel generator...one of the few options on this rig.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #50
Winnebago Watcher

We custom ordered a 2020 View 24J with all bells and whistles. Bought from General RV ... they ordered it from the factory for us. Price — $123,000. Live in Michigan.
MrsEmPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #51
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEmPeel View Post
We custom ordered a 2020 View 24J with all bells and whistles. Bought from General RV ... they ordered it from the factory for us. Price — $123,000. Live in Michigan.
That is a nice price and is in line with what the 24J models on the local dealer's lot are selling for, so perhaps there is not much of an extra cost to custom order an RV.

How long will it take to get delivery?
Old 01-31-2020, 04:05 AM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Since this thread had Lichtsinn in the title I'll just add my .02
We spent close to a year doing research and attending numerous RV shows before we purchased our 17 View.
We also travelled to many dealers in the southeast to get price quotes and ordering and delivery data.
One thing we noticed was all the units we looked at had anywhere from 1100 to 1400 miles on them. Obviously from being driven from the factory to the dealers by delivery service drivers.
In our travels, we saw on the interstates, these rigs passing us at 75 to 80 mph, and some towing a vehicle, with temporary or transporter plates on them.
Mercedes recommends that new engines be broken in properly for the first 1000 miles and not at full bore.
We decided to buy from Lichtsinn for several reasons.
1. Communication and product knowledge was superior to every other dealer we spoke with.
2. Pricing was competitive to what a lot of the local quotes were.
3. Facility is top notch and the capability to stay there hooked up to test everything, and I mean everything, before leaving was very valuable to us.
4. Airport pickup and shuttle to dealership.
And lastly,
5. Taking delivery of a rig with only 30 miles on it and having the opportunity to safely and correctly drive it back to NC knowing that the engine and transmission were properly broken in for the first 1000 miles.
So, it all comes down to what you are comfortable with and the level of risk you are willing to take with your purchase.
For us, Lichtsinn was the answer and we would certainly consider them for another purchase of a Winnebago motorhome.
CGKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:52 AM   #53
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGKMGK View Post
Since this thread had Lichtsinn in the title I'll just add my .02
We spent close to a year doing research and attending numerous RV shows before we purchased our 17 View.
We also travelled to many dealers in the southeast to get price quotes and ordering and delivery data.
One thing we noticed was all the units we looked at had anywhere from 1100 to 1400 miles on them. Obviously from being driven from the factory to the dealers by delivery service drivers.
In our travels, we saw on the interstates, these rigs passing us at 75 to 80 mph, and some towing a vehicle, with temporary or transporter plates on them.
Mercedes recommends that new engines be broken in properly for the first 1000 miles and not at full bore.
We decided to buy from Lichtsinn for several reasons.
1. Communication and product knowledge was superior to every other dealer we spoke with.
2. Pricing was competitive to what a lot of the local quotes were.
3. Facility is top notch and the capability to stay there hooked up to test everything, and I mean everything, before leaving was very valuable to us.
4. Airport pickup and shuttle to dealership.
And lastly,
5. Taking delivery of a rig with only 30 miles on it and having the opportunity to safely and correctly drive it back to NC knowing that the engine and transmission were properly broken in for the first 1000 miles.
So, it all comes down to what you are comfortable with and the level of risk you are willing to take with your purchase.
For us, Lichtsinn was the answer and we would certainly consider them for another purchase of a Winnebago motorhome.
The only downside I can see in using Lichtsinn is that some dealers will give service priority to customers who bought from them rather than from some out of town dealer, but I am not sure that makes much of a difference here in the Phoenix in the Winter.There are so many snow birds in town with RVs that getting a service appointment often takes 6 weeks, and then the RV just sits in the service lot for another 2 weeks before they even start on it.

If we buy another Winnebago I may go to Lichtsinn instead of buying locally.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #54
Winnebago Camper

I will also add that at Lichtsinn, you are given an entire support team to work with. From your personal sales contact pre, during and post delivery and you will also have a personal service rep available for any and all questions related to your rig.
The best part is, if you have any trouble with any component of your RV, your service rep can pull up your specific rig on their database and guide you through any service help you may need.
I have only needed to contact my service guy once since delivery and was given a detailed procedure to correct a leaking generator fuel tap including having him send me a replacement part.
Granted, I'm 1200 miles away from the dealership but it was like having them right down the street and if you are mechanically inclined, there is a lot you can do yourself, and really should know anyway, that will keep you away sketchie dealers and unreasonable wait times for service. The big plus being hands on knowledge of your rig and money staying in your pocket!!
I'm just sayin
CGKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #55
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsEmPeel View Post
Did you get the diesel Onan generator and full body paint for that price? Thanks, Matt
ozon8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago