Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Winnebago View 24V Questions

We currently own a 2006 View 24J and are thinking of buying a2019 24V. I would appreciate any answers current owners of that model could help with.
Is the spare located under the coach? how do you remove it?
Does the onan diesel gen draw fuel from the main tank?
Roughly how many GPH does it use under the load of the AlC?
Has anyone added another fuel tank?
Does the refrig run only on propane or 120v? not on 110V, every thing I read seems to point to power not supplied to it as 110v even on gen or SP??
How long will the standard house batteries power the Refrig ( full time) lights ( minimal use) furnace fan ( moderate) water pump ( minimal use) assuming this is all they are being used for?
I know that is not enough info to be specific, just looking for your real world experience.
Thank you!
bigbenz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenz78 View Post
We currently own a 2006 View 24J and are thinking of buying a2019 24V. I would appreciate any answers current owners of that model could help with.
yes. carefully with a lug wrench. Or, let the Good Sam ERS guy do it for me, since I pay for that.

Quote:
yes.

Quote:
unsure. The Onan manual states .3gph under half load, .4gph under full load.

Quote:
unsure. probably - there are some folks with that skill set on the various forums. If you're concerned about running out, easier to carry spare jerry cans with diesel.

Quote:
Does the refrig run only on propane or 120v? not on 110V, every thing I read seems to point to power not supplied to it as 110v even on gen or SP??
My Norcold runs on 12VDC ONLY. Check with your dealer for other fridge power options.

Quote:
How long will the standard house batteries power the Refrig ( full time) lights ( minimal use) furnace fan ( moderate) water pump ( minimal use) assuming this is all they are being used for?
probably not too long, but "it depends" is also a correct answer. Ours came with 2 FLA Napa batteries from the factory. They aren't what I would call "robust". I added a 3rd 100W panel up top to replenish them faster off grid. I think it helps.
Quote:
I know that is not enough info to be specific, just looking for your real world experience.
Thank you!
You're welcome. Ours is a 2018 N24V.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Is the spare located under the coach? Yeshow do you remove it?Climb under there and remove the two wing bolts holding it in place.
Does the onan diesel gen draw fuel from the main tank?Yes
Roughly how many GPH does it use under the load of the AlC?less than 0.5 gph
Has anyone added another fuel tank?No, and there are multiple reasons not to do so.
Does the refrig run only on propane or 120v? not on 110V, every thing I read seems to point to power not supplied to it as 110v even on gen or SP??Which refrigerator? If you have the compressor fridge, it only runs on 12V which is either supplied by your batteries, your engine, or your convertor. If you have an absorption fridge it runs on 120V or propane.
How long will the standard house batteries power the Refrig ( full time) lights ( minimal use) furnace fan ( moderate) water pump ( minimal use) assuming this is all they are being used for?If you replace the 12V house batteries with 6V golf cart batteries, then you can expect everything to run at least through the night.
Thank you!
See my answers in Red.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
It can be done, apparently. By repurposing the spare tire mount under the chassis.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=64601

https://www.sprinterstore.com/produc...l-tank-system/
https://sprintervanparts.ca/product/...l-tank-system/
https://rbcomponents.com/products/fu...with-timer-kit
Quote:

Thank you!
Old 05-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Upon further review...

It can be done, apparently. By repurposing the spare tire mount under the chassis, or simply adding a second 14 to 20 gallon tank with transfer pump.
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=64601
https://windinmyface.com/Sprinter-Hi...yFuelTank.html
https://www.sprinterstore.com/produc...l-tank-system/
https://sprintervanparts.ca/product/...l-tank-system/
https://rbcomponents.com/products/fu...with-timer-kit
Quote:
Thank you!
Old 02-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The Nova Cool DC compressor fridge:

I have used them on boats and they typically draw 5 amps DC when the compressor is running and in moderate climates the compressor will run 50% of the time. So the fridge uses 5*24*.5= 60 amp hours daily. Your pair of Group 24 FLA batteries is probably rated for 130 amp hours and since you don't want to run them down routinely below 50% they will only last a day. And you have other DC loads like lights (minimal), TV (3-4 amps when on) and TV with DVD player (6-8 amps when on), etc.

If you upgrade the Group 24s to two golf cart batteries wired in series you get 220 amp hours or 110 usable. That will let you run for two days without charging, again ignoring other DC loads.

Solar can help a lot. 200 watts of solar on a sunny day will produce 60-80 amp hours and pretty well covers all loads.

And if you have a series of cloudy days, then start the generator. It will charge the batteries at least initially at 45 amps, so two hours of running will bring them back to mostly charged.

And finally running your chassis engine while motoring down the road will recharge the coach batteries. I am guessing it will charge them at about a 20- 30A rate, so 3-4 hours of driving should bring them back.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago