Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Outlook 25j refrigerator

Just bought a brand new 2019 Outlook 25j with Danby “residential “ refrigerator. It freezes everything inside even on the lowest setting. The Winnebago service center says the refrigerator must be replaced. Seems odd that they do not fix it, but just replace it. Anyone else have a similar problem and solution?

Mike Uttendorfer
Muttendorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

I was told by my RV dealership that they call appliance company out to fix, but they have to remove refrigerator from coach.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2019 Outlook 25j refrigerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
I was told by my RV dealership that they call appliance company out to fix, but they have to remove refrigerator from coach.
The appliance company told me they would give me $250 towards a new one but I had to purchase it and have it shipped to the dealer. When I was unable to find the replacement for $250, I contacted Winnebago customer service to complain. They took care of everything and shipped a replacement to the dealer who replaced the old one. I was very happy I purchase an RV from a company who takes good care of its customers. Thank you, Winnebago.
Muttendorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttendorfer View Post
The appliance company told me they would give me $250 towards a new one but I had to purchase it and have it shipped to the dealer. When I was unable to find the replacement for $250, I contacted Winnebago customer service to complain. They took care of everything and shipped a replacement to the dealer who replaced the old one. I was very happy I purchase an RV from a company who takes good care of its customers. Thank you, Winnebago.
Yes it is great they took care of that, by the way I found the exact same refrigerator at my local Sams Club for $185. Different brand but exact same diminsions and layout inside. Probably same manufacture in China. In my case the overload protection fuse went. I repaired it myself, even though I too am under warranty. Just the time out for service was too long. I also added an access panel behind refrigerator for easier service.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 04:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttendorfer View Post
How many Winnebago employees (the ones who created your Winnebago for you) own a Winnebago like you do?

The Winnebago RV offers more "freedom" and it's manufactured in the "Land of the Free" so you would think every Winnebago employee would have a Winnebago RV if they wanted one just like you do.

How many Newmar employees own a Newmar?

How many GDRV employees own a GDRV?

Do you care about the people who built it for you?

Elminster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator