Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2018 View cab shades

I just purchased a view 24 V. The shade on driver door does not hold closed.The magnet. Is same as other shades. Wonder if magnet strip could be upside down? Any other have a problem? Thanks
Lyncjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome!

The magnetic strip has probably come unglued from the channel it is supposed to be in. Look carefully and you will likely see it stuck to the mating side and pulled completely out of where it is supposed to be. Common problem if you live where you have high heat and intense sunshine.

To fix it, separate the two magnetic strips, clean both the strip and the channel in the shade holder with alcohol, and spray the adhesive side of the magnetic strip with 3M 77 adhesive. When that is dry, stick the strip back in it's channel and press it into place. Let it cure a bit and you should be good to go.

This same problem will most likely occur with all of the other positions as well.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #3

Good advice. Magnetic curtain strips in our 2018 View 24J came off on the driver and passenger windows. I used Super Glue on the road for a quick fix and it seems to be holding. 3M 77 is probably better.
SteveD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I've also had the same issue.... in addition the front portion of the door shades have a hinge up top that have undone themselves. When I get some time I'll remove the shade unit and see if I can repair that. I was unable to find any parts for cabin shade system.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Problem solved. Took strip off and turn end for end. Then magnets attracted instead of repelling each other. RV Tec replied at must turn end for end.
Lyncjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, I know it is five years later but we have the problem with the short pin missing on the triangle window shade, so the shade just dangles and does not sit in the metal rail it is supposed to. What did you do to solve this isssue? Thanks.
Hikercarla is offline   Reply With Quote