Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2018 Aspect 30j Battery Maintenance

I recently bought a 2018 Aspect 30j but am having problems doing the monthly check on coach battery fluid level. According to the operator's manual, the battery tray should pull out far enough to allow this fluid check. Unfortunately, the batteries will not slide out far enough to accomplish this without removing the + and - battery cables going to the circuit breaker unit. A service technician confirmed this is the correct approach.

This is a terrible design and unacceptable for handicap folks like me. Has anyone else had this problem...how did you solve it?

BRHauenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It is unacceptable. Handicapped or not. Perhaps longer leads to facilitate pulling out the tray
Old 10-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Best answer is to replace the current batteries with AGM batteries from Sams Club if they bother you that much. Should be able to sell your current batteries if they are in good shape. The AGMs are maintenance free so that will end your monthly filling. Had a Cambria and know what you are going thru. Good luck!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Best answer is to replace the current batteries with AGM batteries from Sams Club if they bother you that much. Should be able to sell your current batteries if they are in good shape. The AGMs are maintenance free so that will end your monthly filling. Had a Cambria and know what you are going thru. Good luck!
Bob, I have had great service life from the NAPA AGM's. They are to originals with the coach. I have 6 and we have no problem dry docking at Walmart or the truck stops overnight when on the road between volunteer projects.
Rick
Old 10-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Rick
The Sams Club AGMs are made by EastPenn who make many brands. Your NAPA batteries might very well have been made by them. I agree they are great batteries.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Rick
The Sams Club AGMs are made by EastPenn who make many brands. Your NAPA batteries might very well have been made by them. I agree they are great batteries.

As you know, contracts will change over time. I think mine were manufactured by Optima. EastPenn is a great battery. Sepc and price is what counts. When I recently was looking at AGM's I found the NAPA battery a good value with and a good work horse. I think they will function as well as Lifeline or Concord for my needs and for half the price. I was just looking. No need----yet. Just a matter of time.
You always come up with good stuff, Bob. Thanks for this insight.