Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomango View Post
There seemed to be different opinions about the brand of shocks . Which is better Koni 1FSD or Fox V2.5 Heavy Duty?
I am thinking about to replace my rear shocks of a 2011 View Profile w/ 53K.
I like to get a honest the goodness recommendation. Thx.
There's been mixed reviews and feedback on the KONI...
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...g/1/page/1.cfm

However, check out all the SPRINTER forums, the FOX shocks got a ton of positive reviews. The FOX are a lot more expensive. I installed the FOX V2.5 HD on my View 24J.... so far, I only have about 100 miles on them... too early to tell.... I got a long road trip planned in October... so will be able to do longer testing...
jnguyen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

New Koni shocks

Just replaced rear shocks with heavy duty Koni.
What a difference in the driving experience! Lot less rocking and feels firmer around the turns. It turned out that l already have a sway bar in the rear.
I bought it through European Campers and had them installed by a local mechanic for a total cost of around $400. Money well spent and would highly recommend it.
I have a 2011 View Profile with 53k miles.
gomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:13 AM   #43
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2018 View 24V and am also concerned about sway in cross winds and from trucks etc. I am going to put on the KONI SFD rear shocks and Sumo springs in the rear. Wondering opinions on if it is also necessary to put the Sumo in the front to get adequate handling or will the rear be enough?
xphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:36 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Can’t hurt

I am sure it would be better but probably not necessary.
gomango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Hello all. I'm new to RV's and just bought a '19 Navion. I ordered the Fox 2.5 shocks for the rear to assist in the handling. I also ordered the softer front and rear sumo springs. I'll try the shocks first, then the front sumos, then the rear sumos. Might try the hellwig too. Agile suggests the Fox shocks and the hellwig and not the sumos unless I'm adding a lot of weight to the rv or towing a higher load.
fstclyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Hello fstclyz, Let me know what you think of the Fox 2.5 shocks.

Looking at ordering a set myself!!!!
gliderpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Will do. Getting them today. I just picked up my rig last night and I will say it drives pretty nice already.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 AM   #48
Winnebago Camper

I installed the Agile Fox 2.5 rear shocks on Saturday. Certainly an improvement over stock. The ride quality is still very good and these shocks definitely limit roll from side to side. I still had nice compression from the Fox's over bumps etc and didn't feel like I needed the Sumo rear springs yet. I installed the front softer (blue) Sumo springs next. They did roughly the same thing. Limited the nose from diving into a turn and rolling over. The ride quality over bumps etc was still good too. The two of these together was a great combination IMO and complimented eachother with similar roll resistance. They both stiffened up the suspension while turning and limited the wallowing that the rv felt going down the road at speed. I didn't noticed any more road noise or less travel from the suspension which was important to me.

I'm going to stay with this setup and put some miles on it. I don't see why I would need the rear Sumo springs at this point either. Maybe if I'm towing and have this thing loaded down, they would assist like a helper spring does or an air bag. I figured I'll save the $200 on the rear Sumos for now. Love this RV so far.

FYI-The rear shocks took less than a hr to install with two 7/8" sockets, a ratchet strap (to compress the shock while bolting it on) and crawling under the rv. The front Sumo's took even less using a 13mm socket. Really easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Sumo Springs installed.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	170318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Fox shocks installed.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	170319  

Old 10-04-2018, 06:30 AM   #49
Winnebago Camper

I just finished putting blue sumos up front, black in the rear, Koni FSD, and Hellwig bar on my 2019 VD. Now it rides like it should! Slight softness at the front corners but I'll drive it for a while before replacing the front struts. Very happy with the rig now.
Markap6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:05 AM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Koni has a lifetime warranty. I had Konis on a previous coach and loved them, until they wore out a year later. Turned out, my coach was too heavy for the FSDs, so they sent me a new set of heavier-duty shocks. They were great to work with, and I was initially amazed with the improved ride, so I'll probably go with Konis this time too. Larry 2014 Reyo P
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote