Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Winnebago Aspect - 2 questions

We were looking at an Aspect today that is leftover 2015 model. The sales guy we were with showed us around the unit explaining this and that. The Aspect looked pretty good except it was not the model 30J we were looking for.

Neither one of us could locate the grey water and black water drain location. We tried looking under the unit but could not crawl under and see as the lot was wet, slides out, etc. Is the drain located under the driver side slideout maybe behind a door? If so that may not be ideal!

Also the unit had a sticker price of about $115,460. I asked what they were asking for the unit and he hem hawed around saying "they had said about $102,000". That to me does not sound even close to what it should sell for as it is almost 2 models years old and still on the lot. Any idea of what would/should be a reasonable price for this unit? We are selling our 01 Monaco Dynasty rather than trading so that should not be an issue.

Thanks
Wayne
Old 03-11-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2015 Cambria 30J which is the same as the Aspect.

The holding tank valves are in a compartment just behind the street side rear wheels. There is a cap in the bottom of the bay which is unscrewed to hook up.

Not quite as convenient as our old Adventurer, but has worked well for us.

It seems that the dealer should be willing to come down substantially on the price. Ours is loaded with all options except a sat dish and on demand water and was in the range you are talking. Sticker on ours was around 135. Keep talking and they should come down - or exercise your feet!

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:13 AM   #3
JBP
Winnie-Wise

What model was the one that you were looking at? We have the 2015 27K model. A good way to figure what price to pay for a new (un-used) coach is. Take MSRP times .75. Then add the deal prep and delivery cost on to it. You my even try .70. That is very hard to get them to buy off on.
Don't buy without driving it.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

JBP is bang on about pricing. Given it is a 2015 model, could get even more if they are anxious. We got 27% easily off ours and most dealers were around that but with the high current demand for RVs, it might be slightly less. Best bet is to deal with a high volume dealer who has less overhead and really wants to move inventory. Good luck
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:40 AM   #5
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I agree with bobmac. Good luck. And hope that we helped.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clock Meister View Post
We have a 2015 Cambria 30J which is the same as the Aspect.

The holding tank valves are in a compartment just behind the street side rear wheels. There is a cap in the bottom of the bay which is unscrewed to hook up.

Not quite as convenient as our old Adventurer, but has worked well for us.

It seems that the dealer should be willing to come down substantially on the price. Ours is loaded with all options except a sat dish and on demand water and was in the range you are talking. Sticker on ours was around 135. Keep talking and they should come down - or exercise your feet!

Chris
Had to look on the dealer website to get the model number. It is a 727K, 2 slide. Not totally sure about all the options yet but one major thing I did not like was the driver and passenger seats were not power seats and did not swivel. Also has the Swintek slide system (lots of problems ?).

There are 3 doors behind the drivers rear wheels, first was the long door holding the black tank (with Macerator ?), the second door held the power cord, and the third door was small about 8" square (some inside length) and was empty. I did not readily see anything that look like a cap to remove or the usual black pipe with cap to attach the hose and the handle to open/close the drain. Maybe I need to look closer.

Did notice on their website that they had reduced the price at some point in time to $84,996 which is about 27% off the sticker. The sales guy should have known this but did not mention it. Personally I think the price should be lower than that due to age and no power seats. They did not mention anything about the demand hot water system.

Thanks for the replies.

Wayne
Old 03-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #7
JBP
Winnie-Wise

As I said we have a 2015 27K. Nice quite coach. Drives very well. I pull a Lincoln 4 down with it. I believe that, that would be a good price. Look to see what the options are on that coach. 4 door frig, continuous hot water heater, leveling jack, sky light, easy rest mattress. The air ride suspension is standard now.
The 30J has the three slides and is a very livable coach.
The gas milage between a 30J and the 27K is almost identical. The big difference is the third slide and the extra cost.
If you have any additional question please ask.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #8
JBP
Winnie-Wise

The driver and the passenger seats do swivel and there are cushions that come with the coach that make the seat height correct when you are parked. The macerator pump is for the gray water tank drain. I level the gray water valve open all of the time. The piping is arranged so that the tank does not drain without the pump being turned on.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

JBP is right on the seats swiveling....I think. The booster seats only come with the interior upgrade which should be on that coach at that price.

I don't think electric seats are even an option on that coach. The good news, my seats are very comfortable. Those booster seats and swivel seats may be a useable option if you don't have good seating. In the 30J, its a PITA. I put the booster seats in plastic and they are in the barn.

I love my new 2015 30J.
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:25 PM   #10
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Crh97 on the rear entertainment system can you answer your phone from inside the coach or does that only work when you are outside?
Redeldo sorry for high jacking your thread.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

JBP I don't understand the question. I special ordered my coach and chose not to get the in dash GPS. I do have the outside radio. I love it. I listen to Pandora a lot, both camping and in my barn/workshop where the coach is stored.

If I can answer my phone on either device, I didn't know it?
Old 03-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #12
JBP
Winnie-Wise

Okay the outside entertainment system on my coach is in the rear compartment passenger side it's Bluetooth capable and supposedly you can link your phone to it. I was just curious if you had done that yet. I did go ahead and get the in-dash GPS from Rand McNally. And it works pretty good. It is also Bluetooth capable and I link my phone through it so I'm not fumbling for a phone on the road in traffic.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Yes the blue tooth works great on the outside unit. When the phone rings, the radio mutes.

I can run my phone thru the stock dash radio but have to use a cord.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #14
JBP
Winnie-Wise

crh97 thanks for the information.

Tags
winnebago