Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 24GView- Switching sofa bed to recliner sofa

Hi. We have a 2015 Winnebago View 24G with the sofa bed option as opposed to the table. We just don't use the bed at all, so we would like to take out the sofa bed loveseat and replace it with a a reclining sofa. The current sofa bed is 57" and we found one that would fit at 53" at Shop4Seats. We are looking at the Qualitex Monaco, Tribute or Concord RV Loveseat Recliners. Has anybody had any experience with replacing the sofa bed in the 24G (2015) with a reclining loveseat? They are like two side by side chairs together. Thanks so much in advance.

Also, our white sofa bed is in perfect condition and we hate to throw it out after we replace it. (That's what Camping World and others do when switching them out). If anybody's current sofa bed is worn out and needs a new one, we will have one.
HabsRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2016 G. Lots of folks have done what we did. We replaced the sofa bed with two recliners from Lambright in IN. For more info join the View Navion Motorhomes Homes Facebook group. Lots of info and photos.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much! Will do. Appreciated.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We are in the process of taking out the OEM sofa from our Sightseer. We purchased from RecPro. Definitely check them out. While we had a space of 110" to fill, they do have multiple sizes to choose from or you can design your own with the modular pieces to fit your needs. Our has power recliners on each end but they can also be purchased without power. So far we are very impressed with there service, quality and comfort. Would highly recommend.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/
Old 12-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRV View Post
Hi. We have a 2015 Winnebago View 24G with the sofa bed option as opposed to the table. We just don't use the bed at all, so we would like to take out the sofa bed loveseat and replace it with a a reclining sofa. The current sofa bed is 57" and we found one that would fit at 53" at Shop4Seats. We are looking at the Qualitex Monaco, Tribute or Concord RV Loveseat Recliners. Has anybody had any experience with replacing the sofa bed in the 24G (2015) with a reclining loveseat? They are like two side by side chairs together. Thanks so much in advance.

Also, our white sofa bed is in perfect condition and we hate to throw it out after we replace it. (That's what Camping World and others do when switching them out). If anybody's current sofa bed is worn out and needs a new one, we will have one.
We very much want to do this with our Voyager RS28 5th wheel. We are baffled as to how they get a 57" wide recliner through a 45" wide door. Is there a trick to this? It's not a toy hauler, so no big back hatch - just the narrow little entry door crammed in next to the kitchen.
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The recliners come in 2 pieces. The back of the recliner slides off so you take each piece in separately. This is very common for recliners of all brands. Here is a video that may help.

https://youtu.be/23uiY0JSC8M
Old 12-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRV View Post

If you are in Tucson AZ there is a man who resells RV stuff
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneypaul View Post
We have a 2016 G. Lots of folks have done what we did. We replaced the sofa bed with two recliners from Lambright in IN. For more info join the View Navion Motorhomes Homes Facebook group. Lots of info and photos.
DO you have more info on Lambright
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

For Lambright - try Bradd and Hall in Elkhart, IN. I spoke to Mr. Bradd a few time when we were trying to determine how to handle our raised slide platform and whether it would work with a recliner sofa - which it was determined that it wouldn't for what we were wanting to achieve. He was very helpful.

https://www.braddandhall.com/Product...?idCategory=58
Old 12-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtorhome View Post
We are in the process of taking out the OEM sofa from our Sightseer. We purchased from RecPro. Definitely check them out. While we had a space of 110" to fill, they do have multiple sizes to choose from or you can design your own with the modular pieces to fit your needs. Our has power recliners on each end but they can also be purchased without power. So far we are very impressed with there service, quality and comfort. Would highly recommend.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-furniture/
I second your comment on RecPro's quality.

We bought a new sofa/bed and a dinette set for our Sightseer. The shipping was superfast and I think the quality is great. the sofa folds out into a bed with a real mattress. Both pieces fit in our slide perfectly.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks .. you know what? I had seen RecPro and they looked like they had great stuff, but the smallest loveseat recliner they had was 58" and ours in the 2015 V24G the space is 57. Shop4Seats has one that is 53" which we are thinking about.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Yes, I talked to Shop4Seats and they told me they came in two pieces and it would fit in the door just fine.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:39 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Where are you located?
I would be interested in your sofa sleeper....at 57' it's only 3 inches shorter than the 60 x 40 space allowed in the area I have (taking out two Lazy Boys), need the sleeping capabilitiy.
Thank you!
Randy Brown
Iowa
coachrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Hi. We are located near Chicago but we ended up just recently putting the sofa sleeper in our house. ..I looked on Lambright site, but didn't see any that size, you can check, but .Rec Pro and Shop4Seats has some in the size you are looking for.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:06 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Old thread I know but I'm going to post here anyway. I am in the process of installing a Lambright twin recliner loveseat in my 2016 Itasca Navion 24G. The original sleeper was used as a bed about 4 times in the 7 years I've had this RV and the faux leatherette upholstery was disintegrating as have many others of similar vintage. So on our trip to the East Coast last May we stopped at the Lambright showroom in Indiana and spoke with Vernon Lambright. Ended up buying a Harrison double recliner in the 54 inch width. I told Vernon that I thought the 58 inch version might be made to fit and the few inches of extra width might be worth the hassle. But he told me that the seating area in both lengths is the same, the only difference is the width of the arms - so the extra width is just stuffing to make the arms a little more cushy. The 54 inch version fits in the slideout quite nicely, leaving a few inches of clearance on each end.

I ordered the loveseat in May and it arrived in San Diego on 30 August. Worth the wait - it is beautiful. Right now I have the old couch out and the pieces of the new one in, just puzzling over the best way to arrange the wiring as it will be difficult to access once the new recliners are screwed down and the backs are attached. I bought the extra battery so that when we boondock we'll be able to use the power recline and power headrest options I chose - might as well go first class when I can - and I can in this case. Turns out I didn't really need the battery as the loveseat will operate with the included charger/power supply without the extra battery - and I have a 120V outlet right next to the couch that works with the RVs inverter. So now I have double redundancy - oh well.

Next trip isn't scheduled until October so I have time to scope out the wiring and all. I think I can arrange things so that I'll be able to reach the battery and power supply over the back of the loveseat when it is upright - will have to use a grabber deal like is used for picking up trash.

One more detail is that when the new loveseat is placed where there is still about an inch of clearance between the seat back and the wall while the seat back is fully reclined the socket in the floor for the dining table is just barely usable, the post actually has to press against the padding when it is in place. We don't use the table all that often but I do want it to be usable.

And one more useful bit of info - the power cords/supply/battery are standard power furniture items and are available on Amazon in various configurations so arranging the wiring is not as difficult as I originally feared.

I'll post a few pics later when the install is complete.
jayelldouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:10 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Job done

Here's a pic of the completed install - huge difference in comfort - and the Ultraleather should last a lot longer than the whatever it was on the original couch -

Click image for larger version

Name:	LambrightRecliners.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	184162
Old 11-16-2022, 11:15 AM   #17
Gigi

So happy to see you went into detail about the Lambright Harrison loveseat. We bought a gently used (less than 28K miles) 2012 Winnebago View Profile 24G in May of this year and love it. However, like you, we don't use the sofa bed and two days ago we ordered the RV Harrison 54" from Mr. Lambright in Indiana. We ordered it in the Ultraleather in "putty" which is what the original sofa and captain's chairs are in. The sofa has held up well, is so comfortable and seems to wear well. The fabric is not hot or cool to the touch and does not have one scratch or rip. It looks like the loveseat won't be ready until March but I know it will be worth the wait.
Since we live over 1000 miles from Indiana, we will have it shipped. We plan to take out the old sofa and install the new powered, high back loveseat when it arrives. Any tips about the installation would be appreciated. Did you use bolts and did yours have a roller in front? Our slide platform is 3 and seven eighths inches from the floor. So Mr. Lambright has said we will need a roller. Not sure how that will install but we shall see.
Again, your post is so helpful and the photo of your new reclining loveseat looks great!
Thanks!
GStclair15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

See post #3 in this thread on IRV2:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/rem...ed-595109.html

About the rollers Vernon Lambright measured the height needed while I was at the factory and set the rollers to that height. But then I raised the platform 3/4" when I added the piece of plywood mentioned in the IRV2 thread so I had to readjust the height of the rollers. It was very simple to do, just had to buy some slightly longer bolts and a few more flat washers to stack up. There are 4 rollers altogether, two on each chair. BTW I was surprised at the shipping cost, it was about $700 to ship from Indiana to San Diego.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:37 AM   #19
Gigi

Sofa to reclining loveseat modification

The link looks helpful for installation. Glad the roller installation wasn't difficult. Was shocked to read what you had to pay for shipping. Ridiculous. We figured it would cost about $1000 for diesel and overnight stays if we go there to pick it up plus the $200 to have them install it. So we're leaning toward having it shipped. BTW, did you get the high back or low back version and what do you think about it?
GStclair15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

I got the high back with the power recline and the power headrests. It is extremely comfortable and alas it's perfect for watching the TV above the sink. The only drawback is that it is so comfortable that it's too easy to stay inside rather than joining our friends around the campfire. The original sofa bed had a low back and got uncomfortable after a fairly short time so that kept us up and moving more. Gonna have to work on that. BTW the Ultraleather fabric is amazing stuff - I accidentally got some ball point pen ink on it and after some wiping with isopropyl alcohol the ink disappeared with no effect on the fabric. I did check the Ultraleather website for cleaning instructions before I did this - and they recommend the isopropyl alcohol for stubborn stains. No one should take my word for it though - always check with the manufacturer before applying any chemical to your furniture.

Tags
switch